Ouray777

"At least 60 days" to review documents

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I wish someone could tell me what has happened to NVC?

About 2 years ago to date, our documents were at NVC, for less than 48 hours, them forwarded to the embassy in Manila. (no expedite) no problems.,.,the guy I talked to told me when they got the

petition, and when it would be forwarded to Manila. It was less than 48 hours! Had my case number.,.,.and no problems.

What has happened since? Now, half the questions on this site is about delays at NVC. What has happened? Why has it happened?

NVC is as bad, almost as USCIS, with its processing.

All theses members, telling there stories, about NVC, huge mistakes, and wait times that were ridiculous, and wrong. It would seem that NVC has become the new """TSC"""!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Probably not going to update their letter. I would rather be told 60 days and finish in 30 days, then be told 30 days and finish in 60 days.

Actually, yea, you're right. When I read that email, my heart hit the floor. Later when I learned it's outdated, and the average review time is much less lately, I felt like doing jumping jacks. I would really hate for those two reactions to be in reverse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I wish someone could tell me what has happened to NVC?

About 2 years ago to date, our documents were at NVC, for less than 48 hours, them forwarded to the embassy in Manila. (no expedite) no problems.,.,the guy I talked to told me when they got the

petition, and when it would be forwarded to Manila. It was less than 48 hours! Had my case number.,.,.and no problems.

What has happened since? Now, half the questions on this site is about delays at NVC. What has happened? Why has it happened?

NVC is as bad, almost as USCIS, with its processing.

All theses members, telling there stories, about NVC, huge mistakes, and wait times that were ridiculous, and wrong. It would seem that NVC has become the new """TSC"""!!!!!!!!!!!

I know an elderly man who told me, when he married his wife while serving in the Philippines, all he had to do was fill out the paperwork and she came home with him. I understand why immigration is much more careful these days, but c'mon, the wait times really are over the top! I take a look at how long the latest approved couples took from start to finish, and it's astonishing how long most of them have waited.

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Sorry to hear trustG, I am on the same boat, 45 days so far. I have seen people move within 30 days. I called NVC last week, and they said that after 30 days you can assign your case to a supervisor. I did, and so far it has been almost 2 weeks and still nothing. I plan to call them again tomorrow unless I hear something today.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Andres&lina , same as I moved our case to supervisor's review last week, our other documents has been reviewed already only a checklist for my 2014 tax returns is all that they need to review and it's taking them forever, we're newly married and I left my husband a week after our marriage ceremony and came back to start the process thinking it will only take five months like they have posted on their processing time page,we're in six months now and yet nothing has been done. I'm really worrying about my husband and it giving me sleepless night.

Same boat as you guys, SD of April 24 for responding to a checklist. Today marks day 45. Was told a supervisor picked it up on Thursday of last week, so hopefully some time this week we get a CC good news. Was hoping my wife would be here in June but now little to no chance of that. July maybe? At least our interview in Manila is expedited but have to get CC before we can begin that part of things.

Timeline

Any movement for you guys at nvc? My aos checklist corrections were sent April 24. So 48 days and counting..... with a supervisor since may 28. By the way, does anyone know how to check the status aside from calling?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Andres&lina I got our cc yesterday on the phone and I check ceac also we got 3 N/A's. Praise be to God, because yesterday was our 43rd day waiting, so I hope u will also get cc soon, keep calling them that's what I did, sometimes I call twice a day, they move it with a supervisor on June 2 last Tuesday, but by God's grace our case completed yesterday June 10.

www.ceac.state.gov.

Timeline

That is awesome, I am very happy for you and really hope that you can be with your loved one very soon. I hope then that my cc gets here very soon. This are great news

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Greetings to u all waiting for CC is my 24 working days waiting for cc.I ricive a checklist for police cert and birth cert SD is May 12th ,my calld 3 days in a week d representative tell us we shld b riciving our CC today 12 june......I don't want to belive dis until I ricive mail stating CC.checklist review shldnt be a 60,45 or 30 days to complete.dis agency need to double up there service.this waiting is killing

Timeline

Finally, after 54 day my nvc case got approved. My aos checklist got approved. It is a happy day. I hope the rest of you guys are getting approvals too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.