Different religion

Different ethnicity

Limited face time

Made contact on the web

Limited visits

Marrying soon after meeting

you get the idea

I have at least 6 of these redflags ?

1. I am female and 9 years older than my fiance but am always told i look 15 years younger than my age.

2. I have been divorced twice

3. I have 6 children, 4 are minors

4. I have been to see him twice but only 5 days each visit. But we started our relationship 20 months ago.

5. Met on facebook

6. I was legally separated but not yet divorced when we met

7. I was a different religion when we met but have since converted to his religion

8. I am 39 so technically within child bearing age but not for much longer.

Should I be worried? Would attending the interview help? I read on the embassy's website that citizens will not be aloud inside due to limited space but not sure if this means inside the building or inside the interview room.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Head over to the MENA forum, there are plenty of similar cases and they may be able to offer better advice.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Many consulates couldn't care less if the USC attends the interview. Some have a mild preference. Some have a strong or very strong preference. A certain few are essentially a guaranteed denial unless the USC spouse is present. I think a lot of MENA embassies tend towards the latter end of the spectrum.

Edited by HeatDeath

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Timeline

Middle East North Africa

It is the regional forum.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Thank you to everyone for your responses. I'm going to most in the MENA forum to get more detailed responses from people who know the US embassy in Tunis very well.

"A million years if I could live,
A thousand lives if I could give,
I would spend it all again with you,
Don't forget where you belong,
Only with me you are strong,
Not even the gods above can break,
Baby what we have"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.