beback

Civil Surgeon

11 posts in this topic

Hello Guys! I need your help on my sister's adjustment of status. I was wandering how to do the civil surgeon. When I came here 10 yrs ago I remembered my husband took me to public health. I was knew here that time so I was not paying attention. Can you help me step by step on how to get this civil surgeon done? Thank you

Hello Guys! I need your help on my sister's adjustment of status. I was wandering how to do the civil surgeon. When I came here 10 yrs ago I remembered my husband took me to public health. I was knew here that time so I was not paying attention. Can you help me step by step on how to get this civil surgeon done? Thank you

Hi beback :)

I did went to a Civil surgeon here in Tucson,AZ. Although as per USCIS, if your Vaccination Documentation Worksheet given at St. Luke's is marked complete on US vaccination requirements, you're not required anymore to go to a civil surgeon as long as it is for one year. Luckily, my vaccination report is complete but since I don't want to take any chances of getting RFE on this one, I still had my appointment to a Civil Surgeon. Here's what I did below;

1. I looked up at the USCIS website for accredited Civil surgeons - http://www.powervisa.com/attorney/civil-surgeon-locator/arizona-civil-surgeons/

2. I called at least 12 medical offices near our place and asked if they do the vaccination transcript/report required for K1 (or any visa I think) at USCIS and not medical examination exam anymore since medical examination is good for one year.

3. I asked for their prices and compared them. Prices vary from $80 - $160 and some offer package rates both for medical exam including vaccination.

4. I called the one who can just do the vaccination transcript/report (other offices cannot do it) with the affordable price and made an appointment. (Please make sure you don't have your monthly period that time in order to get vaccination if ever you need it).

5. On the appointment date, I brought my Vaccination documentation report given at St. Luke's together with 3-4 copies of recent Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record. (The secretary of my civil surgeon provided it for me but it's also better to have it). I also brought some of my documents such as CD and OR receipt at St.Luke's as evidence showing the date I had my medical exam, NSO birth certificate, passport, and I-94 as my form of identification. Bring along your vaccination record too aside from the ones we got from St. Luke's.

You can also check this link - https://my.uscis.gov/findadoctor

6. During the exam, the doctor would check your records. On my case, since it's March, I need to have influenza vaccine so I paid additional $30 for it but it's okay because I got a fair price for the vaccination report. The USCIS Civil Surgeon knows what to do with the I-693 Form already and after he's done with the examination, he will do the report,signed i and put it on a sealed white envelope for you to add on your AOS package.

Basically that's what I did and everything went well. :)

Regards and God Bless on the papers :)

Edited by sweet01
710-23-2014 - K1 interview (Phils): Approved
10-31-2014 - K1 Visa received
01-20-2015 - POE
02-20-2015 - Marriage
03-20-2015 - AOS/EAD/AP Packet Submission (day 0) ** date I submitted ***
03-24-2015 - NOA1 received (day 4)
03-27-2015 - NOA1 hard copies received (day 7)
04-06-2015 - Biometrics letter hard copy received (day 17)
04-16-2015 - Biometrics Appointment (day 27)
05-01-2015 - USCIS changed to Interview is scheduled (day 42)
05-06-2015 - Hardcopy of interview notice received ( I-797 C, NOA) (day 46)
06-02-2015- Conditional GC got approved (day 82) 
06-08-2015- Hard copy of Welcome notice received via mail (day 88)
06-10-2015- Actual GC received via mail  (day 90)
ROC
4/06/17 - Sent package (day 0)
4/7/17 -  USCIS received package (day 1) NOA date
4/14/17 - check encashed (day 😎
4/15/17 - NOA 1 received (day 9)
4/22/17 - Biometrics notice date (day 16)
4/29/17 - Biometrics notice letter received (day 23)
5/9/17 - Biometrics done (day 33)
3/19/18 - Case approved
3/23/18 - Approval letter received
4/6/18 - Actual 10-yr GC received 
N400 (under 3-year rule)
4/27/18 - filed N400 online (Friday) (day 0)
4/27/18 - paid/payment received (day 0)
4/27/18 - NOA date
5/21/18 - Biometrics done
7/25/18 - Interview letter date
8/31/18 - Scheduled interview. Got approved!
9/20/18 - Naturalization ceremony in Faneuil Hall, Boston, MA

"Seasons of waiting are designed to prepare you, stretch your faith, and get you ready for everything that's coming next" - curiano quotes life

We did not go to a CS but submitted the DS-3025 along with these instructions: (Green Card in hand with no RFE!)

If you are a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical exam overseas or If you were admitted as a:

a. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or as a

b. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and

c. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then:

You are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485 is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination, and the medical examination did not reveal a Class A medical condition, or if you did have a Class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility and have complied with the terms and conditions on the waiver.

Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS-3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the vaccination report completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you are required to submit the vaccination record and page 1 of Form I-693.

You do not need the medical exam tests repeated if your medical was done within a year of filing for AOS (SLEC Philippines meets these qualification), that is all you need. No full, part of an exam is necessary once you arrive in the USA nor any tests. Your vaccinations need to be complete. Attach the following pages to your I-495 along with your DS-3025.

You can use the I-693 instructions, Page 5 #3 > http://tinyurl.com/qxjbg3b

The I-485 instructions, Page 4 #7 C. > http://tinyurl.com/p5ztb7n

And this Q&A from a USCIS civil surgeon seminar, Page 15, Q&A #57 > http://tinyurl.com/k6rt66o

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

May I ask a small and possibly dumb question please? - I've looked at my DS-3025 and I'm not convinced that all the vaccinations are up to date, maybe one more is needed.

I notice you talk about a "transcription" - and when I get there I believe I'll need effectively an updated Vaccination record with the extra vaccinations on it - is this possible without doing the whole exam - may I ask what I ask them to fill in?

My apologies if it is properly explained - I just don't fully understand it :(

Can you help at all please?

Timeline

..sorry, lost my time to edit... it looks like I fill in sections 1,2, and they fill in 4 and 7 and do not do an examination, just give me the extra shots?

May I ask a small and possibly dumb question please? - I've looked at my DS-3025 and I'm not convinced that all the vaccinations are up to date, maybe one more is needed.

I notice you talk about a "transcription" - and when I get there I believe I'll need effectively an updated Vaccination record with the extra vaccinations on it - is this possible without doing the whole exam - may I ask what I ask them to fill in?

My apologies if it is properly explained - I just don't fully understand it :(

Can you help at all please?

You explained well. If you have missing vaccinations, then CS can complete them. But, at this time he has to complete and transfer the information from your DS-3025 to an I-693 which you want him to place the I-693 in an envelope and seal it. Do not open that envelope but send it in with your paperwork.

Here is the list of vaccinations you need. Verify against your 3025. http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html#tbl1

http://tinyurl.com/nud3jdp

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

You explained well. If you have missing vaccinations, then CS can complete them. But, at this time he has to complete and transfer the information from your DS-3025 to an I-693 which you want him to place the I-693 in an envelope and seal it. Do not open that envelope but send it in with your paperwork.

Here is the list of vaccinations you need. Verify against your 3025. http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html#tbl1

http://tinyurl.com/nud3jdp

Actually the transcribing the DS-3025 to the I-693 is not required, that is VJ old wives BS. Only in specific cases is the I-693 required with the K-1 & completing the I-485.

(page 4, section 7c of the I-485 instructions)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Perfect. thank you both, I will, just in case - do both :)

Thinking about it as if I was dealing with my manager, where it's best to put all the information in one place - bless him, I'll ensure the I-693 has all the info transcribed so they have what they need in an obvious summary :)

Actually the transcribing the DS-3025 to the I-693 is not required, that is VJ old wives BS. Only in specific cases is the I-693 required with the K-1 & completing the I-485.

(page 4, section 7c of the I-485 instructions)

We are talking about two different issues here. Yours, and you are right, is if you have all the vaccinations before arriving in the US whereas the beneficiary has completed and received all required vaccinations at SLEC. Then she should follow your instructions.

But, what I am saying is if she is missing vaccination then she will need the DS-3025 transcribed to the I-693 by a CS after she has completed her vaccinations which puts her in compliance. Then she follows a different set of requirements which are the one that I posted.

If she has all the vaccinations then there is no need for a CS and transcribing. It's a waste of money. She sends in her DS-3025 with a copy of the instructions (page 4, section 7c of the I-485 instructions).

As you have said many times, there are misconceptions about the procedure here on VJ, but you cleared that up with your receipt of instructions that you received from an official inquiry you made and hence your answer.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks. :)

Going to the county health clinic for missing vaccinations is cheaper if it is not covered by health insurance, then take the vaccination record and DS-3025 to the CS.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Thanks. :)

Going to the county health clinic for missing vaccinations is cheaper if it is not covered by health insurance, then take the vaccination record and DS-3025 to the CS.

:thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.