Jump to content

I-134 form - do i need to list my son as a dependant

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

If he is fully dependent upon you, state so and if partially dependent, state so, regardless of whats on your tax return. If he is a minor it is recommended that you at least put him as partailly dependent even if he does not rely upon you for support.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do i need to list my son as a dependent on the I-134 even if he is only living with me part time and i dont claim him on my Federal Income Taxes?

Minor children are your dependents and counted in your household size no matter where they live or who claims them on their taxes.

I pay maintenace to an ex - do I need to list that?

If you do not claim your ex on your taxes as a dependent, then no, they are not your dependent and not included in your household size.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ%20-%20Ciudad%20Juarez.pdf

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.