Ney126

Getting The K-1 Fiance(e) Package Ready

9 posts in this topic

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Am getting my package put together for I can send it out in 1 or 2 weeks but I need help. Can someone please help me and tell me what else I need to include in my package. I have the following in my package.

1) I-129f

2) Intent to marry letter from my fiancé and I

3) I-129f Question 34a explanation on how we met

4)Form G-325A for my fiancé and I

5)Form FC-029

6)Form G-1145

7) 10 color pictures of my fiancé and I

8) his and my birth certificate

I don't know if am still missing something else in this package. Thanks everyone for your help

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just glancing at this quickly...dont' forget the passport style photos of each of you. The instructions say to only attach one for each of you, but I've seen people send 2 for each person (not sure which is better or worse or if it actually matters). But definitely don't forget those.

Make sure the backs of the passport pictures have the corresponding name and date of birth written lightly in a felt tip marker or pencil.

Make sure each color photo you submitted of the two of you has names, date and location written on the back in a felt tip marker or pencil.

Definitely more substanstancial evidence of meeting needs to be submitted besides pictures (plane tickets, boarding passes, passport pages showing entry and exit stamps...etc.)

Off the top of my head, I can't think if you're missing anything else

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Am getting my package put together for I can send it out in 1 or 2 weeks but I need help. Can someone please help me and tell me what else I need to include in my package. I have the following in my package.

1) I-129f

5)Form FC-029

6)Form G-1145

I don't know if am still missing something else in this package. Thanks everyone for your help

Matt & Mish

:) 12/25/13 "Met" online (Instagram)

(L) 5/29/14 Became a couple

:wub: 2/4/15 First meeting in person (I spent almost 3 weeks in Brazil!)

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

6/27/15 Case received & case number assigned

6/30/15 Case shipped to Embassy in Rio

EMBASSY:

7/6/15 Case received by Embassy

7/20/15 Received "packet 3" email

9/18/15 Medical exam

9/29/15 Interview-APPROVED!!!

(F)"Every love story is beautiful; but ours is my favorite" (F)

Thank you so much. Yes I made copy of my entire passport and I also print out my plane tickets since 2009. Thank you so much because I didn't write the birth date on the passport pictures

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Awesome! Did you see the copy of the I129F cover letter on here? (I'm going to attach it so you can see it). It has basically everything you need to have (unless you have special circumstances that requires you to submit any other forms etc).

Also, as far as the evidence...I've read on here that plan tickets may not be enough...it proves that you went there and that he/she came here, but not that you were necessarily together. One thing I provided was a copy of bus tickets that we traveled on while I was in Brazil, because the tickets have our names printed on them and shows that we were together at the same time. You should be ok, but it doesn't hurt to add a little more evidence (in my opinion).

Thank you so much. Yes I made copy of my entire passport and I also print out my plane tickets since 2009. Thank you so much because I didn't write the birth date on the passport pictures

Cover_Letter_for_I-129F.doc

Matt & Mish

:) 12/25/13 "Met" online (Instagram)

(L) 5/29/14 Became a couple

:wub: 2/4/15 First meeting in person (I spent almost 3 weeks in Brazil!)

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

6/27/15 Case received & case number assigned

6/30/15 Case shipped to Embassy in Rio

EMBASSY:

7/6/15 Case received by Embassy

7/20/15 Received "packet 3" email

9/18/15 Medical exam

9/29/15 Interview-APPROVED!!!

(F)"Every love story is beautiful; but ours is my favorite" (F)

Good Afternoon Everyone,

1) I-129f

5)Form FC-029

6)Form G-1145

Well there's a few things.

You need to attach a cover letter. List what's in your application contents, and at the bottom before signing it include the statement ''Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documented and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an immigration or consular officer at a later date'' Why? Well, for one thing this statement takes care of needing FC-029 which is actually not in use anymore and not needed for this application to my knowledge.

You need a corresponding passport photo for you and your fiancé. Label whom they are on the back, place them in an individual baggy, and label the front of the baggy. Clip them to the corresponding G-325A(s).

No need for the beneficiary birth certificate to be included. Just the applicant.

You need to include proof of meeting/relationship. Photographs are good but are considered secondary evidence (make sure on the back you have the dates, persons, and locations). Things like passport stamps, boarding passes, corresponding receipts or ticket stubs of places you have visited together (that might match photographs).

Any other relevant or unique documents that may pertain to your case.

And finally the most important one. The check for $340, clipped to your I-129F.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, sorry to post and ask help from here, so worried.. how can we change an entry to I-129 F that has been approved just recently.. my fiance didn't wrote down my ex name but instead he write "single" as my status..my previous marriage was nulled and void due to bigamous marriage.. please help anyone.. thank you

Thank you so much. I think am almost done I will triple check everything before sending it out

Well there's a few things.

You need to attach a cover letter. List what's in your application contents, and at the bottom before signing it include the statement ''Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documented and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an immigration or consular officer at a later date'' Why? Well, for one thing this statement takes care of needing FC-029 which is actually not in use anymore and not needed for this application to my knowledge.

You need a corresponding passport photo for you and your fiancé. Label whom they are on the back, place them in an individual baggy, and label the front of the baggy. Clip them to the corresponding G-325A(s).

No need for the beneficiary birth certificate to be included. Just the applicant.

You need to include proof of meeting/relationship. Photographs are good but are considered secondary evidence (make sure on the back you have the dates, persons, and locations). Things like passport stamps, boarding passes, corresponding receipts or ticket stubs of places you have visited together (that might match photographs).

Any other relevant or unique documents that may pertain to your case.

And finally the most important one. The check for $340, clipped to your I-129F.

Hi, am not sure how can you fix it, but for my understanding you could try and call the USCIS to see what they can tell you.

Hi, sorry to post and ask help from here, so worried.. how can we change an entry to I-129 F that has been approved just recently.. my fiance didn't wrote down my ex name but instead he write "single" as my status..my previous marriage was nulled and void due to bigamous marriage.. please help anyone.. thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.