xxbancheexx

h-b2 Visa In russia - friend says they need 2560.00 at customs?

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I agree, thank you everyone for your input! Sure wish I found this site prior. Very sad, not the money part, sure money is money….but it is only money – if that makes sense! Just 5 months of wasted time and energy. I was thinking about reporting this to the Ministry that overlooks these crimes in Russia, for the simple fact of hoping to stop them from scamming someone else! 30 -40% success rate in catching these people….Better off hoping for a $100.00 bill in a cracker-jack box! Sucks, but life moves on. Thank you again to all. That document threw me for a loop.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

simple fact of hoping to stop them from scamming someone else!

Don't worry, it's nature's way. Pretty girls batt their eyelashes, send nice photos and ask guys for money and they send it.

The two are made for each other. Don't let it happen again.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

What is the gist of what it says?

It talks about the rules for citizens of the Russian Federation to exit via an international airport. It talks about the liquid restriction of 100 ml, documents needed like passport and visas. The tax or fee you will pay if extra services are required to process your departure. Showing you can afford to be outside the Russian Federation by showing $16.17 per day for 183 days or a total of $2560. Sounds reasonable doesn't it?

Dave

Dave-

That is how I felt about this too!...She has a 6 months Visa, like to stay in America for the summer, however you work allowed her to take full 5-6months back in Russia. Hence, needing the 2560.00 for full amount. She has paid her own way to travel and airline tickets. She has paid her own Visa. Her family and what she has saved for a long time, made these purchases is what she is explaining to me. Cusotms 2560.00 or $16.14 per day, threw her for a loop....excluding me. She contact me again today. I have offered to fly to Moscow and meet her, walk her through customs with the 2560.00USD. However at this point I have asked her to forward me a copy of her passport and visa. If she can not or will not do this; then saddly I will walk away.

Timeline

Dave-

That is how I felt about this too!...She has a 6 months Visa, like to stay in America for the summer, however you work allowed her to take full 5-6months back in Russia. Hence, needing the 2560.00 for full amount. She has paid her own way to travel and airline tickets. She has paid her own Visa. Her family and what she has saved for a long time, made these purchases is what she is explaining to me. Cusotms 2560.00 or $16.14 per day, threw her for a loop....excluding me. She contact me again today. I have offered to fly to Moscow and meet her, walk her through customs with the 2560.00USD. However at this point I have asked her to forward me a copy of her passport and visa. If she can not or will not do this; then saddly I will walk away.

Still whipped on this girl (guy)?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It talks about the rules for citizens of the Russian Federation to exit via an international airport. It talks about the liquid restriction of 100 ml, documents needed like passport and visas. The tax or fee you will pay if extra services are required to process your departure. Showing you can afford to be outside the Russian Federation by showing $16.17 per day for 183 days or a total of $2560. Sounds reasonable doesn't it?

Dave

It does

How much was he/she bringing.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Dave-

Yeah, my first FSU girl sent me a scan of her pp too. It was a well done fake, but a fake nonetheless. The document she sent is likely a fake as well. If anyone demanded to see proof of funds it would be the USA, not russia.

I sniffed the scam out and after I got off the floor and could control the laughter (after the desperate plea for money came) I started looked in earnest at FSU women. Now I'm married to the finest woman a man could ever hope for who is enthusiastically in love with me and pampers me like a champion race horse.

Forget this scammer and now that your interest has been piqued, head over to russianmeetingplace(dot)com, join the forum and learn how to spot a scammer and WHERE to look for a good girl in the FSU. I'm Buckeye5704 there and an admin so I can "open the gate" for ya.

За Жезни С Смехом

I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Still whipped on this girl (guy)?

Baron....not whipped...looking to find the truth. It is clear from your point of view this cannot be done. I respectfully disagree. Even if 30-40% of these cases get solved and an arrest is never made. It is worth reporting, just the simple fact of a small possibility that this person can reap their owe fields and other people do not have to deal with this kind of disappointment. I have requested her to forward me all documents. I have company on standby that can verify this to be fake or not within 1-3 days. If this is a fake, then this person or person will be reported the correct authorities and complaint will be made....It’s something. If and I mean if…and of course this is a small % this person is who they say they all this time. Then to me, it’s worth going the extra mile, whichever way the coin lands here. I came to this site to network, not to be disrespected..So Whipped….No…..

Yeah, my first FSU girl sent me a scan of her pp too. It was a well done fake, but a fake nonetheless. The document she sent is likely a fake as well. If anyone demanded to see proof of funds it would be the USA, not russia.

I sniffed the scam out and after I got off the floor and could control the laughter (after the desperate plea for money came) I started looked in earnest at FSU women. Now I'm married to the finest woman a man could ever hope for who is enthusiastically in love with me and pampers me like a champion race horse.

Forget this scammer and now that your interest has been piqued, head over to russianmeetingplace(dot)com, join the forum and learn how to spot a scammer and WHERE to look for a good girl in the FSU. I'm Buckeye5704 there and an admin so I can "open the gate" for ya.

I am assuming it will be a fake. Just need the ID number; the rest is irrelevant for the most part from my understanding. Good to hear you were not blindsided and you found your wife! Thank you for the heads up of site, another networking tool and information. If I decide to take part in this website, I will most definitely make contact with you. Thank you

It does

How much was he/she bringing.

Timeline

Baron....not whipped...looking to find the truth. It is clear from your point of view this cannot be done. I respectfully disagree.

Are you looking for a real wife or just revenge. I wouldn't waste my time. If you sent +$2000 dollars to a woman you never met in person, well, what can I say. You aren't the only one.

Even if 30-40% of these cases get solved and an arrest is never made. It is worth reporting,

What crime was committed? She/he asked you for money and you sent it.

I came to this site to network, not to be disrespected..So Whipped….No…..

Sri if you are offended but you've been taken. What did WC say?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I guess this is one of those 30-40% of cases that get solved, you now know it a scam.

Arrest? Does that happen?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I guess this is one of those 30-40% of cases that get solved, you now know it a scam.

Arrest? Does that happen?

Maybe Congratulations !

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Well don't feel bad about the waste of time. There was one poor sucker who made the papers who fell for similar scams three times sending around $ 20,000.00 and going to the airport three times with flowers in hand only be see that she never arrived.

I have heard of this scam hundreds of times. The only good side is that it often gets men interested in Russian women and they go on to more reputable sites and find a real woman and live happily ever after.

There absolutely is no requirement to have any set amount of money to leave the country. Sometimes they do ask you to show your money but only to make sure you have no more than 5 grand which is the limit you are allowed to take out of the country. I have brought girls over from Russia and know what I am talking about.

Usually once you send that amount there is a last minute emergency and you need to send more. Have you talked to her on Skype? There is a good chance she isn't even a woman and if she is it could be a 350 pound 50 year old woman with a good voice. The photos are most likely stolen or a model. Have you done a photo search?

This is a really common scam. Most often it starts on Match.com but it can happen from other sites.

Find a good way to meet Russian women and there are lots of ways and find a real woman.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.