chrisnjill

Unfair Situation

50 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

It seems as if you'll have started and invested already in the process to have you to migrate to TT, therefore why invest more money in the US process. It seems as if money is also an issue that you'll are trying to deal with, better planning will make less waste.

If your disability income will continue if you leave the US, than maybe TT will be a better choice.

Again, nothing good is just given without hard work. The US policies for immigration have been in place for the last 30 some years, so it's only a surprise to those who don't research before leaping into it.

good luck moving forwarded

You could get a job. The poverty line is set incredibly low. Why do you think it would be fair to bring someone into the country that you can't afford? I think it is unfair that you think you are being punished. It is incredibly hard to find good help, if you put the effort to work hard you will make money it is that simple.

Agreeing with this.

I'm a single mother of a child who has a disability and she is considered disabled to the gov, yet I'm trying to make as much possible on my own to ensure that my fiance can come here. Ironically enough, he has a degree and experience that he'll most likely land a good job and the chances of us being on gov assistance once he's here is next to none with my working and him working once he can, the only worry is that I can make enough while trying to support my disabled 6 year old, make sure she has afterschool care, daycare during the summer for special needs, and enough to let them see that it can work out. I've also been making sure to secure a cosigner or two cosigners for a just in case. I'll most likely get a second job at night if I have to.

Sometimes if you want something bad enough you have to work really hard, sometimes working really hard will mean that later on things can be a bit easier, but it'll never get easier without work.

Edited by ash1101

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

tomyka81, Thanks!

cdneh, Yep. Thanks.

Madtownguy,

Being 47 on disability and unable to work, especially active and heavy work, it's not as easy as that. I would LOVE to work again! I've worked most my life from middle school to more recently. Just a figure of speech when I say 'punished'.

Thanks

Hardfacts123,

I'm in TT now. For the past year, but travel to the states often when I need to. My TT residency is pending, but we still want to travel together and we can't go to the states if she can't get in.

Thanks!

Ash1101,

As I've said in my last post I've worked all my life and enjoyed every bit of it! My wife also has a degree and we've talked about her working... Just getting the visa for her and her daughter. (Two Visas. Not just the one) I wouldn't like her working to support me. My dad was old fashioned and worked his ### off to support his family. My mom took care of the house and kids. So yeah, I was raised to work for what I wanted!

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

It seems as if you'll have started and invested already in the process to have you to migrate to TT, therefore why invest more money in the US process. It seems as if money is also an issue that you'll are trying to deal with, better planning will make less waste.

If your disability income will continue if you leave the US, than maybe TT will be a better choice.

Again, nothing good is just given without hard work. The US policies for immigration have been in place for the last 30 some years, so it's only a surprise to those who don't research before leaping into it.

good luck moving forwarded

If you polled most of the people on this forum, I would guess that many, if not most, knew very little about immigration procedures when they "fell in love". We don't know all of the OP's financial background or all the details of the personal life either. All I saw was someone conveying their opinion on what they think is an unfair system. I again believe that most of us would also agree there are multiple problems with the immigration system.

We should be working together to fix these problems. After all, this is our country, isn't it? :)

If you polled most of the people on this forum, I would guess that many, if not most, knew very little about immigration procedures when they "fell in love". We don't know all of the OP's financial background or all the details of the personal life either. All I saw was someone conveying their opinion on what they think is an unfair system. I again believe that most of us would also agree there are multiple problems with the immigration system.

We should be working together to fix these problems. After all, this is our country, isn't it? :)

Better planning makes life easy for all parties involved. Facts about immigration is no secret, it depends on what is important to you. If you knew it was going to impact your life, researching before leaping would be a plus.

Everyone lives their life at a different pace, some just leap before looking, some look before leaping. Who do you think feels the pain less.

Joshuah57,

Yes the system is unfair at times and we should be able to do something to fix the problems.

Thanks

Hardfacts123,

Yes, she would like to tour the states, but eventually move there. If not the states, she would like to move from TT somewhere. We figured the US would be a good start. I'm residing here for now, because she can't be there. We'll work it out eventually.

Thanks!

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - John Lennon

Hardfacts123,

I moved to NYC from mid-west alone with no job, no apartment lined up, only $2000 in my pocket and knew no one in NY. That was in '91.

Taking another leap, but more carefully this time.

Thanks.

It's not the system that broken, its the people who use the system that are not trusted worthy. How do you fix humans who are not trust worthy, the only way the US have been Able to deal with it put more rules and laws in place.

When we find a way to fix the human race than we have solved all of the worlds problems. Don't hold your breath, it won't be in your life time.

Safe journey to Ll who choose to embark upon it. When the end happens you don't remember the pain in the journey getting their. it's like giving birth, it hurts life hell when in labor, but once that bundle of joy is placed in front of you, you forget the pain.

Hardfacts123,

I agree 50%. It's both: Some people and some of the system.

There are of course, those who cheat the system and sometimes the system cheats to help some people. (friend or relative)

It helps when you know someone. Whether it's a company, a union or even a restaurant. If you know the right person, you can get in.

Thanks again.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It would seem to me, that you either need a joint sponsor, or find a way to make some more income, and bring our wife out of that country.

I would think you married to live together, but you are spending your lives apart.,.,.,,I think there is more you can do, to bring your wife here.

I agree with a few other posters, something just not right about this situation.

I can only wish you happiness, and success in the future, may you and your wife get to where you seek.

raven52,

I've applied for my TT residency for that purpose: So we can be together until I can bring her & her daughter to the US. Even if it's for them to visit awhile. I said earlier, we'll decide where we'll finally reside.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** Two posts containing personal attacks removed. Post constrictive advice or do not post. ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.