kkk1

wife cheated on me at last moment

207 posts in this topic

I am in USA . Looking for space to live in Houston.

Wife lost my Singapore address and now she wants to send divorce paper to me but she doesn't have address. Lol. What a wife. Really.

Well please guys let me know next step after changing address. Shall I buy post box number from UPS, so that I can have permanent address for collecting social security and green card.

Filed: Timeline

Congrats :)

I told you right nothing is as bad you thought it was,

glad you made the right choice.

They asked anything at immigration ?

You can find tons of places in Houston, look on sulekha and keep calling people, get a cellphone.

Did you see your wife ?

I am in USA . Looking for space to live in Houston.

Wife lost my Singapore address and now she wants to send divorce paper to me but she doesn't have address. Lol. What a wife. Really.

Well please guys let me know next step after changing address. Shall I buy post box number from UPS, so that I can have permanent address for collecting social security and green card.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Me and my wife met at mall called galleria at Houston and she handed me divorce paper. I am feeling so much collapsed and distroyed. I am still looking for a place to stay in somewhere.

You may feel collapsed and destroyed but you are free for a future happy life without that lunatic of a wife and to that I say Congratulations !

Your future is bright you just don't know it yet.

Keep looking in the news papers for an apartment or let your co workers help you, take a small hotel room for now.

Perhaps the in laws (if still on your side) can assist you. Get to know people.....network.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

^^^g

I agree. A late congrats as Im sorry I hadnt gotten back to your thread sooner. Good to hear you had a safe trip and no issues.

While a divorce is emotionally overwhelming- it is the right thing. Keep your wits about you and protect yourself and your future. Continue your meetings with her in public only because as long as you are married- any incidents will be considered domestic violence and that can cause your GC to be revoked.

(if there are residual feelings between you all- well its not unheard of for one person to go to rehab and later on couples to remarry, so maybe one day perhaps if she makes major life changes the future may bring you back together, but for right now/ shes toxic)

As for a PO box. Yes. You definitely need a steady place for mail until you get a residence. I do know of people that prefer to use places like mail boxes etc of the ups store (these are regional based stores so youd have to look around and see whats comparable shops in your area) but basically they are private PO box locations rather then the us postal service boxes.

They are slightly and I mean ever so slightly more expensive then the government post office boxes but they have extra perks. One being the address format. For the US PO Box you would write it out like:

PO Box 45

Houston TX 12345

For a private box its

123 Main St #45

Houston TX 12345

(because you are box 45 at their location 123 main st)

So if you were to use it on applications or the what not- its not as obvious that its a po box. If you are going to be moving around a lot, its a good idea to have a steady box for mail until you are sure of where you will be. Plus private locations also offer a service (for a fee) where they can alert you when mail gets delivered to your box so you can come in and get it! Where with the US postal box youd have to periodically go in to check, sometimes stuff is there, sometimes its empty. The private stores also have services available where they can sign for things/ regular box cant do that, and if something oversized comes in they are more accommodating then the US mail service in holding it rather then just rejecting it because it didnt fit.

Mmm not so fast marriedguy. I wouldnt be so fast to say it wont have any impact. For the GC- no, no impact whatsoever.. We already went over how everything is completely legal and clear. For citizenship, well Id be remiss to not give a clear picture of potential implications that may occur.

First the basics- Youd be applying under the 5yr rule not the 3 yr based on marriage since youd no longer be married or have a viable marriage even if you were still married. So theres that requirement. 5yrs of being a LPR.This involves showing your continued residence in the US for the period. People that travel frequently sometimes have problems with this if they had spent extended time outside the US.

Theres the civics test and the English languge requirement which you should have no issue with. Then you have to show a clean record. This includes as discussed not having any DV incidents. Also not having any other criminal charges or what often trips up LPRs DUI charges or traffic tickets. You need to be careful because in some states excessive speeding or reckless driving is considered a felony and a felony charge and a GC do not mix.

Then we get into the gray area of good moral character or GMC. We discussed before how it was not illegal to travel to the US on the visa - which was issued for the intent of family unity- knowing you would not be uniting with your 'family' because it was not revoked, but it could be viewed as immoral. Well, heres where someone would potentially play that card and make that judgement.

But all is not lost, this is not a permanent judgement- if if is even made(which I have no idea if it would even be made!) When they evaluate you for natrulazation they look at the time period right before you apply- so if you are applying based on the 5yr rule or the 3yr rule respectively they would be looking at the 5yr period or 3yr period right before you applied.

If you had a GMC issue- like a DUI. That is a clear cut GMC issue that many people have, its well documented so its not like this is a theory, this is a factual and common occurrence- if you had a DUI in 2012 and applied for citizenship and you got your GC in 2010 so your 5 years was 2015 and you applied in 2015- they would tell you to come back in 2017- 5 years after 2012/ when you had a 5 year clean period from the bad moral incident showing a clean 5 year GMC period.

For you specifically- they will want to see your divorce papers- because thats part of the paperwork. They will see you never lived with her. It may play into GMC. It may not. So I would recommend not applying on the first day available to you which is technically the date on your GC + 5 yrs. I would wait atleast until after the divorce and then evens so 6 months after that. And then I would be prepared at the interview for any questions about it and to snub a potential denial before it happens. If the Officer starts going that direction, explain how you know about that, how you asked multiple legal sources to confirm you werent breaking laws by using the visa and were advised you could use it. How you waited to file for citizenship to ensure you had a solid period of good character and didnt rush into filing on the first date available.

The worst thing that can happen is they refuse and deny you and force you to come back in X amount of time. It can happen if the Officer is power hungry. You can then appeal or simply wait. So its not for sure no issue. Its definitely not permanently no. I do have faith things will work out for you and in 5 or so years you will be posting back with good news.

Getting citizenship for him is secondary, he should focus on settilng with his life first.

Mmm not so fast marriedguy. I wouldnt be so fast to say it wont have any impact. For the GC- no, no impact whatsoever.. We already went over how everything is completely legal and clear. For citizenship, well Id be remiss to not give a clear picture of potential implications that may occur.

First the basics- Youd be applying under the 5yr rule not the 3 yr based on marriage since youd no longer be married or have a viable marriage even if you were still married. So theres that requirement. 5yrs of being a LPR.This involves showing your continued residence in the US for the period. People that travel frequently sometimes have problems with this if they had spent extended time outside the US.

Theres the civics test and the English languge requirement which you should have no issue with. Then you have to show a clean record. This includes as discussed not having any DV incidents. Also not having any other criminal charges or what often trips up LPRs DUI charges or traffic tickets. You need to be careful because in some states excessive speeding or reckless driving is considered a felony and a felony charge and a GC do not mix.

Then we get into the gray area of good moral character or GMC. We discussed before how it was not illegal to travel to the US on the visa - which was issued for the intent of family unity- knowing you would not be uniting with your 'family' because it was not revoked, but it could be viewed as immoral. Well, heres where someone would potentially play that card and make that judgement.

But all is not lost, this is not a permanent judgement- if if is even made(which I have no idea if it would even be made!) When they evaluate you for natrulazation they look at the time period right before you apply- so if you are applying based on the 5yr rule or the 3yr rule respectively they would be looking at the 5yr period or 3yr period right before you applied.

If you had a GMC issue- like a DUI. That is a clear cut GMC issue that many people have, its well documented so its not like this is a theory, this is a factual and common occurrence- if you had a DUI in 2012 and applied for citizenship and you got your GC in 2010 so your 5 years was 2015 and you applied in 2015- they would tell you to come back in 2017- 5 years after 2012/ when you had a 5 year clean period from the bad moral incident showing a clean 5 year GMC period.

For you specifically- they will want to see your divorce papers- because thats part of the paperwork. They will see you never lived with her. It may play into GMC. It may not. So I would recommend not applying on the first day available to you which is technically the date on your GC + 5 yrs. I would wait atleast until after the divorce and then evens so 6 months after that. And then I would be prepared at the interview for any questions about it and to snub a potential denial before it happens. If the Officer starts going that direction, explain how you know about that, how you asked multiple legal sources to confirm you werent breaking laws by using the visa and were advised you could use it. How you waited to file for citizenship to ensure you had a solid period of good character and didnt rush into filing on the first date available.

The worst thing that can happen is they refuse and deny you and force you to come back in X amount of time. It can happen if the Officer is power hungry. You can then appeal or simply wait. So its not for sure no issue. Its definitely not permanently no. I do have faith things will work out for you and in 5 or so years you will be posting back with good news.

I called Home land security and I told that I entered US on 22 nd and they told me that why you want to change address they asked me reference number. I said I don't have one they asked me my name and then they told me they don't have my application. So my question is when I can call them and get my address change for receiving social security number.

Getting citizenship for him is secondary, he should focus on settilng with his life first.

Hey, he asked about citizenship so I answered. I agree its way in the future and not something he should be stressing about now.

I called Home land security and I told that I entered US on 22 nd and they told me that why you want to change address they asked me reference number. I said I don't have one they asked me my name and then they told me they don't have my application. So my question is when I can call them and get my address change for receiving social security number.

My dear. Looking back on your situation--- Do you remember the $165 fee? This is general info from VJs wiki page

".POE

After you get approved at the interview, there is one more fee to pay. It's for the actual green card and the current cost is $165. You'll receive a letter about this at the interview, which you can read in advance here [36]. This fee can either be paid before or after POE, but it's recommended to do it before, so as not to cause any delays.
It may also be possible to get a tracking number for the green card. Follow VJ member Darnell's advice:
"Call USCIS, get a human, ask for the TRACKING NUMBER on the green card. Yes, such a thing exists, and they will give it to you when asked. Then call USPS and inquire for status. In the end, if USPS sent it back to USCIS, you'll need to call USCIS again, talk with an ISO about 'returned mail pieces', go over your address again on the telephone, and ask to have all returned mail pieces sent back to you."
If you never paid the fee then they wont be generating you a GC and mailing it until you PAY THEM!!! lol. Its not such a big deal as an inconvenience. Theres no requirement technically to have the GC issued to you in a set amount of time after arrival. Some people that are strapped for cash, especially after arrival if they are travelling with kids and have to 'purchase' multiple GCs can not afford to pay for them right away so they dont. They save up and then pay the fee(s) and the cards are printed and mailed out.
SO- if you paid the fee- follow the advice above and find out what happened to your card- a tracking number should exsist, your payment went somewhere. IF you never paid- no card was generated, you need to pay.
AS for Social Security, lol oh my thats a whole other topic and Im so sorry, I didnt realize you were unaware of the process because you just kept mentioning having the card come to you. I thought you knew you had to go down and apply for the card! Its not going to just come to you. It can but usually nope.
Heres a thread with some info and a link for the VJ guide geared towards helping fiancees get SS#s but the info for finding your office is the same as is the forms and process.
good luck! :)

Some get SSN delivered to the house, even with out them going, but it's better to go to SSN office, as it will be fast.

Hey, he asked about citizenship so I answered. I agree its way in the future and not something he should be stressing about now.

My dear. Looking back on your situation--- Do you remember the $165 fee? This is general info from VJs wiki page

".POE

After you get approved at the interview, there is one more fee to pay. It's for the actual green card and the current cost is $165. You'll receive a letter about this at the interview, which you can read in advance here [36]. This fee can either be paid before or after POE, but it's recommended to do it before, so as not to cause any delays.
It may also be possible to get a tracking number for the green card. Follow VJ member Darnell's advice:
"Call USCIS, get a human, ask for the TRACKING NUMBER on the green card. Yes, such a thing exists, and they will give it to you when asked. Then call USPS and inquire for status. In the end, if USPS sent it back to USCIS, you'll need to call USCIS again, talk with an ISO about 'returned mail pieces', go over your address again on the telephone, and ask to have all returned mail pieces sent back to you."
If you never paid the fee then they wont be generating you a GC and mailing it until you PAY THEM!!! lol. Its not such a big deal as an inconvenience. Theres no requirement technically to have the GC issued to you in a set amount of time after arrival. Some people that are strapped for cash, especially after arrival if they are travelling with kids and have to 'purchase' multiple GCs can not afford to pay for them right away so they dont. They save up and then pay the fee(s) and the cards are printed and mailed out.
SO- if you paid the fee- follow the advice above and find out what happened to your card- a tracking number should exsist, your payment went somewhere. IF you never paid- no card was generated, you need to pay.
AS for Social Security, lol oh my thats a whole other topic and Im so sorry, I didnt realize you were unaware of the process because you just kept mentioning having the card come to you. I thought you knew you had to go down and apply for the card! Its not going to just come to you. It can but usually nope.
Heres a thread with some info and a link for the VJ guide geared towards helping fiancees get SS#s but the info for finding your office is the same as is the forms and process.

But Damara has many good points :dancing:

".POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Two off-topic posts have been removed.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.