jells91

Evidence for the Second Interview for i 751

17 posts in this topic

Okay, so hear it goes!

My husband and I are going to our second (and hopefully ) final interview for the i751 next month. We just got notified today, after about 3 years from our first interview.

We do not live together. I am still a student, graduating this year!, and he lives with his parent.

This is a bona fide relationship. I love him very much and I am very scared of the thought of him being deported. The only reason we are filing is because his parents never correctly documented him when he came up when he was six years old.

We have credit cards, bank accounts, and he is on my 401k.

We have a cell phone plan together. We have had all of this since 2010 and 2011.

Because of his status, its really hard for him to find a good job, so we do not travel. He was going to join the military, but his immigration is holding him up. We have proof that he had all intentions of joining.

We have about 5 affidavits supporting our relationship as well.

I am not very photogenic and we do not travel (because I am still in school), we did buy plane tickets for Texas to visit good friends together in August. And we plan on doing so much now that I am out of school.

I am on his car insurance.

We talk every morning and every night. honestly he is my only friend, and the only person I hang out with. What else would I need to prove our relationship is bona fide?

He is 23 and I am 27, and he is from Jamaica if that helps. Our first interview was okay, the lady said she believes us, but needs a bit more proof. I feel as if we are in the same boat as before.

Any advice will be so helpful. Thank you in advance!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

What are you bringing that you didn't bring to the first interview?

I think the living apart is what is killing you guys, it's the first thing that jumped out at me- and I don't even live with my husband. Are your plans to live together after you're graduation? If so, is there anyway to delay the interview until after you have a lease together?

I get that you say you aren't photogenic but I think not having alot of pictures would also hurt. I hate how I look in pictures sometimes but you gotta suck it up and put on your biggest smile. Spend the time between now and the interview going on road trips to different parts of your town and hanging out with family and friends in your area and take pictures.

09/27/14 Married :content:

12/03/14 Became a US citizen :star:

. .

02/25/15 130 Petition sent

02/27/15 NOA1 date :clock:

07/23/15 NOA2 date

08/03/15 Mailed to NVC

08/07/15 NVC Received

08/19/15 Case number assigned, submitted DS-261

08/20/15 Paid AOS bill

08/25/15 Received welcome letter

08/25/15 Sent AOS & IV package

08/31/15 DS-261 reviewed

08/31/15 AOS & IV scan date confirmed by Sup.

09/02/15 Received IV bill by email

09/03/15 Paid IV bill

09/09/15 Submitted DS-260

09/17/15 Case Completed @ NVC

10/06/15 Expedite Request sent to NVC

11/12/15 Contacted Sen. Marco Rubio for assistance with expedite by email

11/19/15 Expedite Approved

12/9/15 Medical

12/11/15 Interview (Approved)

12/14/15 CEAC Status changed to AP

12/15/15 CEAC Status Changed to Issued

12/18/15 Picked up Passport & booked hubby's ticket.

12/31/15 Ring in the New Years together after 4 years!!!! :dancing:

event.png

Brining new? The plane tickets, more bank statements...

He is in the motions of getting his own place. He should be moved in after the interview. I can prove that. I'm not sure about delaying it any further. I will ask him if we can.

Is there anything else we can do?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from AOS/Family-Based main forum to the Removing Conditions forum -- OP refers to the I-751. ***

[Moderator hat off]

Consider crafting wills, medical powers of attorney, and similar documents. These make excellent evidence for ROC, and they're even more crucial to have in "life."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

You better to have tons of proof that you see him often,just phone calls won't be enough proof.

USCIS does not care if you travel to visit places or friends with your husband, they care if you see EACH OTHER OFTEN!. He needs to prepare himself to explain to USCIS why he could not live with you until now, I bet they will ask that.I know you are a student, but he is not.

Timeline

More bank statements and a trip planned after the interview aren’t going to change their minds. You literally need to walk in with like triple the proof you had before. If I was your interviewer I’d want to see holiday pictures, dates pictures, train and plane receipts showing you guys actually see each other and a lot more.

That living apart is a huge hurdle to overcome. I'm not trying to be mean or scare you but just looking at it from the outside, there's cause for concern. He's working on moving out of his parents’ home but instead of you two moving in together, he's getting his own place. I get you’re a student but why can’t you guys get an off campus apartment together? Why didn’t you wait until you could actually be together to get married? If he’s going military, shouldn’t you be trying to spend as much time with him now before he joins and possibly gets deployed? Those are the questions I’d be asking.

Not sure where you are from but I see your Jamaican flag so I assume that’s where he is from. Unfortunately it’s a high risk country where marriage fraud is common. I’ve known my hubby for 15 years and went to high school with him and I still get ppl asking if I’m sure it’s real. Imagine being an officer who has seen plenty of fraudulent cases and then has to look at your marriage. Try to evaluate your living arrangements and see if it’s possible to change them.

. .

07/23/15 NOA2 date

08/03/15 Mailed to NVC

08/07/15 NVC Received

08/20/15 Paid AOS bill

08/31/15 DS-261 reviewed

09/03/15 Paid IV bill

12/9/15 Medical

event.png

Thank you so much for replying!!!!

Because of his immigration he cannot join the military. He really wanted to, but he couldn't.

We see each other often, but how can we prove it. Ticket stubs, dinner receipts? Those could be for anyone and anything.

I plan on joining him... When he moves out. But i have over 50k in student loans and a part time job. Can we both afford to move out? The place he is moving to is income based. With both of our income it will raise the apartment and I'm sure I can't pay that plus my soon to be 500 monthly payments on my loans.

I like he wills and stuff. But... I know it's not enough.

When I think about it, we did have a stokes interview. It was about 44 minutes but it was one. It didn't seem invasive or anything. I thought it was normal...

Please. Anymore suggestions is awesome. I really appreciate it. Thank you.

A stokes interview is being interviewed alone and they see if your answers match.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

That's what they did. First me, then him. It wasn't as evasive and "cruel" from what I hear, but questions like bathroom color and bedroom location were asked....

Should I just prepare for another stokes? If we get the stokes and pass, will he still get his 10 year green card?

Timeline

After the interview did they tell you that you failed? Or did you discuss it with him and see where your answers differed?

. .

07/23/15 NOA2 date

08/03/15 Mailed to NVC

08/07/15 NVC Received

08/20/15 Paid AOS bill

08/31/15 DS-261 reviewed

09/03/15 Paid IV bill

12/9/15 Medical

event.png

We did not fail. I only got one question wrong. We passed and he got his two year residential. That was three years ago. Now this is the final one, as the letter indicated. The other one was very smooth and easy.

Here is a little more background on our situation.

I am a college student, born and raised in America. We met when we were still in high school, fell in love, etc...

Because of his situation.... it is extremely hard for him to find decent employment. He ranges from fast food, to industry, line work, and etc... He was ready and set to go to the military a few months ago, but they said his condital residence needed to extend two years... He wants to go to school after this and whatever.... He works very hard to save his money and provide for us...

Can we say that's the reason why we cannot move out? I mean last year he only made 20k... I made a little over that, but I have school to pay for.

Plane tickets, I can get pictures arranged, bank and credit card statements for the last 2-3 years, I am on his car insurance, I am on his life insurance, he is on my 401k. He is on government health care. On his apartment, my name is listed as future live-in. Just not at the moment. But if I need to change that, I will. I can print out his military, completed application.... if that is useful....

After reading all of this... I am sure we are going to have the Stokes interview again. Should I just prepare for that as well?

Timeline

My apologies. When you said second interview, I thought you meant you went in with the proof you had and they denied you.

Were you living together when you went for the conditional. I think the only issue you should have is proving that although you live apart it's 1) for a good reason and 2) you do see each other often.

. .

07/23/15 NOA2 date

08/03/15 Mailed to NVC

08/07/15 NVC Received

08/20/15 Paid AOS bill

08/31/15 DS-261 reviewed

09/03/15 Paid IV bill

12/9/15 Medical

event.png

Filed: Timeline

Here is a little more background on our situation.

I am a college student, born and raised in America. We met when we were still in high school, fell in love, etc...

Because of his situation.... it is extremely hard for him to find decent employment. He ranges from fast food, to industry, line work, and etc... He was ready and set to go to the military a few months ago, but they said his condital residence needed to extend two years... He wants to go to school after this and whatever.... He works very hard to save his money and provide for us...

Can we say that's the reason why we cannot move out? I mean last year he only made 20k... I made a little over that, but I have school to pay for.

Plane tickets, I can get pictures arranged, bank and credit card statements for the last 2-3 years, I am on his car insurance, I am on his life insurance, he is on my 401k. He is on government health care. On his apartment, my name is listed as future live-in. Just not at the moment. But if I need to change that, I will. I can print out his military, completed application.... if that is useful....

After reading all of this... I am sure we are going to have the Stokes interview again. Should I just prepare for that as well?

Yes take all those things in so you can better explain the situation hopefully

the IO is not a dork, the military app. will speak to his intention, but gather

all that'll prove the bonafide..good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.