Hotter Otter

Anecdotes from America

53 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sarf?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Sarf?

Sarf Laaaahndun innit!

August 2000: We start e-mailing. I'm in Bosnia, she's in Florida

October 29th 2000: She sends me e-mail asking if I would marry her

October 29th 2000(5 seconds later): I say yes

November 2000: She sends me tickets to Orlando for when I get back

December 6th 2000: Return from Bos

December 11th 2000: Fly to Orlando, she meets me at airport

December 22nd 2000: I fly back to UK

January 3rd 2001: She flies to UK (Good times)

Mid February 2001: Pregnancy test Positive

Mid February 2001: She flies back to US

March 2001: Miscarriage, I fly to US on first flight I can get

May 2001: I leave US before my 90 days are up

June 2001: I fly back to US, stopped at airport for questioning as I had only just left

September 2001: Pregnancy test Positive again

September 2001: She falls sick, I make decision to stay to look after her as I am afraid I may have problems getting back in.

April 16th 2002: Our son is born, we start getting stuff together for his passport

March 6th 2003: We leave US for UK as family

Early April 2003: Family troubles make her return to US, I ask Embassy in London about possibilities of returning to US

April 16th 2003: London Embassy informs me that I will be banned from the Visa Waiver Program for 10 years, my little boys first birthday

June 13th 2006: I-129f sent

August 11th 2006: NOA1 Recieved

After our relationship breaks down she admits to me that she had never bothered to start the application process

It's pronounced saaaaf ;)

ROC Timeline

Service Center: California

90 Day Window Opened.....08/03/17

I-751 Packet Sent................08/04/17

NOA Dated...........................08/07/17

NOA Received......................08/09/17

Check Cashed......................08/09/17

Biometrics Letter Rcvd........08/26/17

Biometrics Appointment......09/07/17

Approval................................08/05/19

Naturalization Timeline

Field Office: Santa Ana, CA

90 Day Window Opened.......08/03/18

N-400 Filed (Online)..............08/03/18

Receipt Notice.......................08/03/18

Biometrics Letter Rcvd..........08/20/18

Biometrics Appointment.......09/07/18

Interview Letter Dated...........07/01/19

Interview Letter Rcvd............07/08/19

Interview................................08/05/19

Approval................................08/05/19

Oath.......................................08/22/19

Why change the way you speak?

As to not have to repeat myself and correct what I have to say a second or even third time.

To prevent being corrected in my pronunciation of things. Even if it is done in a joking way or done with a smile, it gets to become a pain.

Thank you, goodnight and may your gods go with you",

Dave Allen.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

As to not have to repeat myself and correct what I have to say a second or even third time.

To prevent being corrected in my pronunciation of things. Even if it is done in a joking way or done with a smile, it gets to become a pain.

I always just took it as me being the one with correct pronunciation and speech, and the colonials being the ones in need of correction!

August 2000: We start e-mailing. I'm in Bosnia, she's in Florida

October 29th 2000: She sends me e-mail asking if I would marry her

October 29th 2000(5 seconds later): I say yes

November 2000: She sends me tickets to Orlando for when I get back

December 6th 2000: Return from Bos

December 11th 2000: Fly to Orlando, she meets me at airport

December 22nd 2000: I fly back to UK

January 3rd 2001: She flies to UK (Good times)

Mid February 2001: Pregnancy test Positive

Mid February 2001: She flies back to US

March 2001: Miscarriage, I fly to US on first flight I can get

May 2001: I leave US before my 90 days are up

June 2001: I fly back to US, stopped at airport for questioning as I had only just left

September 2001: Pregnancy test Positive again

September 2001: She falls sick, I make decision to stay to look after her as I am afraid I may have problems getting back in.

April 16th 2002: Our son is born, we start getting stuff together for his passport

March 6th 2003: We leave US for UK as family

Early April 2003: Family troubles make her return to US, I ask Embassy in London about possibilities of returning to US

April 16th 2003: London Embassy informs me that I will be banned from the Visa Waiver Program for 10 years, my little boys first birthday

June 13th 2006: I-129f sent

August 11th 2006: NOA1 Recieved

After our relationship breaks down she admits to me that she had never bothered to start the application process

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

To be honest I have developed an interesting speech problem. Talking to people and co workers, I will start a sentence and about two thirds of the way through it I completely lock up and am unable to complete it because I am always internally auditing what I am saying. Making sure I dont use slang or correcting pronunciation. They end finishing what I am saying. It is very depressing. I really think I have developed a real mental block.

I do the same or people just don't understand me or they jokingly make fun of what I say. Can't even go buy a bottle of water from a shop without having to tell my life story.

Submitted k1 visa petition - January 20th,2013NOA1 - February 2nd 2013NOA2 - June 20th 2013Medical - August 14th 2013<p>Interview - October 4th
Moved to California January 8th smile.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Anyone celebrating July 4 ironically? I'm tempted to wear my Captain America t-shirt. :dancing:

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Anyone celebrating July 4 ironically? I'm tempted to wear my Captain America t-shirt. :dancing:

As a little rebellion I was thinking of making a flag based on the star spangled banner but replacing the fifty stars with the Union flag. I keep telling my co workers the stars are a place holder for the Union flag anyway. And once they get over their little experiment of running their own country, the UK will be more than happy to have its wayward child back, Humour goes right over their heads.

But as I hopefully will soon to be a freshly minted ,new car smelling citizen of this fine country, it might not be in good taste or advisable.

Please be aware, this is an attempt at humour and I am not trying to offend anyone.

Edited by 2ndMessiah

Thank you, goodnight and may your gods go with you",

Dave Allen.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.