ch3john

Singapore COC for K1 Interview

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Has anyone recently (within the past year) received a Singapore COC? If so, what was needed and how long did it take?

I searched this site for the topic but can't find anything more recent than 2 years ago and it seems SG has a changed their ways in getting a COC.

I have gone to both the SG site and the US site but they have conflicting information on what is needed.

TIA for any advice/help/experience you can provide

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

One thing I forgot to add, my fiance is not a SG citizen but worked there for the past 5 years and recently moved back to Indonesia.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Asia: East and Pacific Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is country-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes we did it. It takes a long time (2 months or more), but it does work.

You need to go to the Singapore police web site and download the COC application and the appeal application.

Then you need to get from the consulate where you will be interviewed a letter called "the Singapore letter". We dealt with Manila, so the procedure may be different in Indonesia, but the letter tells the Singapore police that you need the COC to get your visa and a statutory declaration is insufficient.

You send the whole package to the Singapore police with 55 Singapore dollars in money order (MUST use Singapore dollars, no foreign currency accepted), and then they send the COC to you by registered mail. Check to make sure the fee did not increase over the last year since we did ours.

Has anyone recently (within the past year) received a Singapore COC? If so, what was needed and how long did it take?

I searched this site for the topic but can't find anything more recent than 2 years ago and it seems SG has a changed their ways in getting a COC.

I have gone to both the SG site and the US site but they have conflicting information on what is needed.

TIA for any advice/help/experience you can provide

My wife just got one recently and they state it takes 15 working days. Our was ready in about this time frame. The trick is to apply in person or have someone apply in person. My wife got the fingerprints at her local police department in the Philippines. She then sent it LBC courier to her previous boss who went in person in Singapore. They gave her a pickup date and she picked it up. Then her previous boss sent it by DHL to me.

The tough part about getting one is they want a letter from either NVC or the Manila Embassy. What I did was downloaded a Manila Embassy letter from the Department of State website and it is supposed to include a checklist when submitted. Instead of a checklist which takes a long time to get, I included the welcome letter from NVC showing a police certificate was needed.

Keep in mind I did a marriage CR-1 visa. I'm not sure if the NVC send you a welcome letter for K-1's. The other option is going to the Manila Embassy and asking for the request letter in person.

http://www.spf.gov.sg/epc/cert_issued.htm

Edited by Isabela

Consulate Manila, Philippines
Nebraska Service Center

2014-09-26 Marriage

USCIS

2014-10-16 I-130 Received
2014-10-24 NOA 1 Received
2014-11-07 RFE Received Online
2014-12-05 NSO Marriage Certificate received
2014-12-14 I-130 petition approved by USCIS
2014-12-15 Email from USCIS stating file has been sent to NVC

NVC

2014-12-19 NVC received our case
2015-01-23 NVC case number available
2015-01-24 Submitted DS 261
2015-01-26 Paid AOS fee
2015-01-29 Scanned the AOS & IV documents
2015-02-18 NVC IV fee was marked as paid on CEAC
2015-02-18 DS 260 Completed
2015-03-31 Received Expected Checklist for Singapore Police Certificates
2015-04-12 NVC Certificate of Clearance received

2015-05-08 Case Complete

2015 -05-21 Case sent to Manila via DHL

MANILA

2015-05-11 SLEC Medical
2015-05-15 CFO Certificate issued

2015-05-25 Case received by Manila Emabssy

2015-06-04 Interview Scheduled

2015-06-02 Manila Embassy didn't have Hong Kong Police Certificate. Apparently Phil Post didn't deliver it per their tracking.

2015-06-08 Hong Kong Police sent another Police Certificate.

2015-06-23 Hong Kong Police Certificate received by Embassy

2015-07-15 Ready for Interview on CEAC (already had interview)

2015-07-22 Visa ready at 2GO

One other thing is I had to get two of them. My wife worked in Singapore during two different periods and they wouldn't combine them. So I applied twice and paid for two. :)

Consulate Manila, Philippines
Nebraska Service Center

2014-09-26 Marriage

USCIS

2014-10-16 I-130 Received
2014-10-24 NOA 1 Received
2014-11-07 RFE Received Online
2014-12-05 NSO Marriage Certificate received
2014-12-14 I-130 petition approved by USCIS
2014-12-15 Email from USCIS stating file has been sent to NVC

NVC

2014-12-19 NVC received our case
2015-01-23 NVC case number available
2015-01-24 Submitted DS 261
2015-01-26 Paid AOS fee
2015-01-29 Scanned the AOS & IV documents
2015-02-18 NVC IV fee was marked as paid on CEAC
2015-02-18 DS 260 Completed
2015-03-31 Received Expected Checklist for Singapore Police Certificates
2015-04-12 NVC Certificate of Clearance received

2015-05-08 Case Complete

2015 -05-21 Case sent to Manila via DHL

MANILA

2015-05-11 SLEC Medical
2015-05-15 CFO Certificate issued

2015-05-25 Case received by Manila Emabssy

2015-06-04 Interview Scheduled

2015-06-02 Manila Embassy didn't have Hong Kong Police Certificate. Apparently Phil Post didn't deliver it per their tracking.

2015-06-08 Hong Kong Police sent another Police Certificate.

2015-06-23 Hong Kong Police Certificate received by Embassy

2015-07-15 Ready for Interview on CEAC (already had interview)

2015-07-22 Visa ready at 2GO

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This web site has the application form for the Singapore COC

http://www.spf.gov.sg/fans/doc/coc_appform.pdf

You must submit with the required docs.

Full set of ten finger prints taken by police station in your country

Photocopy of passport (bio data page)

Two recent photos (passport size)

You might have to search for the requirements of Singapore Police to obtain the COC

I believe you have to sent a appeal form also

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I sent an email to ivmanilareplies@state.gov inquiring about how to obtain the letter required for Singapore, and included my NVC case number and Filipino beneficiary's name, and they actually emailed me back the document in a PDF. It's written up as an instruction from the embassy to you, not to Singapore, telling you that you need the clearances for them to continue processing and listing instructions on how to obtain them. I'm using RapidVisa as my visa agency, and asked them to review the document and they said it should be the correct one.

According to my understanding, you will have to obtain that document direct from the embassy (whether by email or in person) because it needs to have your case number and the immigrant fiancee's name on it. If you do try the email route, note that this email address prefers the subject line to be your fiancee's name in "LAST NAME, rest of name" format followed by your NVC case number so that they can know which case it references direct from the subject.

event.png

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

For future readers, I obtained mine end August. It only took less than a week to collect. I went to the Singapore Police Complex to apply directly with the NOA2 letter Monday and got an SMS that evening that it is ready for collection from Friday that same week. It's only an A3 Certificate with your picture printed.

June 3: I-129F sent
June 8: I-129F reached USCIS
June 11: NOA1
July 16: NOA2

July 20: NOA2 hardcopy
August 3: NVC sent package
August 4: Called NVC for Case Number
August 4: Status update 1 = In Transit
August 13: Status update 2 = Ready
- NVC Letter received: pending *Never received -
August 19:
Status update 3 = Ready

August 19: Packet 3 received
August 20: Packet 3 mailed to US Embassy Singapore
Sept 2: Status update 4 = Ready
Sept 7: Packet 4 received
Sept 18: Interview date
Sept 18: Status update 5 = Administrative Processing
Sept 21: Dropped 221(g) documents at Aramex
Sept 25: Status update 6 = Administrative Processing
Sept 29: Status update 7 = Ready
Sept 29: Status update 8 = Administrative Processing, New Case Creation Date (Nonimmigrant)
Sept 30: Status update 9 = Issued
Oct 1: Visa on hand
Oct 2: POE in the US
Dec 23: AOS mailed
Jan 4: I-485 NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.