av8or1

In transit and interview wait times

92 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Ksenia, wow thank you! Great feedback. It's good to know that your case wasn't straightforward either, that helps immensely. I was thinking that this is why they are taking so long to put me into AP. I have filed 3 fiance visa petitions in the past; the first two were for women from Belarus and Russia respectively. Both of those women dumped my a$$ after I had filed the petition for them and then they both married local men. The second married only *ONE* month after she ended our relationship, so you kinda get a picture about what was happening there. I always thought that those "shouldn't count" but of course they do. lol Then the third beneficiary was the aforementioned woman from Ukraine who seemed genuine enough to me but who in the end was really just looking for money. I don't have any criminal anything, it was just the previous filings ... but I don't know why those would be a problem. The divorce decree was included in the packet and the first two women didn't even attend the interview and I *did* actively cancel those petitions with the respective embassies instead of just letting them expire.

Then Elena has a US tourist visa (3 year, 6 month variety) and she visited me 3 times in Austin. But she's gone back every time and never stayed more than a month, so there is no overstay scenario at play there either. She got that visa just prior to our meeting on loveplanet.ru but we met in Moscow prior to her coming to TEXAS.

So I dunno, that's as "messy" as we get. ce2010, since you were put into AP so quickly my guess is that y'all will have no trouble whatsoever. I don't know why they're giving us such a hard time of it. I did ask for an expedited interview because of our son and our strong need to return home together; Elena's family lives far away, she lives in Moscow alone and so if I have to return without them it will be even more of an emotional and financial burden for us than it has been already (221 day wait in the TSC + time to get to the embassy + 14 days as of today), not to mention the physical burden for Elena to travel alone with luggage and a kid in-tow. I mentioned that in my email to them, fully explaining the situation. But perhaps they got offended that I asked and decided to make me wait ... seems kinda petty, but I suppose it happens. I suspect they receive lots of those types of requests. I wouldn't have asked if it wasn't for our son; heck I wouldn't even be here for the interview...

Ah I dunno. Frustrated and bewildered. Confused.

Thanks again Ksenia

Edited by av8or1

9/8/14 - I129F petition sent to the USCIS lockbox via USPS
9/11/14 - Petition received @ USCIS lockbox
9/11/14 - NOA1 Email and text message received
9/15/14 - NOA1 Official notice date
9/18/14 - NOA1 hard copy received
12/9/14 - "Updated" likely because of website repairs, like many of us received
4/20/15 - NOA2 text and email (221 days)

4/29/15 - Sent to the NVC (9 days)

5/8/15 - Arrived at the NVC (9 days)

5/13/15 - Left the NVC (5 days)

5/15/15 - Electronic version arrived at the embassy (2 days)

5/20/15 - Paper copy arrived at the embassy (7 days)

6/4/15 - Status changed to AP (which meant that we could schedule the interview)

6/16/15 - Medical

6/17/15 - K1 APPROVED!!!!

6/30/15 - Passport and sealed envelope delivered via courier

Filed: Timeline

Ksenia, wow thank you! Great feedback. It's good to know that your case wasn't straightforward either, that helps immensely. I was thinking that this is why they are taking so long to put me into AP. I have filed 3 fiance visa petitions in the past; the first two were for women from Belarus and Russia respectively. Both of those women dumped my a$$ after I had filed the petition for them and then they both married local men. The second married only *ONE* month after she ended our relationship, so you kinda get a picture about what was happening there. I always thought that those "shouldn't count" but of course they do. lol Then the third beneficiary was the aforementioned woman from Ukraine who seemed genuine enough to me but who in the end was really just looking for money. I don't have any criminal anything, it was just the previous filings ... but I don't know why those would be a problem. The divorce decree was included in the packet and the first two women didn't even attend the interview and I *did* actively cancel those petitions with the respective embassies instead of just letting them expire.

Then Elena has a US tourist visa (3 year, 6 month variety) and she visited me 3 times in Austin. But she's gone back every time and never stayed more than a month, so there is no overstay scenario at play there either. She got that visa just prior to our meeting on loveplanet.ru but we met in Moscow prior to her coming to TEXAS.

So I dunno, that's as "messy" as we get. ce2010, since you were put into AP so quickly my guess is that y'all will have no trouble whatsoever. I don't know why they're giving us such a hard time of it. I did ask for an expedited interview because of our son and our strong need to return home together; Elena's family lives far away, she lives in Moscow alone and so if I have to return without them it will be even more of an emotional and financial burden for us than it has been already (221 day wait in the TSC + time to get to the embassy + 14 days as of today), not to mention the physical burden for Elena to travel alone with luggage and a kid in-tow. I mentioned that in my email to them, fully explaining the situation. But perhaps they got offended that I asked and decided to make me wait ... seems kinda petty, but I suppose it happens. I suspect they receive lots of those types of requests. I wouldn't have asked if it wasn't for our son; heck I wouldn't even be here for the interview...

Ah I dunno. Frustrated and bewildered. Confused.

Thanks again Ksenia

Hey

or i should say we got to the ap status very fast to get denied.. you are waiting for it to be approved right away :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My only concern for the interview for my fiancee is (im petitioner) after living in usa for year and half (legally with student visa) she went back to russia, without going pass her visa date.

since than she applied 3 times for tourist visa and got denied because of no strong ties to russia situation...

maybe thats when we gonna have hard time in the interview..

It doesn't matter for K1. K1 is a visa with immigrant intent, so you do not need strong ties to Russia as the whole point is immigrating (even though technically it's a non-immigrant visa). Moscow is pretty easy for K1 from what I've read here, so don't worry.

1/4/13 - I129-F Sent | 1/8/13 - Received by USCIS
1/10/13 - NOA1 to VSC | 1/11/13 - Text/Email | 1/17/13 - Hard Copy Received
1/16/13 - Alien Registration Number changed
5/24/13 or 5/29/13 - Case Transferred to TSC
7/2/13 - NOA2 from TSC! (173 days from NOA1) | 7/6/13 - Hard Copy Received
7/18/13 - Shipped to NVC | 7/26/13 - Received at NVC and case number assigned
7/29/13 - In transit to consulate | 7/31/13 - Received by consulate
8/20/13 - Medical - Passed | 8/21/13 - Interview - Approved!
8/28/13 - Passport with visa ready to pickup from courier
10/17/13 - POE - JFK
10/28/13 - Applied for SSN and marriage license | 11/2/13 - SS card received
11/21/13 - Wedding

12/30/13 - I485/I765/I131 Sent | 1/2/14 - Received by USCIS
1/3/14 - NOA1 to NBC | 1/16/14 - Hard Copy Received
2/4/14 - Biometrics
3/7/14 - AP and EAD approved!
3/11/14 - AP/EAD card mailed | 3/14/14 - Received
4/10/14 - Interview Waiver letter
6/16/14 - Approved! | 6/21/14 - GC Received

5/2/16 - I-751 Sent | 5/5/16 - Received by USCIS
5/6/16 - NOA1 to VSC
6/14/16 - Biometrics

4/19/17 - Approved! | 4/22/17 - Letter received | 5/4/17 - GC Received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I agree completely with vbtwo. Visitor's visa denials don't affect K-1. If all your documents are in order then there is no reason to deny it.

Legal Permanent Resident since 09.15.2015

ROC timeline

06.19.2017 I-751 mailed

06.22.2017 package delivered to Laguna Niguel PO box

06.23.2017 check cashed

06.27.2017 NOA-1 received dated 06.22.2017

07.14.2017 Biometrics letter received. Notice dated 06.30.2017

07.19.2017 Biometrics appointment 

Timeline

Hey

or i should say we got to the ap status very fast to get denied.. you are waiting for it to be approved right away :)

Nah, I kinda doubt that. This wait is - as Ksenia said - seemingly like forever. And I can't figure out why they're holding us up. The only saving grace I have at this point is Ksenia's report of someone else who also waited 15 or 16 days. I wonder if that happens to other people or what and what the maximum is (approximately, obviously). No word again today.

6/4/15 - Status changed to AP (which meant that we could schedule the interview)

6/16/15 - Medical

Timeline

Hey-

Did anyone see anything in the description of our "mess" that might be causing this delay?

Still nothing, but it's only 2 pm so there's still hope that something might happen today......

Thanks

6/16/15 - Medical

Timeline

Ok so after checking 3 or 4 times per day for the past 15 days, we're finally in AP! Woooo-hooooooo! I musta ran around the apartment three times while trying to contain my excitement because David was sleeping. I looked at it like 4 times to verify what I was seeing. We haven't received an email yet from the embassy, but the CEAC website says AP! So that's good, right?

Now my attention turns to what the heck they were doing. Dunno. Musta been the multiple filings. But as I said in my explanation in the packet itself (separate sheets of paper from the I-129F form), I went into each of those relationships (and filings of the I-129F) with the thought and belief that this was it; that I'd be married to this person for the rest of my life. Little did I know what awaited me, especially from the ex-wife.

Anyway. Whatever. Just wished they'd send me the email so we can schedule and move on. I'm ready to go home y'all!

At least this is a step in the right direction, yeah?!?!?!?!

Edited by av8or1

6/16/15 - Medical

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Ok so after checking 3 or 4 times per day for the past 15 days, we're finally in AP! Woooo-hooooooo! I musta ran around the apartment three times while trying to contain my excitement because David was sleeping. I looked at it like 4 times to verify what I was seeing. We haven't received an email yet from the embassy, but the CEAC website says AP! So that's good, right?

Now my attention turns to what the heck they were doing. Dunno. Musta been the multiple filings. But as I said in my explanation in the packet itself (separate sheets of paper from the I-129F form), I went into each of those relationships (and filings of the I-129F) with the thought and belief that this was it; that I'd be married to this person for the rest of my life. Little did I know what awaited me, especially from the ex-wife.

Anyway. Whatever. Just wished they'd send me the email so we can schedule and move on. I'm ready to go home y'all!

Congratulations with moving on to the next step. Did you not try to schedule yet? The first attempt will end with the phrase: your request for scheduling the interview will be considered and within 1 working day they will let you see the dates. So I would do it right now, so that tomorrow you can schedule the date already.

Legal Permanent Resident since 09.15.2015

ROC timeline

06.19.2017 I-751 mailed

06.22.2017 package delivered to Laguna Niguel PO box

06.23.2017 check cashed

06.27.2017 NOA-1 received dated 06.22.2017

07.14.2017 Biometrics letter received. Notice dated 06.30.2017

07.19.2017 Biometrics appointment 

Congrats!!!!!

Timeline

Congratulations with moving on to the next step. Did you not try to schedule yet? The first attempt will end with the phrase: your request for scheduling the interview will be considered and within 1 working day they will let you see the dates. So I would do it right now, so that tomorrow you can schedule the date already.

Thanks Ksenia! Yeah I did try to schedule. I was able to get right into their online scheduling app and make an appointment. Our medical is the 16th and the interview is the 17th. We should have done the medical earlier, but it wouldn't have mattered. There weren't any interview appointments until the week of the 15th anyway.

Congrats!!!!!

Thanks ce2010. What's your status? Did you pay the fee yet? If so, was your final charge on your account $265?

6/16/15 - Medical

I havent paid and looked at any of those stuff,

because it will be my first time meeting with parents of my girl she is very busy and i am very busy travelling now. i will be there on wednesday and i think thursday we will start looking at all this stuff...

Timeline

I havent paid and looked at any of those stuff,

because it will be my first time meeting with parents of my girl she is very busy and i am very busy travelling now. i will be there on wednesday and i think thursday we will start looking at all this stuff...

Ah ok, understood. Well if you will be in Moscow, let's try to find time to meet up.

6/16/15 - Medical

Ah ok, understood. Well if you will be in Moscow, let's try to find time to meet up.

i will be in moscow for 3 hours on wednesday 10th :) im going to change planes there to go to saratov (to my girl). are you living in moscow? we can meet when me and my girl comes for interview.. what do you think?

Timeline

i will be in moscow for 3 hours on wednesday 10th :) im going to change planes there to go to saratov (to my girl). are you living in moscow? we can meet when me and my girl comes for interview.. what do you think?

Ah I see. Yes, I am staying in Moscow now. Came here for the birth of our son and staying until the fiance visa interview is complete and she has her passport (with visa) in-hand so that we can return together as a family or until my vacation time from work is exhausted, whichever happens first. If the interview holds as scheduled, it will be the former. I'm beyond grateful if it does work out like that for us. We'll see. Are you doing the same? Ergo, when will you arrive in Moscow for the interview? Obviously it depends on what's available, I realize that. I'll PM you my local number and if you're in Moscow while we're still here, then yeah, it's always cool to meet other VJers in person.

Ksenia/anyone: Elena and I are alone in Moscow, save for my Volga car buddies. What I mean by that is that we have no help with our son. So if I go to the interview we will need to take our son in our stroller, etc. just like we did for the CRBA. Does anyone know if that is acceptable? I think it is, but.........wanted to check.

6/16/15 - Medical

Hello Everybody,

i am finally sitting infront of my visajourney and looking at the updates.. hopefully tomorrow i will start looking at the interview slots.. i am thinking about calling medical place first to see if they have dates available than i will look at interview date.. what do you think?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.