Bare

Philippine Passport Renewal and ROM

21 posts in this topic

Just a recommendation. Have you tried calling back to the Consulate there in LA and try and get clarification so your not chasing the cat up the wrong tree? It seems to me, don't get me wrong I am not trying to be a jerk, but wouldn't it have been wiser to get clarification WHILE at the Consulate as to their requirements that you are missing?

I'd have to go with what Hank said. That possibly the certified original would suffice their requirements.

This whole process can be stressful because you feeling like your shooting at a moving target. My experience is, get all the documents that is on their list. Check each one off and have your partner double check everything with you.

Good luck. Outreach programs are a good way of getting important paperwork completed. You'll do fine. I would just call the Consulate and verify what they are saying when they are referring to "vital statistics". That statement had me really baffled when I first read your post.

Good luck with calling the Philippine Consulate General Los Angeles. They don't answer their phones and they don't respond to emails. I've tried before in the past with no luck. Check out their Yelp for the numerous complaints. However, PCG San Francisco did answer my emails and I was able to get answers to general questions before going to Los Angeles.

Feb 24, 2014 We got married in the Philippines
Aug 12, 2014 Returned to USA after staying 6 months in the Philippines

Petition for my wife
USCIS
Sep 30, 2014 Mailed I-130 Pagkage @ Norco, CA
Oct 01, 2014 Received @ Phoenix, AZ Lockbox
Oct 06, 2014 USCIS E-notification
Oct 07, 2014 Check Cashed
Oct 09, 2014 NOA1 Received
Oct 30, 2014 NOA2 Received (Oct 26 Notice Date)

NVC
Nov 18, 2014 NVC Received Case
Dec 16, 2014 NVC Welcome Letter E-mail Received (Including Case Number & IIN)
Dec 16, 2014 DS-261 Submitted
Dec 17, 2014 Affidavit of Support Invoice Received
Dec 18, 2014 Affidavit of Support Invoice Paid
Dec 21, 2014 Mailed AOS and IV Package
Jan 14, 2015 Immigrant Visa Invoice Received
Jan 14, 2015 Immigrant Visa Invoice Paid
Jan 24, 2015 DS-260 Submitted
Mar 04, 2015 Case Complete
Mar 09, 2015 Interview Scheduled E-mail Received

US Embassy
Mar 20, 2015 Medical Exam
Mar 23, 2015 Medical Results Received
Apr 15, 2015 Interview - Visa Approved
Apr 18, 2015 Visa Delivered

USA
May 17, 2015 Point of Entry - Los Angeles
May 26, 2015 Social Security Card Received
Jun 23, 2015 Permanent Resident Card Received *** Removal of Conditions Apr 22, 2017 Mailed I-751 package from Norco, CA to California Service Center *** May 8, 2017 Check Cashed *** May 8, 2017 NOA Received

Petition for my step-son
USCIS Dec 30, 2015 Mailed I-130 package from Norco, CA *** Jan 04, 2016 Received @ Phoenix, AZ Lockbox *** Jan 06, 2016 USCIS E-notification *** Jan 07, 2016 Check Cashed *** Jan 11, 2016 NOA1 Received *** Feb 10, 2016 NOA2 Received (Feb 03 Notice Date) *** NVC Mar 05, 2016 NVC Welcome Letter Received (Including Case Number & IIN) *** Mar 17, 2016 DS-261 Submitted *** Apr 01, 2016 Immigrant Visa Invoice Received *** Apr 1, 2016 Affidavit of Support Invoice Paid *** Apr 01, 2016 Immigrant Visa Invoice Paid *** Jun 8, 2016 DS-260 Submitted *** Jun 11, 2016 Mailed AOS and IV Package *** Jul 22, 2016 Case Complete *** Aug 5, 2016 Interview Scheduled E-mail Received *** US Embassy Oct 17, 2016 Medical Exam *** Oct 19, 2016 Medical Results Received *** October 28, 2016 Interview *** Nov 3, 2016 Visa Delivered *** USA Mar 27, 2017 Point of Entry - Los Angeles *** Apr 21, 2017 Permanent Resident Card Received *** Apr 21, 2017 Social Security Card Requested (USCIS didn't process)

I surprisingly got a response from losangelespcg@earthlink.net. They answered my question then told me to email registry.pcgenla@gmail.com instead for further inquiries. The 2nd email never got back to me. You're right. They never answered calls / voicemails.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Philippine Consulate in LA responds via FB messenger.

Edited by apple21

• 1 month later...

Hi again. Sorry to bother you.

I just went to the LA Consulate today and I didn't accomplish anything.

I got all the forms signed, photocopies of everything, and still they didn't accept it.

I had a problem with ROM. They ask me for the Marriage License and I had that. But then again he asked me for a "Vital Statistics" from the court we got married at.

It was not on the requirement list and I told him that.

So now I have no choice but to wait for the Consular Outreach in Phoenix.

I just wanna ask, did you experience these when you and your wife did yours?

Thank you.

Hi Bare,

I'm reading your post because I'm also planning to renew my passport and ROM in LA. I'm sorry to hear about your experience and I hope you have successfully done this at this point in time.

I am baffled about the "vital statistics" they are asking because I do not have that too. Have you found out what is the exact document that they needed?

I double-checked all our requirements and I noticed the words "Certification of Vital Records" written at the top of our original Marriage Certificate. I'm thinking if that is what they were asking since you've mentioned you submitted a Marriage License? Our marriage certificate is from State of Nevada though..

Thank you for your time!

• 11 months later...
Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

ROM-related question... Will I get back my original copy of marriage certificate on the day I apply for ROM? TIA.

TeacherA

We sent a certified true copy that we got from the county when we had the marriage certificate recorded.

From the instructions for Report of Marriage (off the Philippine embassy website) :

BASIC REQUIREMENTS:

1. Four (4) original duly-accomplished Report of Marriage Contracted Abroad form, typed or printed legibly in black or blue ink, signed by both husband and wife. Wives should indicate their maiden name as the last name. If submitting by mail, the completed forms must be notarized.
  2. Covering letter (handwritten or typed), addressed to the Consular Section, indicating service/transaction requested and telephone number or email address for contact details
  3. One (1) original or certified true copy and four (4) photocopies of the Marriage Record (original will be returned)
  4. One (1) original or certified true copy and four (4) photocopies of the Marriage Certificate or Contract (original will be returned)
  5. Four (4) photocopies of a government-issued identification card or passport of both husband and wife
  6. Four (4) photocopies of Philippine birth certificate of Filipino spouse
  7. Self-addressed return envelope, with appropriate stamps for express or priority mail with tracking numbers via US Postal Service, or with pre-paid mailing envelope from private courier of choice, if Report of Marriage is to be mailed back.
  8. Processing fee of $25.00 (non-refundable), payable in cash or money order made payable to "Embassy of the Philippines" (or "Philippine Consulate General", if application is made at one of the Philippine Consulates General in the U.S.). Personal checks and credit cards are not accepted.
  9. For applicants residing in U.S. territories or other countries within the jurisdiction of the Philippine Embassy, applicants should enclose a treasurer’s, manager’s or certified check issued by a local bank that has a corresponding bank in the U.S. (the US National Bank Association is not a correspondent bank), payable to the courier of choice, in U.S. dollars, to cover cost of mailing, and a corresponding self-addressed courier’s address label. Personal checks are not accepted. For applicants who prefer to use Fedex, please make sure that the account number of the applicant/recipient is indicated in the airway bill as proof of payment.

Note: The Philippine Embassy/Consulate General assumes no responsibility for any delay or loss in the mail, or while the documents are in the custody of the courier service. The applicant should note the tracking numbers of all envelopes used and submitted.

http://www.philippinesusa.org/index.php?page=consular-services-main/faq-main/#marriage

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.