876 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

me too. nerve-wracking

are the nyc officers tougher?

You talk about nerve-wracking ?

I sent my Package on the 5th and it's hasn't arrived to the US as of yet.

Marriage

06/20/2010: Met Online

09/05/2012: Marriage in Pretoria, South Africa

I-130

03/24/2013: Package I-130 was sent to Chicago Lockbox
04/01/2013: NOA1 Hard Copy
07/26/2013: Infopass
07/30/2013: RFE Received
08/05/2013: RFE Sent
05/01/2014: NOA2 Hard Copy

The process took almost 14 months (well ... that really sucks)

AOS

05/05/2014: Package I-485, I-765 and I-131 Sent
05/16/2014: NOA1 Hard Copy( I-765, I-485 )

05/28/2014: Biometric Appointment ( 15 days earlier than scheduled )

06/04/2014: RFE ( Sponsor's Proof of Employment )

06/06/2014: RFE Sent

07/30/2014: EAD/AP Received

09/23/2014: Interview

10/03/2014: Case Approved
10/09/2014: GC Received (10 YRS)

N-400

Qualified by 319b

05/02/2015: Fingerprints in the US embassy

05/04/2015: N-400 sent

05/19/2015: Cash checked

05/21/2015: NOA1

06/08/2015: In-Line for an Interview

07/21/2015: Interview

07/21/2015: Oath Ceremony ... I'm a U.S. Citizen

Not sure why my date was changed, but my NOA date is listed at May 6th.

N-400: May 2015 Applicants

======================================
USCIS Dallas/Lewisville, Texas Lockbox

UserName.........|GC-Date.|Sent.|Cashd|NOA..|Fprints.|In Line..|YellowLtr|Int ltr..|Intview..|Oath.....|Field Office

Alex and Sofya...|07/12/12|04/27|05/01|05/05|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Philadelphia, PA

jacobson00.......|--/--/--|04/27|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|New York, NY

RaRe.............|12/02/08|04/29|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|New York, NY

Kaskada..........|07/30/12|04/30|05/07|05/06|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Philadelphia, PA

Gnagnagna........|--/--/--|05/04|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|??,??

YJPlove..........|08/03/12|05/07|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Newark, NJ

================================
USCIS Phoenix, Arizona Lockbox

UserName.........|GC-Date.|Sent.|Cashd|NOA..|Fprints.|In Line..|YellowLtr|Int Ltr..|Intview..|Oath.....|Field Office
kittens_0117.....|06/07/10|05/02|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|St Paul, MN

honolulu96815....|06/27/10|05/06|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Honolulu, HI

===========================================================================
USCIS Lincoln, Nebraska Lockbox (Filing Under 319b, 328, or 329 of the INA)
UserName.........|GC-Date.|Sent.|Cashd|NOA..|Fprints.|In Line..|YellowLtr|Int Ltr..|Intview..|Oath.....|Field Office

Achraf...........|10/03/14|05/04|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Fairfax, VA

Instructions for adding/updating yourself (or assisting others) to this list:
1. DO NOT DELETE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
2. Please make sure you are using Rich Text Editor as your message setting.
3. Click "Quote" on the most recent/updated posting version of this list.
4. Remove the "Quote Coding" at the top and bottom of the list.
5. Always use [Courier New] Font and font size.[12]
6. Make changes and Add Reply.
7. Red Font="I'm A United States Citizen"!

Legend:

GC-Date: The 'Resident Since' Date located on your first green card
Sent: Date N-400 was mailed to USCIS
Cashd: Date your check was cashed by USCIS
NOA: Date you received the official I-797 notification in the mail about case acceptance

Fprints: Date assigned for fingerprinting
In Line: Date you received e-notification about your interview date
YellowLtr: Date you received the yellow letter in the mail. This is not your interview letter!
Int Ltr: Date you received the official letter in the mail regarding interview
Intview: Date of your interview
Oath: Date Oath taken
Field Office: Your local USCIS office where you would be doing the N-400 interview

2015 US Passport Application Tracker List

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Not sure why my date was changed, but my NOA date is listed at May 6th.

UserName.........|GC-Date.|Sent.|Cashd|NOA..|Fprints.|In Line..|YellowLtr|Int ltr..|Intview..|Oath.....|Field Office

Kaskada..........|07/30/12|04/30|05/07|05/06|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Philadelphia, PA

NOA: Date you received the official I-797 notification in the mail about case acceptance

Hi Kaskada, You need the date you received your NOA in the mail (05/11) not the Receipt date printed or listed on your NOA (like is the case with I-751 filers)! Thanks.

Filed: Other Timeline

We are eligible to file my husband's n-400 based on the 3-year marriage rule on May 15th. As I am looking over the instructions, I see that the only evidence required to submit with the application is the 2 photographs and a copy of his permanent resident card. Just so I am clear... We don't need to send any evidence like we have in the past regarding proof of our relationship? All we need are those two things?

Update: Nevermind... I answered my own questions. After searching on the USCIS website, I came across a different list.

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/citizenship-and-naturalization-based-forms/document-checklist-form-n-400-application-naturalization

Edited by ashwnzl

We are eligible to file my husband's n-400 based on the 3-year marriage rule on May 15th. As I am looking over the instructions, I see that the only evidence required to submit with the application is the 2 photographs and a copy of his permanent resident card. Just so I am clear... We don't need to send any evidence like we have in the past regarding proof of our relationship? All we need are those two things?

Update: Nevermind... I answered my own questions. After searching on the USCIS website, I came across a different list.

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/citizenship-and-naturalization-based-forms/document-checklist-form-n-400-application-naturalization

Yeah, I sent pretty much what was asked for in the checklist. The other stuff you can bring to the interview. Good luck!

Personal Timeline

N400 JOURNEY

2015/05/02 - sent N-400 packet to USCIS [Day 0] (Saturday mail)

2015/05/12 - check cashed [Day 10]
2015/05/15 - I-797C NOA received [Day 13]

2015/06/01 - biometrics appointment [Day 29]

2015/09/10 - interview appointment [Day 131] - pending N-14 add'l evidence req'd

2015/11/17 - oath taking [Day 169]

GC/ROC JOURNEY

(In essence of keeping my signature short, please check my Timeline)

AOS JOURNEY

Checked cashed today - whoooo! Not sure if you guys have straightened out Kaskada's info, but I took the copy from the latest post.

Alex and Sofya...|07/12/12|04/27|05/01|05/05|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Philadelphia, PA

jacobson00.......|--/--/--|04/27|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|New York, NY

RaRe.............|12/02/08|04/29|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|New York, NY

Gnagnagna........|--/--/--|05/04|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|??,??

YJPlove..........|08/03/12|05/07|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Newark, NJ

kittens_0117.....|06/07/10|05/02|05/12|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|St Paul, MN

honolulu96815....|06/27/10|05/06|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Honolulu, HI

Achraf...........|10/03/14|05/04|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Fairfax, VA

Legend:

YellowLtr: Date you received the yellow letter in the mail. This is not your interview letter!
Field Office: Your local USCIS office where you would be doing the N-400 interview

Personal Timeline

N400 JOURNEY

2015/09/10 - interview appointment [Day 131] - pending N-14 add'l evidence req'd

GC/ROC JOURNEY

AOS JOURNEY

Check cashed today 5-13-15.

NATURALIZATION

GC-Date: 08-03-2012

Sent: 05-07-2015
Cashd: 05-13-2015
NOA: 05-12-2015

Fprints: 06-01-2015
In Line: 07-06-2015
Int Ltr: 08-17-2015
Intview: 09-16-2015
Oath: 09-16-2015
Field Office: Newark, NJ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

YJPlove's info updated!

Kaskada..........|07/30/12|04/30|05/07|05/11|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Philadelphia, PA

YJPlove..........|08/03/12|05/07|05/13|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Newark, NJ

kittens_0117.....|06/07/10|05/02|05/12|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|St Paul, MN

Legend:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Please add my details as follows

GC-Date: 4/20/2010
Sent: 05/07/2015

Cashd: Sent Money Order no way of knowing if cashed

NOA: Waiting

Fprints: Waiting
In Line: Waiting
YellowLtr: Waiting
Int Ltr: Waiting
Intview: Waiting

Oath: Waiting
Field Office: Newark, NJ

Timeline

Hi Everyone , I have sent my n400 application on 8th of May which was delivered on 11th May. Can someone please add my name on the table as well ?

GC DATE : 12/2/2011.

Also I have a situation I would really appreciate if someone could answer me. This is the first time I have applied without any lawyer's service so freaking out a little.

So the Situation is, I have always lived in Virginia and I still live there but for a work assignment I had to come to California for about three months and since its so far away I can't make regular visits to Virginia.

My question is I heard there is some kind of state rule I am not sure if it impacts me or not.

Please note I still have my apartment registered in Virginia and my wife is living there, I got utilities which I still pay for water,gas,power and pretty much everything is registered on that address and have a state id as well.

Does anybody think the state residence requirement will impact my n400? ( I have sent my n400 to Dallas facility which is meant of Virginia,D.C residents)

Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi Everyone , I have sent my n400 application on 8th of May which was delivered on 11th May. Can someone please add my name on the table as well ?

Also I have a situation I would really appreciate if someone could answer me. This is the first time I have applied without any lawyer's service so freaking out a little.

So the Situation is, I have always lived in Virginia and I still live there but for a work assignment I had to come to California for about three months and since its so far away I can't make regular visits to Virginia.

My question is I heard there is some kind of state rule I am not sure if it impacts me or not.

Please note I still have my apartment registered in Virginia and my wife is living there, I got utilities which I still pay for water,gas,power and pretty much everything is registered on that address and have a state id as well.

Does anybody think the state residence requirement will impact my n400? ( I have sent my n400 to Dallas facility which is meant of Virginia,D.C residents)

Thank you!

You need to have been a resident of the state in which you applied for 3 months prior to filing your application.

If you applied based on your Virginia address, you'll be OK... just in case, be ready to show that you are only in CA on a temporary assignment (temporary lease, hotel bills, VA residence documents).

You'll be scheduled for biometrics, interview, and oath in VA.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Thank you!

Check this link http://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship/citizenship-through-naturalization/guide-naturalization Chapter 4. Find the chart where you are applicable to, I think most of the State continuous residency requirements just requires you to have resided in that same District/State at least 3 months prior to filing to that District/State. Assuming you have resided in Virginia for at least 3 months, and interviewing at that same District, I think you're good.

Personal Timeline

N400 JOURNEY

GC/ROC JOURNEY

AOS JOURNEY

Updating with ron1305 and C_May2015's info, feel free to update or correct.

Kaskada..........|07/30/12|04/30|05/07|05/11|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Philadelphia, PA

YJPlove..........|08/03/12|05/07|05/13|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Newark, NJ

ron1305..........|12/02/11|05/08|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Washington DC

C_May2015........|04/20/10|05/07|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Newark, NJ

Legend:

Personal Timeline

N400 JOURNEY

GC/ROC JOURNEY

AOS JOURNEY

Timeline

You need to have been a resident of the state in which you applied for 3 months prior to filing your application.

If you applied based on your Virginia address, you'll be OK... just in case, be ready to show that you are only in CA on a temporary assignment (temporary lease, hotel bills, VA residence documents).

You'll be scheduled for biometrics, interview, and oath in VA.

Thank you JimmyHou for your response , This particular scenario is so confusing to me, I once asked a lawyer on phone in Cali as a friendly advise and he said it " The term state referred to something different which I don't recollect now. But he said it should be fine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.