pmakhija

Going outside the US with Advance Parole in Process

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Went for biometrics today - asked about AP and how long it would take - they said should get it 2-3 weeks after biometrics appointment - though i've never heard or seen such turn around from what I've read here on visa journey. Explained how we would really like to be able to go back to Canada in the middle of July for a family reunion - was told if we didn't get it by July 1st to make and INFO PASS appointment and they would likely give permission for a one time crossing into Canada and back into the states. Anyone else hear of experience anything remotely similar to this?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Yes, I had that opportunity, but we got the AP card quick enough, 20 day turn around time with an expedite request from the USCIS field office officers. We just got back from Canada yesterday from my brothers wedding, the AP card for my wife worked without a hitch, they just had us go into the office in order to get her passport stamped and get her paroled in. they created an I-94A and stapled it to her passport. It is standard procedure for everytime that one gets paroled back into the states! I would take advantage of the infopass by july 1st to be on the safer side. Cheers.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Positive news, great story, congrats!

I'm due to use AP this month on a trip home to the UK and back, together with my wife. I've read up and have no real concerns about re-entering, but can't help have a slight sense of foreboding about the whole thing! I'm sure it'll be fine, just feels weird departing without the GC in my hand.

I'm K1 and filed AOS in September, completing biometrics soon after. Only contact since has been a letter waiving the interview stage.

I surprised her with a proposal in Los Angeles, and this is how it went down!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.