guitarjam

St Lukes, Ermita RP

18 posts in this topic

Will need to get vaccinations during the medical exam, but not all shots are required due to the persons age at the time of examination according to CDC. Does St Lukes know this, have a age out chart?

My spouse is 32 and my stepson 17, what shots will they have to get and I'm assuming they aren't given all in the same day...

My Stepson had previous shots when he was very young but the records have been lost, guess we will need to go to the local hospital and get a blood lab test for evidence of immunity for shots he already had before going to St Lukes.

Anyone have adverse reactions to the shots or heard anything negative on this since its many shots at the same time...

Edited by guitarjam

Mar 12, 2015 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila thru Embassy Outreach visit

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My daughter, 4yo during her medical had 5 shots. No problems. She didn't get a fever.

sLEC knows what shots to give per applicant. No need to stress about it.

SLEC will take care of any needed shots to get your gal and stepson to the US. However, once here they may need to go to a USCIS civil surgeon, I think this is correct, to determine if anymore shots, such as MMR and others, maybe needed. For example, when my gal got here she needed the MMR shot and one other, I forget what it was...

Best of luck!

SLEC will take care of any needed shots to get your gal and stepson to the US. However, once here they may need to go to a USCIS civil surgeon, I think this is correct, to determine if anymore shots, such as MMR and others, maybe needed. For example, when my gal got here she needed the MMR shot and one other, I forget what it was...

Best of luck!

Oh? They don't give all the required shots prior to issuing a VISA?

Mar 12, 2015 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila thru Embassy Outreach visit

Will need to get vaccinations during the medical exam, but not all shots are required due to the persons age at the time of examination according to CDC. Does St Lukes know this, have a age out chart?

My spouse is 32 and my stepson 17, what shots will they have to get and I'm assuming they aren't given all in the same day...

My Stepson had previous shots when he was very young but the records have been lost, guess we will need to go to the local hospital and get a blood lab test for evidence of immunity for shots he already had before going to St Lukes.

Anyone have adverse reactions to the shots or heard anything negative on this since its many shots at the same time...

Hi guitarjam,

Yes St. Luke's know the vaccination rules as per CDC. :) They will be able to determine which shot/s is/are needed on the individual/patient . You don't have to worry because there will be panel of doctors that will check the results of the medical exams and lab workups first before they will give you any vaccines required. Not heard of anything negative happened to the shots so far :)

710-23-2014 - K1 interview (Phils): Approved
10-31-2014 - K1 Visa received
01-20-2015 - POE
02-20-2015 - Marriage
03-20-2015 - AOS/EAD/AP Packet Submission (day 0) ** date I submitted ***
03-24-2015 - NOA1 received (day 4)
03-27-2015 - NOA1 hard copies received (day 7)
04-06-2015 - Biometrics letter hard copy received (day 17)
04-16-2015 - Biometrics Appointment (day 27)
05-01-2015 - USCIS changed to Interview is scheduled (day 42)
05-06-2015 - Hardcopy of interview notice received ( I-797 C, NOA) (day 46)
06-02-2015- Conditional GC got approved (day 82) 
06-08-2015- Hard copy of Welcome notice received via mail (day 88)
06-10-2015- Actual GC received via mail  (day 90)
ROC
4/06/17 - Sent package (day 0)
4/7/17 -  USCIS received package (day 1) NOA date
4/14/17 - check encashed (day 😎
4/15/17 - NOA 1 received (day 9)
4/22/17 - Biometrics notice date (day 16)
4/29/17 - Biometrics notice letter received (day 23)
5/9/17 - Biometrics done (day 33)
3/19/18 - Case approved
3/23/18 - Approval letter received
4/6/18 - Actual 10-yr GC received 
N400 (under 3-year rule)
4/27/18 - filed N400 online (Friday) (day 0)
4/27/18 - paid/payment received (day 0)
4/27/18 - NOA date
5/21/18 - Biometrics done
7/25/18 - Interview letter date
8/31/18 - Scheduled interview. Got approved!
9/20/18 - Naturalization ceremony in Faneuil Hall, Boston, MA

"Seasons of waiting are designed to prepare you, stretch your faith, and get you ready for everything that's coming next" - curiano quotes life

Oh? They don't give all the required shots prior to issuing a VISA?

Your gal will get all the needed shots determined by SLEC. However, you do ask a good question... I can only tell you that my gal went to the local county health department to get any needed shots prior to going to the civil surgeon to avoid any possible "costly" shots there and she got the MMR shots, there is two of them but, since she went to the CS before the 2nd shot and got the needed paperwork she didnt go back for the 2nd MMR. And, there was a 2nd shot. Your experience may vary.

Just tried to get blood tests for my spouse and stepson for "prior vaccination evidence of antibodies" since the vaccination records for them were lost, and the local hospital AUF doesn't have the available tests for this and said they send people for those tests to the HP Diagnostics Clinic.

That clinic told us they don't have such testing available there either?! Only tests available are for positive infection of hepatitis & HIV! :cry:

Don't want to get shots for people that already had them before, will St Lukes do prior evidence of vaccination antibodies for all the required shots before giving them since the vaccination records were lost?

Thanks all!

Edited by guitarjam

Timeline

No they won't. Why fuss about it? SLEC knows what they're doing. I myself went there with no vaccine record and I'm still alive. Lol.

No they won't. Why fuss about it? SLEC knows what they're doing. I myself went there with no vaccine record and I'm still alive. Lol.

Apple21;

How many shots did you have to get w/o a prior record, and over the course of how many days did this take?

Thanks

Timeline

I got 2 shots on the same day (the 2nd day of the medical). Relax! :P

Truth is, its not the vaccines you should be worried about but the result of their xrays. Suspicious xrays may delay the medical for 2 months.

I got 2 shots on the same day (the 2nd day of the medical). Relax! :P

Truth is, its not the vaccines you should be worried about but the result of their xrays. Suspicious xrays may delay the medical for 2 months.

That's what I am hearing from someone else as well, why are they still using xrays to test for TB & not the skin test like the USA? Even if you have inactive TB your medical is delayed...

They use skin test for applicants 14yo and below. For the rest, its the xray.

Didn't know that, every year I go to Guam I get the TB Test at the Naval Hospital, and its the skin test which doesn't expose u to any radiation which is better...

• 2 weeks later...

SLEC only follows guidelines set by the Dept of State and CDC.

Wonder if its possible to get the DTAP and Hep B shots after arriving in the USA...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.