Saylin

NVC Filers - May 2015

701 posts in this topic

Welcome to another monthly thread for those going through NVC. Good luck to all! Please read everything below and refer to it throughout your NVC journey, whether this is your first month at NVC or your third :idea:

This thread is strictly for questions and progress. If you want to rant about this ridiculous process, please do so in this side thread here.

NVC will be closed on the following day due to federal holidays: Monday, May 25th. They are open every other business day (Monday-Friday) this month.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before posting questions, please read the wiki I wrote on the NVC process here. Once you're done, read it one or two more times to really understand it ;) Don't forget to also read the official form instructions as well as USCIS and NVC's websites!
For up to date time frames, you can view my spreadsheet here. If you'd like to add/update your entry, please fill out the form here. Please be aware if something is wrong with your request form submission, I issue my own version of a checklist. So please read the instructions I wrote on the request form very carefully.
If you want to see a visual of the NVC process, please view my flowchart here.
I will be much less active in answering posts in these monthly threads, so don't bother asking me questions directly and please don't send me PMs with questions. If you send me a PM with a question that can be posted here, I will NOT reply. Just post them here for everyone to see and someone will come along to answer. Remember to be patient (re: just post once and wait) ;)

And if for whatever reason, you can't find the answer, try searching both on this website and on Google. It's amazing what you can find if you search ;)

If you're wondering about time frames, I've got a spreadsheet available for a reason ;) And if that doesn't help, look at the fellow members right here in this thread! Study their signatures/timelines and make notes. VJ also has this awesome page. Use it! I sure did during my process :)

And once you've got a case complete, please join Dwheels's case complete/interview thread (currently June), here.

Also, please read Kanuk's post full of advice and observations, found here.

Edited by Saylin

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Here's to a quick CC for all of us waiting!

Question for those who are slugging through this alongside me - I submitted my DS-261 on the 15th and have yet to have it reviewed. Anyone else still waiting? Should I call? Getting anxious seeing all these CCs in 10-22 days.

September 29, 2012 - First met through a writing forum
January 5, 2014 - Engaged!
June 27, 2014 - Married!

USCIS:
September 23, 2014 - Sent off I-130 package
September 29, 2014 - Priority Date
September 30, 2014 - NOA1
March 26, 2015 - NOA2
April 2, 2015 - Case shipped to NVC

NVC:
April 13, 2015 - Case Number/IIN received
April 15, 2015 - DS-261 submitted
April 15, 2015 - AOS fee paid
April 21, 2015 - AOS package submitted
April 21, 2015 - IV package submitted
April 21, 2015 - Scan date

April 30, 2015 - DS-261 reviewed over the phone

May 12, 2015 - IV fee paid (late due to "EP lock")
May 13, 2015 - DS-260 submitted

May 27, 2015 - AOS/IV packages still not reviewed, flagged for supervisor review

July 10, 2015 - Supervisor review does nothing, flagged for unit manager review
August 11, 2015 - Case Complete!

Interview:

October 6, 2015 - Medical

October 13, 2015 - Interview date (AP - need to submit copy of 2014 W2)
October 21, 2015 - Visa status changed to "READY" and then a few hours later "ISSUED"

October 28, 2015 - Passport received (was available for pickup Oct. 27)
October 28, 2015 - POE fee paid
October 30, 2015 - POE!

After POE:
November 9, 2015 - Received SSN (checked off option to apply on forms)
December 1, 2015 - Received Green Card

Question for those who are slugging through this alongside me - I submitted my DS-261 on the 15th and have yet to have it reviewed. Anyone else still waiting? Should I call? Getting anxious seeing all these CCs in 10-22 days.

I'd suggest calling up and seeing if you can get it reviewed while you're on the phone with them. People in previous months have had success with this method. If the operator is unwilling, then just try again :)

Timeline

I'd suggest calling up and seeing if you can get it reviewed while you're on the phone with them. People in previous months have had success with this method. If the operator is unwilling, then just try again :)

Thanks Saylin! I've been dragging my feet to call because I know they ask for 30 days to review the DS-261, but with case reviews coming as quickly as they are I've been chomping at the bit to get my IV fee paid and submit my DS-260. Guess I know what I'm going to be doing for the next hour or so ;)

June 27, 2014 - Married!

USCIS:
March 26, 2015 - NOA2

NVC:

May 27, 2015 - AOS/IV packages still not reviewed, flagged for supervisor review

Interview:

October 21, 2015 - Visa status changed to "READY" and then a few hours later "ISSUED"

October 30, 2015 - POE!

After POE:

Hi Saylin, thank you so much for all your help, especially in creating this forum. My husband paid our AOS fee last Sunday, but there's no development until now. CEAC's website said to wait 2-3 days but it has been more than that. It still says unpaid when I checked our status. Does it really take this long? Or should we start calling NVC?

Thanks Saylin! I've been dragging my feet to call because I know they ask for 30 days to review the DS-261, but with case reviews coming as quickly as they are I've been chomping at the bit to get my IV fee paid and submit my DS-260. Guess I know what I'm going to be doing for the next hour or so ;)

Worst they can say is no ;) So definitely worth a shot!

Hi Saylin, thank you so much for all your help, especially in creating this forum. My husband paid our AOS fee last Sunday, but there's no development until now. CEAC's website said to wait 2-3 days but it has been more than that. It still says unpaid when I checked our status. Does it really take this long? Or should we start calling NVC?

Oh yeah, if you paid on Sunday, I'd definitely give them a call and see what's going on. Has the fee been deducted from your husband's bank account, or at least popped up as a pending transaction?

Hi everyone! Our aos fee just got paid. How long will it take for us to wait so I can filled up the ds260? NVC sent me an email saying ds261 will be reviewed within 42 days. I filled up our ds261 on April 2, 2015.

Oh yeah, if you paid on Sunday, I'd definitely give them a call and see what's going on. Has the fee been deducted from your husband's bank account, or at least popped up as a pending transaction?

Money is still in the bank! I'm pretty sure calling NVC would be my husband's utmost priority tomorrow. ?

Money is still in the bank! I'm pretty sure calling NVC would be my husband's utmost priority tomorrow. ?

Is he sure he entered all the numbers correctly? I find it weird that it's not even showing as a pending transaction yet after all this time.

Is he sure he entered all the numbers correctly? I find it weird that it's not even showing as a pending transaction yet after all this time.

Hubby is pretty sure he entered all the right numbers. He's so calm about it because the NVC website is saying to give their office 5 days to clear payments, while I'm ready to pull my hair out of its roots!! We'll probably know more tomorrow! ?

I had success calling them every night. I started 1 week after we submitted the DS-261 and on the fourth night they gave up and reviewed it for us over the phone. I would thank them when they told me 30 days and said "Okay talk to you tomorrow" they laughed. All kidding aside... I did call every night and had it reviewed in 11 days total.

I-751 Removal of Conditions

4/15/17: I-751 Packet sent to CSC 
4/18/17: CSC Received
5/04/17: Check Cashed
5/05/17: NOA
5/11/17: Biometrics Notice Received
5/26/17: Biometrics Appointment
4/18/18: Still Pending - Extension Stamp in Passport good for 6 months
8/25/18: Received an 18 month extension in the mail
12/20/18: Case Transferred from CA to NBC
5/9/2019: I 751 interview - was scheduled as a combo N400 - they said no N400 technical difficulties 
5/9/2019: Printing new 10 year Green Card
5/10/2019: Case status changed to - Your Case was Approved

N 400 Application / Submitted Online
Application Support Center: Las Vegas, NV
4/19/18: N400 Application Submitted Online - $725 fee paid
4/20/18: Biometrics Notice Received (Online)
5/04/18: Biometrics Completed / Early Walk In - Scheduled appointment was for 5/11/18 ( estimated completion March 2019 10 months)
4/12/19: In Line notification for Testing and Interview - May 30th 
5/01/19: USCIS De Scheduled Interview
5/02/19: Interview Scheduled - June 11th
5/08/19: USCIS De Scheduled Interview
5/09/19: Combo I751 and N400 - Could not conduct the N400 today due to technical difficulties. 
5/10/19: Interview date scheduled - June 28th
6/28/19: N400 Interview
7/26/19: 🇺🇸 Oath Ceremony  🇺🇸

Timeline

I had success calling them every night. I started 1 week after we submitted the DS-261 and on the fourth night they gave up and reviewed it for us over the phone. I would thank them when they told me 30 days and said "Okay talk to you tomorrow" they laughed. All kidding aside... I did call every night and had it reviewed in 11 days total.

Thanks for the advice Saylin and Elle. Just got off the phone with Darius, tha deal MVP of the NVC, who very nicely reviewed my DS-261 with me. Took all of a minute. Very glad I didn't have to keep calling back - the thought of those long distance bills make me shudder. :P He told me it'd be about a week until we received instruction for the IV fee - does this sound right? Elle, from your signature it looks like three days, which was what I was expecting. Anyone know if that includes weekends? I check the payment portal obsessively anyway, so I'll catch it as soon as it comes in, but I was just curious as to what to expect.

June 27, 2014 - Married!

USCIS:
March 26, 2015 - NOA2

NVC:

Interview:

October 30, 2015 - POE!

After POE:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My third month at NVC, should have been done since March 25th. but after waiting for 56 days, I got CL, which delayed me till April 15, when another CL hit me. I hope this month of May will be my last month By the Grace of God Almighty.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.