63 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello all.. I have been lurking on this site for awhile, but decided to join today and tell my story. I met my husband in Jamaica about 3 yrs ago. We hit it off, and had what I thought was a great relationship. We got married in December 2014. However I found out about 2 months ago that he has seeing someone else from the usa the entire time we were together and even spent the week before our wedding with her in Jamaica. I have not submitted the paperwork yet. Should I just forget it altogether? He has begged me to forgive him, even crying on the phone saying she doesn't mean anything to him and I am the one he is in love with. I am so hurt .. I cannot stop crying

Timeline

Thanks for your response. In my head I know what I should do. It's so embarrassing. My family flew with me to Jamaica for the wedding and I feel so ashamed to tell them it's over. I keep going over in my head if I missed any signs. But honestly, I cannot think of anything.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from IR1/CR1 Process to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits Forum~

~Similar topics are often discussed at this forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Thank you.. It hurts so bad. I deliberately waited 2 years before marrying him, just to be certain I knew him enough. I met all his family. And except for that very first time I went back after meeting him, I always stayed at his house. I never saw anything that would tip me off. I was treated well when I visited. When my father passed in Jamaica, he was at the funeral with me. He called almost everyday, since it was cheaper for him to do so.

I still cannot believe he was leading a double life.

He is a jerk and a con! Honestly I have yet to meet a man down here that at some point or another have never been with 2 women at the same time. that's also one of the main reason I personally did not wanna date another Jamaican man, it's gonna be alot of emotions to go through but just think of it "what is 3 years wasted compared to 10?" At this point I think you can file for an annulment. Don't get me wrong though, there might be some really good and honest men down here but it would be best to find one down here that is so financiallyrics stable that you know getting a green card is not is main goal. I will keep you in my prayers dear :)

I-130 Received- Feb 23
Check Cashed- Feb 26, 2015
NOA1- Feb 27, 2015 :dancing:
Received in mail- March 2, 2015

NOA2- July 15,2015 :dance:(4 months, 6 days)

Case Sent to NVC- July 23, 2015 (8 days)
NVC Received- July, 29, 2015 (6 days)

Received Case and IIN #- August 13,2015 (15 days)

Submitted DS-261- August 13,2015

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

I am so sorry to hear you are in this kind of situation.I would suggest you don't waste anymore of your time and money on someone who is not as devoted and faithful as you are .Plus when he comes here who knows he could probably run off with the other woman which will be more heartbreak and stress for you , so try to avoid that now and divorce him and move on with your life I know its easier said than done but I am sure you will find someone better . :)

:dancing: (F) :dancing: :luv: :goofy: :dancing: :idea: “And whoever is patient and forgiving, these most surely are actions due to courage.” :goofy: :idea: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Anonymous, The Quran

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry for this, but you need to be strong for yourself. Mostly a cheater will always be a cheater. Save yourself from more pains.

Sometimes it's God's way for you to realize that it is not worth at all. Just pray hard and you will get the right answer, follow your instinct then.

Give thanks to God after all, you didn't start the petition yet. God will heal your heart in time.

"Last night I looked up at the stars and matched each one with a reason why I love you. I was doing great until I ran out of stars."-- by Kelsi

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Reading this almost made me cry. I understand the embarrassment will cause you to hesitate with ending the marriage. Of course some of your family was telling you not to marry him. But you can't set your self up for future failure because you don't want to face the embarrassment.

Quiet your mind and listen to your heart. You will know what to do. Stay strong.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.