JM&JM

Texas Service Center -K1

39 posts in this topic

The service centers don't always line up FYI. They -should- but they don't. I live in Texas, I filed while in Texas, I still live in Texas, my petition for K1 visa was sent to California, WAC.

The Texas center is incredibly backed up, from the looks at it, people are still waiting over a year for their NOA2.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The service centers don't always line up FYI. They -should- but they don't. I live in Texas, I filed while in Texas, I still live in Texas, my petition for K1 visa was sent to California, WAC.

The Texas center is incredibly backed up, from the looks at it, people are still waiting over a year for their NOA2.

Everything since about Mar 17th has been going to Cal.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

All new petitions go to CSC since the end of March and very few people wait over a year for a NOA2. The average is around 200 days right now.

Timeline

I made a suggestion awhile back that for timelines you should have to type in the first three characters of your receipt number and the site would interpret which center that was. I thought it would be useful for trackng purposes rather than the dropdown we use now and people mistakenly put TSC far too many times. It didn't gain any traction, but whatever.

Timeline

The last thing I would be doing is calling USCIS.,.,.,unless, I did not have NOA 2 by the projected date on the web sit.,,.as they always said to us, "we are within the time frame for K-1 visas".,

we were at the VSC, and took 186, days, so no "walk in the park" for us. But the one poster at 235, my heart goes out to.

Best of luck to all, still waiting, I would love to see.,.a bunch of petitions get approved, very soon.,.,and I hope all post, to lift others spirits.

Welcome to the forum.

Luck of the draw for you, as of March 27th all cases go TSC, irrespective of where the petitioner lives. Supposedly this is to ease backlog - however, those of us stuck in TSC hell have not seen any improvement, approval times are sitting at 7.5 - 8 monnths.

K1 time line

I-129F sent: 12/23/2014
NOA-1: 12/29/2014
NOA-2: 06/05/2015 (158 days)
NOA-2 hardcopy: 06/11/2015 (6 days post NOA-2, 164 days total)
Sent to NVC: 06/16/2015 (11 days post NOA-2, 169 days total)
NVC receive: 06/25/2015 (20 days post NOA-2, 178 days total)
NVC case no: 06/30/2015 (25 days post NOA-2, 183 days total)
NVC left: 07/02/2015 (27 days post NOA-2, 185 days total)
Case Ready: 07/07/2015 (32 days post NOA-2, 190 days total)
submitted DS-160, paid visa fee.: 07/21/2015 (46 days post NOA-2, 204 days total)
Packet 3 sent: 07/25/2015 (50 days post NOA-2, 209 days total)
Pack 4 received: 07/30/2015 (55 days post NOA-2, 214 days total)
Medical: 09/17/2015 Interview: 09/23/2015 (108 days post NOA-2, 268 days total)
Interview Result: Approved Administrative Processing: 09/23/2015
CEAC Status Issued: 09/24/2015
Visa in hand: 09/28/2015
POE: 12/29/2015 Wedding: 01/11/2016

AOS Time Line

AOS package mailed: 01/13/2016
AOS package received: 01/20/2016 (day 1)
AOS NOA-1 text/email: 01/23/2016 (day 3), actual NOA-1 date 01/22/2016 (day 2)
AOS Fingerprint fee received: 01/22/2016 (day 2)
AOS check cashed: 01-25-2016 (day 5) Got 6 month NJ driver's license: 01-25-2016
3x NOA-1 hardcopies: 02/03/2016 (day 14)

Biometrics letter: 02/05/2016 (day 16) Biometrics appt (Elizabeth, NJ): 02/17/2016 (day 28)

EAD and AP approved email/txt: 03/29/2016 (day 67)

GC approval email/text: 04/04/2016 (day 74)

I-797 for I-765/I-131 in mail: 04/04/2016 (day 74)

EAD/AP delivered: 04/05/216 (day 75)

GC card being mailed status update: 04/07/16 (day 77)

GC received: 04/11/16 (day 84 post AOS NOA-1)

DONE WITH USCIS FOR 21 MONTHS!

ROC Window opens: 01/04/2018

ROC Time Line
ROC package mailed to Vermont 01/04/2018
ROC package received at Vermont 01/08/2018 (day 0)
Check cashed: 01/16/2018 (day 8 )
NOA-1 date: 01/09/2018 (day 1)
NOA-1 received: 01/16/2018 (day 8 )
Biometrics notice received: 02/09/2018 (day 32)
Biometrics appointment: 02/23/2018 (day 46)
Received 18-month extension letter: 08/13/2018 (day 209)
ROC Approved: 03/09/2019 (day 425)
Card Received: 03/16/2019  (day 432)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Thank you all for the reply

it's very Discouraging all of what happening there i wonder sometimes is there someone in the government that cares that behind this potion and that papers there are 2 people with feelings waiting that love each other and waiting lots of months to see each other again .

I'm VERY HAPPY for all of those people that get approve in 3 weeks or max in 1 month in cali service center !!!!

right now were waiting 194 days , and it cloud take till 8 months and there is noting we all can do cuz if you call your sanitor or uscis they are working on potion from the 23 august (thats ridiculous "last update in 28 feb ") so they back up there a**es so we can't claim anything !!!

i hope for all of us to get approve soon and for all of those that they didn't get to the over HAPPY six months waiting to not get there .

כRidiculous
רןג
Ridiculous
Ridiculous
Ridiculous
Ridiculous

Timeline

Thank you all for the reply

it's very Discouraging all of what happening there i wonder sometimes is there someone in the government that cares that behind this potion and that papers there are 2 people with feelings waiting that love each other and waiting lots of months to see each other again .

I'm VERY HAPPY for all of those people that get approve in 3 weeks or max in 1 month in cali service center !!!!

right now were waiting 194 days , and it cloud take till 8 months and there is noting we all can do cuz if you call your sanitor or uscis they are working on potion from the 23 august (thats ridiculous "last update in 28 feb ") so they back up there a**es so we can't claim anything !!!

i hope for all of us to get approve soon and for all of those that they didn't get to the over HAPPY six months waiting to not get there .

כRidiculous
רןג
Ridiculous
Ridiculous
Ridiculous
Ridiculous

Well if they didn't care they wouldn't allow the process at all and no one could ever get visas. The system isn't perfect but that doesn't mean they don't care. I care about my kids and family, but I still makes mistakes and am far from perfect in dealing with them. Plus it's not two people they are dealing with ...it's literally millions.

196 days here and still waiting.

Its an absolute joke that the way they choose to deal with this is send new applications to Cali. Surely they should send some of the oldest ones from Texas to Cali. At least then there would be some sort of semblance of equality.

Its not rocket science.

As it is we would have been better not applying in October and applying in March instead.

What happens if you reapply a 2nd time?

Edited by AnnoyedAtTSC

Timeline
AnnoyedAtTSC

Posted Today, 07:36 PM

Its an absolute joke that the way they choose to deal with this is send new applications to Cali. Surely they should send some of the oldest ones from Texas to Cali. At least then there would be some sort of semblance of equality.

Its not rocket science.

As it is we would have been better not applying in October and applying in March instead.

I agree with u !!! that's why i said that no one care !! when some same citizen with same rights one of them get what he need from the government In less than 1 month and other one need to wait 6-8 months !

My fiance moved out to cali 2 weeks ago we spoke about the fact that if we cancel the potion and file it again in cali we well get approve before of Texas service center is gonna think to open our case to review that sit there inside a drawer for 6 months and 2 weeks .

but were not gonna do it .

Drawer

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

TSC finally updated there processing time to sept 18, 2014 ... thank god i got to put in an inquiry!!!!!! It's been 240 days with no approval !!!

Edited by vickie1974

VICKIE IAN

Flag-Pins-USA-Northern-Ireland.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

My heart is breaking for you, Vickie! I'm so sorry you've been waiting so long! But, I'm so happy they updated the info for the TSC and looks like they are FINALLY making some (small) progress. I really hope for you and the rest of everyone at the TSC that things move along faster from here on out!

The VSC updated theirs also. Last time I checked a few days ago, they were still in 2014, now their processing time says 5 months! So hopefully the same happens for TSC asap!

TSC finally updated there processing time to sept 18, 2014 ... thank god i got to put in an inquiry!!!!!! It's been 240 days with no approval !!!

Matt & Mish

:) 12/25/13 "Met" online (Instagram)

(L) 5/29/14 Became a couple

:wub: 2/4/15 First meeting in person (I spent almost 3 weeks in Brazil!)

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

6/27/15 Case received & case number assigned

6/30/15 Case shipped to Embassy in Rio

EMBASSY:

7/6/15 Case received by Embassy

7/20/15 Received "packet 3" email

9/18/15 Medical exam

9/29/15 Interview-APPROVED!!!

(F)"Every love story is beautiful; but ours is my favorite" (F)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi! I couldn't agree with you more. I know I am one of the lucky ones who got routed to CSC (which I had absolutely NO idea that was gonna happen. I live in Connecticut, so I thought for sure I was going to VSC which was still backed up to 2014 at the time). As grateful as I am for that...my first reaction when I was talking to my friend about it was "Even though I'm grateful...I wholeheartedly believe that they should have taken the older applications from the other service centers, and transferred them to CSC for processing." That would have made the most sense.

My heart really goes out to all of you who are dealing with this wait. As I said in another post below, VSC updated theirs from 2014 to 5 months, so I'm crossing my fingers that TSC has the same luck ASAP!

Best of luck to you all!

Its not rocket science.

Matt & Mish

:) 12/25/13 "Met" online (Instagram)

(L) 5/29/14 Became a couple

:wub: 2/4/15 First meeting in person (I spent almost 3 weeks in Brazil!)

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

6/27/15 Case received & case number assigned

6/30/15 Case shipped to Embassy in Rio

EMBASSY:

7/6/15 Case received by Embassy

7/20/15 Received "packet 3" email

9/18/15 Medical exam

9/29/15 Interview-APPROVED!!!

(F)"Every love story is beautiful; but ours is my favorite" (F)

Timeline

Yea that's good new from texas service center hope we all we be approve soon as possible !

vickie1974

That's weird that you didint approve yet !

Did you got any RFE ?

The last time i read about cases that got that much of time is in"HIT" cases

Please update us SOOON !!!when you got approve !

I actually just got a mail. Alas it was an RFE. Not sure what it could be as just gone through the USCIS instructions 3 time . Probably something ambiguously said, its not a great document.

I was 24th Oct BTW. Having said that though our local congressman did say he was gonna attempt expedition again last week but I don't know if that had an effect

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.