Jack2107

Advice please... Sponsor pulled out on us.

39 posts in this topic

Ok well I plan on doing that, so my co sponsor would only be obliged for 3 years or so.

I find there's quite a lot of negativity on this post when all I'm asking for is help.

Why is everyone saying 10 years.

After 3 years you can apply for nationalised

Because no one is forced to naturalize. You don't have to. It *could* be as little as 3 years, but it could be at most 10.

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Upper limit is death.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Upper limit is death.

Oh, yeah. I guess it is! Fair point. :)

26th August 2016 - NOA1

7th June 2017 - Oath

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's not that hard getting a second job. And why would you pay off debt instead of using the money to show your assets higher instead and pay off after the visa is approved. There is a ton that doesn't sound right with this post. It may be the person you are marrying but somewhere there is some odd stuff going on.

Timeline

Looking back on the OP's posts a few months ago they were talking about starting the immigrant process and now have moved quickly to adjust status.

So I think we are dealing with a VWP Express, and the debts were paid off with what ever money was brought over.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

madtownguy

My husband is currently active in seeking a second job like I put in the post. But he needs to the second job not to interfere with his current job as he is trying to work his way up the ladder with the current company he is employed with.

Regards to using the cash we spend to clear some debts, ..... This is how it went so people understand better as I to would have said the same as you.

Back in 2014 my husband was involved in a car accident and to cut a long story short there was a lot of court fees and layer fees that need to be paid for us to be able to move on and get back on track with life. We also had 2 credit cards that had high interest rates that would keep amounting to more and more as the months went by. I did a balance transfer on one card to give us interest free for 12 months so we didn't have to pay any interest on that one for a while and the other card we paid off completely. By doing this we didn't have to worry about getting in a mess with money and it now allows me to put my entire salary in savings. I currently earn around £500 a week but can sometimes be as little as £350.

Hopefully I would be about to save around £10k to £15 before they ask about our finances.

Does this help understand anymore?

I'm not the best of writers. Sorry

quote name="madtownguy" post="7612424" timestamp="1430944404"]

It's not that hard getting a second job. And why would you pay off debt instead of using the money to show your assets higher instead and pay off after the visa is approved. There is a ton that doesn't sound right with this post. It may be the person you are marrying but somewhere there is some odd stuff going on.

Boiler

I live in the UK and my husband lives in Florida.

We where married in Nyc in February and he petitioned he I-130 whilst I'm still in England. This way I can continue to work. Plus we wanted to go down the correct route.

I didn't want to go there on VWP and AOS and possibly face immigration fraud.

So your DEALING with a couple trying to go down the CR1 visa route

Looking back on the OP's posts a few months ago they were talking about starting the immigrant process and now have moved quickly to adjust status.

So I think we are dealing with a VWP Express, and the debts were paid off with what ever money was brought over.

Timeline

Are you still in the UK?

Boiler

I live in the UK and my husband lives in Florida.
We where married in Nyc in February and he petitioned he I-130 whilst I'm still in England. This way I can continue to work. Plus we wanted to go down the correct route.
I didn't want to go there on VWP and AOS and possibly face immigration fraud.
So your DEALING with a couple trying to go down the CR1 visa route

Your profile say adjusting status, hence my confusion. I am going to guess everybody else in this thread thought you were in the US.

I still live in the UK and I am currently in the UK . I only visit him in the states or he comes here to visit me

Then your best bet is to continue asking your friends/family etc. if anyone will consider joint sponsoring whilst your husband looks for his second job/windfall.

Also, if you've only recently filed the I-130, you've got a fair bit of time to wait for approval, so you don't need to find someone *right this instant*. You've got a bit of space.

Edited by lost_at_sea

26th August 2016 - NOA1

7th June 2017 - Oath

Then your best bet is to continue asking your friends/family etc. if anyone will consider joint sponsoring whilst your husband looks for his second job/windfall.

Also, if you've only recently filed the I-130, you've got a fair bit of time to wait for approval, so you don't need to find someone *right this instant*. You've got a bit of space.

He doesn't have any family that he is close to that will do it for him and we are still asking friends everyday if they would be willing. It's hard for to do much as being over here in the UK.

My family would do it for us but they do not meet the requirements as they are not American nor do they have place of residence in the states

:-(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.