xxbancheexx

h-b2 Visa In russia - friend says they need 2560.00 at customs?

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi-

Any help would be greatly appreciated here. I have a friend who is coming to America to study music over the summer. She is a Music teacher back in Russia. She received her Visa and travel agency help booked her flight. However, when she reached the customs area in Moscow International Airport. She was asked to present 2560.00USD to show she is able to return Russia on her own. This is a woman that makes about 170.00USD monthly! She has asked for my help, since we have been talking about music and places she can visit to get insight to modern and classical music here in America. She sent me this document. However I do not read Russian, though I do see where it list the 2560.00USD. Can anyone liberate on this or point me in the right direction on how real this is and why Russian Customs is asking to show money. I have travel a lot, but never had to show money to any customs. Thank you to any and all that can assist me in finding answers. Thank you!

post-208574-0-27863300-1430960761_thumb.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Did you make contact on a dating site?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

THIS IS A FRAUD !!!!!!!!!! MY WIFE IS RUSSIAN AND CHECKED IT OUT ON RUSSIAN GOV. SITE. TOTAL FRAUD !!!!!

Edited by Paul and Svetlana

Timeline

He means B2 and I would not be surprised if he is not out for some imaginary air line tickets.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to the Regional forum as it's more suitable to help with translations and other areas more specific to the OP~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Timeline

Yeah I was afraid this maybe a fraud, a well thought out one at best! I have been speaking with this person for over 5 months now. I am trying to hire company out of TX, USA who specializes in Russian/Ukraine scams to double check. I have requested this person to send/email me copy of Visa B2 (sorry typo, not a Visa h-b2), passport and copy of current receipts of your travel to Moscow. I plan on calling USA Embassy in Russia this morning to double check more information. A friend of mine encourage I check VisaJourney out first. She said this help her battle a two Visa and marry the man she loved her in the states. Anymore feedback is welcomed. I will also check out Regional forums as well. My sincere, Thank you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi-

Any help would be greatly appreciated here. I have a friend who is coming to America to study music over the summer. She is a Music teacher back in Russia. She received her Visa and travel agency help booked her flight. However, when she reached the customs area in Moscow International Airport. She was asked to present 2560.00USD to show she is able to return Russia on her own.

No they didn't. This is a total scam.

This is a woman that makes about 170.00USD monthly! She has asked for my help

This is a classical scam.

, since we have been talking about music and places she can visit to get insight to modern and classical music here in America. She sent me this document. However I do not read Russian, though I do see where it list the 2560.00USD. Can anyone liberate on this or point me in the right direction on how real this is and why Russian Customs is asking to show money. I have travel a lot, but never had to show money to any customs.

Because you don't. It is a scam.

Thank you to any and all that can assist me in finding answers. Thank you!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Complete fraud. Here are the rules from Russian government site (in Russian) regarding Russian citizens leaving Russia:

http://www.fms.gov.ru/documentation/860/details/50440/3/

There's nothing in there about having any money. They don't care how you will pay for your stay abroad.

1/4/13 - I129-F Sent | 1/8/13 - Received by USCIS
1/10/13 - NOA1 to VSC | 1/11/13 - Text/Email | 1/17/13 - Hard Copy Received
1/16/13 - Alien Registration Number changed
5/24/13 or 5/29/13 - Case Transferred to TSC
7/2/13 - NOA2 from TSC! (173 days from NOA1) | 7/6/13 - Hard Copy Received
7/18/13 - Shipped to NVC | 7/26/13 - Received at NVC and case number assigned
7/29/13 - In transit to consulate | 7/31/13 - Received by consulate
8/20/13 - Medical - Passed | 8/21/13 - Interview - Approved!
8/28/13 - Passport with visa ready to pickup from courier
10/17/13 - POE - JFK
10/28/13 - Applied for SSN and marriage license | 11/2/13 - SS card received
11/21/13 - Wedding

12/30/13 - I485/I765/I131 Sent | 1/2/14 - Received by USCIS
1/3/14 - NOA1 to NBC | 1/16/14 - Hard Copy Received
2/4/14 - Biometrics
3/7/14 - AP and EAD approved!
3/11/14 - AP/EAD card mailed | 3/14/14 - Received
4/10/14 - Interview Waiver letter
6/16/14 - Approved! | 6/21/14 - GC Received

5/2/16 - I-751 Sent | 5/5/16 - Received by USCIS
5/6/16 - NOA1 to VSC
6/14/16 - Biometrics

4/19/17 - Approved! | 4/22/17 - Letter received | 5/4/17 - GC Received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Yeah I was afraid this maybe a fraud, a well thought out one at best!

Naw, it's very typical. You are most likely not the only man she(he) is playing.....they can make a nice annual sum with this technique.

I have been speaking with this person for over 5 months now.

And now stop.

I am trying to hire company out of TX, USA who specializes in Russian/Ukraine scams to double check.

Why bother?

I have requested this person to send/email me copy of Visa B2 (sorry typo, not a Visa h-b2), passport and copy of current receipts of your travel to Moscow.

You won't receive anything because there is nothing to send.

I plan on calling USA Embassy in Russia this morning to double check more information.

There's nothing they can do. Why bother?

A friend of mine encourage I check VisaJourney out first. She said this help her battle a two Visa and marry the man she loved her in the states. Anymore feedback is welcomed.

Move on. This is a typical scam and nothing good can be had out of it. There's plenty of real women out there.

NEVER, EVER send money to anyone you have never met in person.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Let it go, you are not going to get your money back

Hi-

Any help would be greatly appreciated here. I have a friend who is coming to America to study music over the summer. She is a Music teacher back in Russia. She received her Visa and travel agency help booked her flight. However, when she reached the customs area in Moscow International Airport. She was asked to present 2560.00USD to show she is able to return Russia on her own. This is a woman that makes about 170.00USD monthly! She has asked for my help, since we have been talking about music and places she can visit to get insight to modern and classical music here in America. She sent me this document. However I do not read Russian, though I do see where it list the 2560.00USD. Can anyone liberate on this or point me in the right direction on how real this is and why Russian Customs is asking to show money. I have travel a lot, but never had to show money to any customs. Thank you to any and all that can assist me in finding answers. Thank you!

I do not know of any country that requires money to LEAVE. The country of intending travel may require proof of being able to pay for the trip, but that happens before the visa is issued. So if she only makes $170 per month how did she 1)apply for the visa in the first place, 2) show the US Embassy she could afford to make the trip, 3) pay for her travel to Moscow, and 4) purchase her airline tickets to come to tthe US? The document she sent does state a daily amount of $16.17 per day so for a six month stay they wanted to see the $2560, but she was only staying over the summer which is 3 months so the total amount would be half or $1280. Was the offical stamp on the document blue? I would demand that the document be scanned in color to see if she went to the detail of using a blue stamp--as blue is the only color recognized as an offical stamp I also find it interesting that she waited until she got to the airport in Moscow beore springing this. Now I bet she needs another airline ticket or at least a few hundred dollars to change the flight after receiving the money for "Russian Customs".

She is scamming you. Lick your wounds. Learn from this experience and move on.

Dave

Edited by Dave&Roza

Timeline

What is the gist of what it says?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.