justanea

Can I use 2015 prepaid taxes (new biz) to establish support for my fiance?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

She's a Filipina and I did not make the needed 20k last year. But I"m going to make it this year, very soon now, and I"d like to use that quarterly prepayment as meeting the income requirment, if possible? thanks.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~duplicate thread removed~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

No you cannot use a 2015 taxes since its not finalized. Refer to the poverty guidelines at http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/ilink/docView/SLB/DATAOBJECTS/I_864P.pdf If only you and your fiancee, u need to make only 18k to meet the poverty guidlines. They might ask or not regarding your income at the time of your fiancee interview from previous year. My fiancee just finish her interview 2 days ago and the CO didn't even bother asking my i-134 or income earnings. Usually they need your income earnings when you file for AOS. Goodluck.

She's a Filipina and I did not make the needed 20k last year. But I"m going to make it this year, very soon now, and I"d like to use that quarterly prepayment as meeting the income requirment, if possible? thanks.

Edited by GaRaS

N-400:

08/04/2018 - Online Application Completed!

ROC @ CSC:

06/08/2018 - Mailed Application at USPS.

06/09/2018 - Delivered at USPS P.O. Box.

06/25/2018 - Check has been cashed.

06/25/2018 - NOA1 (USPS).

03/08/2019 - Case Txt/Email Notification for activity.

03/08/2019 - Fingerprint Waived.

03/18/2019 - Letter Notification Received for Biometrics waived.

06/03/2019 - Received Biometrics appointment notice  (usps). (notice date 05/24/2019)

06/04/2019 - Sent request to reschedule biometrics appt for 1 day delivery using usps since wife is out of the country.

06/05/2019 - ASC center received request to reschedule biometrics.

07/23/2019 - We ordered your new card online status!

07/24/2019 - Case Approved online status.

07/31/2019 - Received Green Card!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, It is possible.

I have CO's in Philippines approve with neither person working, It's all up to the CO

Timeline

hmm, that's a bit strange/risky for the CO to allow immigration with no income. But thanks for the hope! :-) My fiance has no income, but she's a nursing student. She can get loans grants, as can I, and I get SS retirement and VA disability. So we get free VA medical care, which is the big risk, really. She'll be an LPN in a year, and we'll then move wherevr VA has a job for her.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes you can use current income with the I-134, just make sure to provide adequate documentation.

Philippines forum http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

No you cannot use a 2015 taxes since its not finalized. Refer to the poverty guidelines at http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/ilink/docView/SLB/DATAOBJECTS/I_864P.pdf If only you and your fiancee, u need to make only 18k to meet the poverty guidlines. They might ask or not regarding your income at the time of your fiancee interview from previous year. My fiancee just finish her interview 2 days ago and the CO didn't even bother asking my i-134 or income earnings. Usually they need your income earnings when you file for AOS. Goodluck.

The poverty guidelines have gone up, here are the new guidelines http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864p.pdf

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

I don't see what "finalized" has to do with it, if you've got the 20k income, and already paid the quarterly taxes on it. thats the same thing as working a strraight job for the year. YOu've made the 20k and paid the taxes on it, so why would a CO care about it being "final". If you've made that much in 6 months, you're better able to support your woman than a guy who takes all year to make that much, and they accept the latter, easily enough.

You've got a point but thats not the way it works. CO always ask your last year income with documentation from IRS mostly using form i-134, Even though u've met already the poverty guidelines for 2015 this is only a proof of ur current income. As i stated from my previous post they might ask or not your i-134 and ur current income.

I don't see what "finalized" has to do with it, if you've got the 20k income, and already paid the quarterly taxes on it. thats the same thing as working a strraight job for the year. YOu've made the 20k and paid the taxes on it, so why would a CO care about it being "final". If you've made that much in 6 months, you're better able to support your woman than a guy who takes all year to make that much, and they accept the latter, easily enough.

N-400:

ROC @ CSC:

06/03/2019 - Received Biometrics appointment notice  (usps). (notice date 05/24/2019)

06/04/2019 - Sent request to reschedule biometrics appt for 1 day delivery using usps since wife is out of the country.

Thank u for the correction.

The poverty guidelines have gone up, here are the new guidelines http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864p.pdf

N-400:

ROC @ CSC:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

No, you need income verification......like pay summaries and employer's letters.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

I am currently self employed. the biz is currently doing really well. Can someone explain please? Do I need the income verification right from the beginning to get the visa itself, or is that requirement only at the point of "adjustment of status".? In the months in between those 2 occurrences, I will have plenty of money, from the look of things, and I need my Fiance here to help "grow" this biz. Thanks for your help! Also, she's in nursing college and her semester ends in Sept 2015. Once her fiance visa is issued, does she have a time limit during which she must utilize that visa? Thanks again,

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am currently self employed. the biz is currently doing really well. Can someone explain please? Do I need the income verification right from the beginning to get the visa itself, or is that requirement only at the point of "adjustment of status".? In the months in between those 2 occurrences, I will have plenty of money, from the look of things, and I need my Fiance here to help "grow" this biz. Thanks for your help! Also, she's in nursing college and her semester ends in Sept 2015. Once her fiance visa is issued, does she have a time limit during which she must utilize that visa? Thanks again,

6 months after her medical is when the visa expires to come to USA. Let her finish college there. Depending on the state she probably will not have to take her local Board exam to become a RN in philppines and it will be waived and she can sit for NCLEX in USA.

CO as of the last few months has not been requesting I-134 or paystubs on many interviews.

I would think you will be good to go if you show your latest income payment to IRS and I would also provide a letter stating that you own your own business and provide DBA or LLC or whatever as back up.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.