girl_wanderer

Can I apply for visit visa?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello everyone, I am ESS ! I am a Pakistani girl, I was married to a US citizen in 2010,after approval of my I130 ,I joined him in USA in 2012.Got my GC (conditional 2yrs) But things didn't work out ,I came back ,filed for divorce and let my GC expire since I had no plans of living there. Now my friends are planning for a summer getaway and I was wondering will I get visit visa or will it be impossible?

TIA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

First of all we shouls know the defination of visit visa usa. Visit visa means you dont have intent to live usa permanent and you should have good financial background in pakistan like own house good job good bank balance in bank. You can apply visit visa

• Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

• Marriage: 09-26-2014

I-130 Sent : 12-8-2014

I-130 Received at USCIS : 12-11-2014

I-130 NOA1 (Approved) : 01-8-2015 :wow:

Case sent to NVC by USCIS : 01-24-2015

NVC Case Received : 02-23-2015

Case Number Received : 02-26-2015

Completed DS-261,Paid AOS Fee : 02-28-2015

AOS Fee Showing Paid : 03-01-2015

AOS & IV Package sent : 03-11-2015

NVC Received AOS and IV Packages : 03-14-2015

(60 Days waiting period starts) :clock:

IV Fee Generated : 03-26-2015

IV Fee showing Paid : 04-01-2015

Checklist for Ds 260: 04-09-2015

Completed DS-260 : 04-10-2015

Case sent for supervisor review : 05-27-2015

Case Completed at NVC: 06-19-2015 :dancing:

(After 24 days in supervisor review)

(P4) Interview Letter Received: 06-26-2015

Medical interview:

Timeline

First of all we shouls know the defination of visit visa usa. Visit visa means you dont have intent to live usa permanent and you should have good financial background in pakistan like own house good job good bank balance in bank. You can apply visit visa

Yes absolutely just gonna visit new York , Boston and probably Texas. My dad and brother will financially sponsor me since am dependant on them. We have somesome agricultural land,house and bank statement. I have lived in USA for 5 months . so my concern was will my expired GC be a problem??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Your ties are what matters not your family.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you would of turned you GC in to the embassy, instead of letting it expire, your odds would be greater of getting a Tourist Visa.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You may still be able to surrender your GC, look into it. If anything, this makes you look like you had the chance to live in the US and chose not to, so a visa could be easier.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Although late, I would fill out the form, send in your GC.,.,it is the only chance you have.

As stated before, it is not "what your family has" it is "what YOU have" bank acct. in your name, job, letter from your company, giving you the time off, a house, or a lease, long term hopefully.

I hope you have some of these things, otherwise, I would just guess your chances are 5% or less.

Sorry, but it is what I see here, as so many tourist visas turned down, because of "no significant ties to your country."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Yes absolutely just gonna visit new York , Boston and probably Texas. My dad and brother will financially sponsor me since am dependant on them. We have somesome agricultural land,house and bank statement. I have lived in USA for 5 months . so my concern was will my expired GC be a problem??[/quote

You have to apply and be approved on you merits, and your merits alone. There is no sponsorship for a visitor visa, ever. Their money and land is theirs, not yours. Theirs ties are not your ties.You must prove very strong ties OF YOUR OWN to you home country, and seeing that you were a former U.S. resident that will work against you. Throw in the fact that you're a single woman from Pakistan, one of the most difficult countries to get a visa from, your chances are slim. You can try, but don't hold your breath.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Unfortunately, if you left the United States for any extended period of time and you did not file a special form.. It is quite possible you would have been considered to have "abandoned" your citizenship.

USCIS Leaving the United States:

http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/international-travel-permanent-resident

Legal advice website regarding this situation:

http://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/us-immigration/abandonment-residence-green-card-holders.html

To answer the Title of your post: Can I apply for a visitors visa ( ALSO CALLED A TOURIST VISA )

The answer is yes, you still can.

Edited by Karmalious

PETITION I-130

1/2/2015 - Petition sent to Phoenix Lockbox

1/6/2015 - NOA #1 Receipt

7/1/2015 - NOA #2 Approved

7/10/2015 - Email from Nebraska stating sent the case to NVC

NVC

7/16/15 - Case Received by NVC

7/30/15 - Case number assigned

8/3/15 - DS-261 Agent available

8/4/15 - DS-261 Agent completed

8/4/15 - AOS fee available & paid

8/6/15 - Check cleared the bank & bar-code cover sheet now available

8/13/15 - AOS Packet & IV Packet sent to NVC by priority mail

8/15/15 - IV fee available & paid same day

8/17/15 - NVC received package

8/19/15 - Check cleared the bank & DS-260 available & DS-260 completed!!! ALSO, we received email notification from NVC that they received package on 8/17

- Case completed at NVC

- Case sent to Embassy on this date

EMBASSY

- Embassy received packet

- Wife received Packet 3/4 Instructions

- Medical appointment

- Interview

Point of Entry

- Enter Austin, Texas

Timeline

Thank you everyone. I'm gonna call

L embassy on Monday and inquire about returning the GC if still possible. From the comments I gathered this should be my priority. I'll appreciate your comments and I wish I had asked about GC situation before it expired.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.