Mohmedraza

I filed for my Sister's F4 who she is already in USA with me (I am citizen) - NEED HELP Desperately!

27 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

All,

I desperately need your help. Situation is little crazy but I am sure some of you have information which could help me and my sister. So here is the story:

My sister and her family landed in USA on H1B visa in 2005. Their visa expired in 2007 and they became illegal. In 2009, I became US citizen and first thing I did is that I filed for my sister F4. She is been living with me ever since (in Atlanta, GA). Her file was in California Service Center, however, since December 2014 the status shows that "File has been transferred to your local office".

I have no idea what all this means or what to do next?

Does anyone have any idea how long it should take for her file to OPEN?

What would be the next step?

Please please help us!!

Thank you!

Filed: Timeline

All,

I desperately need your help. Situation is little crazy but I am sure some of you have information which could help me and my sister. So here is the story:

My sister and her family landed in USA on H1B visa in 2005. Their visa expired in 2007 and they became illegal. In 2009, I became US citizen and first thing I did is that I filed for my sister F4. She is been living with me ever since (in Atlanta, GA). Her file was in California Service Center, however, since December 2014 the status shows that "File has been transferred to your local office".

Please please help us!!

Thank you!

They are processing those with priority date in 2002 so 7 more years of wait. But there might be some complexities for AOS after Visa overstay.May want to talk to a lawyer about the specifics.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Why does her F4 matter.

Presumably they want to have a chat with her about her status.

They are processing those with priority date in 2002 so 7 more years of wait. But there might be some complexities for AOS after Visa overstay.May want to talk to a lawyer about the specifics.

Not possible.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I suppose there is no waiver for overstay in the case of brothers/sisters of US citizen, since they are not considered immediate relative of USC.

Wonder how OP's sister is going to AOS inside US.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Timeline

I suppose there is no waiver for overstay in the case of brothers/sisters of US citizen, since they are not considered immediate relative of USC.

Wonder how OP's sister is going to AOS inside US.

601 can be filed, needs a qualifying relative.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

For F4 family preference visa?

Yep More challenging obviously, depend on the QR and their hardships.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Thread closed for review by VJ Moderators of possible TOS violations .~

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Thread reviewed by VJ Moderators for possible TOS violations, and re-opened. Please be mindful of the VJ Terms of Service:

Condone or instruct, either directly or indirectly, others on how to commit fraudulent or illegal immigration activities in any way, shape, manner or method.

TOS violations will result in administrative actions.~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Situation is pretty clear cut, do not see what a Lawyer can do.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

All,

Please please help us!!

Thank you!

There is nothing to help with, she is ineligible to adjust status due to being out of status - in a pretty stupid way wasted a chance to legally live in US. End of story.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.