vAnDaLs

B1/B2 visa

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello all,

I'm a Syrian citizen living in Istanbul and I have a student visa in Turkey.

I want to visit the states for couple of weeks or so (less or more)

I have the following advatages (that may increse my chances to get the visa?):

1- A very good company in DC woud send a letter (or any) of complete sponsorship of my trip and expenses while in the US

2- I live and work in Turkey with a US citizen (no official papers of that). And that person will travel with me to US.

3- The American person would give me a document signed and affirmed by him that I could use his bank account money (In Turkey) and that he's handling all my expenses while in Turkey. And We're living in a very good place.

4- I have a degree in engineering (informatics).

What are my chances to get the visa, is there any official form or document that the company should fill or what the company should do in order to send me a sponsership document that would be recognized by the US consulate in Istanbul during the interview. What is the best way to convince them that my American friend in Istanbul is handling all my stuff and I could use his bank account and I really do that, so I will return to Turkey.

I'll appreciate your help so much.

Best,

For a B1/B2 visa the biggest question is - Do you intend to return home? Strong ties to home are your best chance.

I'm have a visa in Turkey, and I'm going to return, but I don't have a high amount in bank but I told you that my American friend in Turkey would sign or file any kind of paper that I could use his money in Turkey, this is my tie in Turkey.

What about the company sponsorship, will it play any role in the acceptance of the visa ?.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Your evidence could go both ways-

The company would need to outline why they are inviting you and what you will do there, because otherwise the embassy may think you will be working for them illegally.

The friend could be seen as a hinderance because if it is more than a friend, you may get married and try to stay illegally in the USA with him.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Your evidence could go both ways-

The company would need to outline why they are inviting you and what you will do there, because otherwise the embassy may think you will be working for them illegally.

The friend could be seen as a hinderance because if it is more than a friend, you may get married and try to stay illegally in the USA with him.

I apologize, by mistake I wrote him, actually she's a (woman) not a man, sorry for that, and I'm a (male).

There no way we would get married, she's 55 years old and I'm 28, I'm just her assistance, and there is NO sexual relationship whatsoever.

-If her travling with me would weaken my chances, she's not gonna do that, woud it ?.

-Also there is no way I'm doing any paid job with them, what's your advice about this outline?, is there any official form for it to be filled?, if not, what kind of attesting this document of sponsorship must go through to be approved by the consulate as authentic ?

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Part of the problem is that Syrians can not claim Asylum in Turkey but can in the US, so it is going to be a BIG ask to get any type of non immigrant visa but the only way of finding out is to try.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Part of the problem is that Syrians can not claim Asylum in Turkey but can in the US, so it is going to be a BIG ask to get any type of non immigrant visa but the only way of finding out is to try.

You're 100% right, and I'm going to try.

Let my chances aside, regarding the letter the company will send me, I need to know what exactly should be written in it and how to make it authentic so the consulate would accept it.

Additionally, regarding the letter the American citizen in Turkey will right, what should be written in it and what is the best way to make it authentic. As I said I could use her bank account cuz I'm organising everything for her in Turkey.

Timeline

That age difference is not abnormal in MENA countries btw.

Age as they say is just a number.

You should focus on why you would not wish to stay in the US, a Tourist Visa can not be sponsored and somebody else paying weakens the application.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

That age difference is not abnormal in MENA countries btw.

Age as they say is just a number.

You should focus on why you would not wish to stay in the US, a Tourist Visa can not be sponsored and somebody else paying weakens the application.

What do you mean by age is seen just as a number ? what do you suggest ?

I don't have high amount of money in Turkey and I just have student visa.

What's your advice

Thanks

Filed: Timeline

All these documents you want to show from your 'friend' and this 'company' in DC are only going to speed up the denial.

You need to show things that mean you have to return to Turkey, such as education, job, rent, family, bills etc.

If you can't afford the trip yourself then you really should wait until you can.

Timeline

Just saying that there are many relationships on this site with that sort of age gap so the Consulate would certainly not rule it out.

My advice as always is to apply, nobody on here will be judging it, as you obviously realise you have a very weak case, let us know what happens.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Its not about who is coming with you, vouches for you, and writes letters for you..,.,.

IT is all about,""what will take you back to your home country?" Job, land owner, BIG bank account in your country.,,.,.,,.all this is needed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

There is no sponsorship involved with a tourist visa, you must apply and be approved on your merits, and your merits alone. Period. End of story You need to prove SIGNIFICANT ties to Turkey especially because the consulate will consider you at high risk for trying to claim asylum. Look at it through the eyes of the consulate officer, you are a poor Syrian college student living in Turkey with no way to support yourself in the US, and you have no real or convincing ties to Turkey, and coming here for business, paid or not is not the purpose of a tourist visa. Also, just because your friend is 55 and you are 28 doesn't mean a thing, I am 21 years older than my husband, age isn't going to convince a CO that there is no romantic relationship. The consulate wants to know that you will absolutely return back to Turkey and looking at it through their eyes they will see more reasons for you NOT to go back. The only thing you can do is apply and see of you are approved, but don't be surprised if you are denied. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.