spookyturtle

Imported Filipino brides share the ups and downs of settling in America

190 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think an interesting point is the cultural difference in what is considered beautiful.

I remember when I first came to Japan, I would often see some really unattractive Caucasian males walking hand-in-hand with what I considered at the time attractive looking Japanese females. When I commented on this to my Japanese male friends they would say the japanese females were most unattractive. Since living here a while I must now agree. Most Japanese females that date Western males are not lookers by Asian standards... See Killary's bf' s comment on now banned thread.

I think an interesting point is the cultural difference in what is considered beautiful.

I remember when I first came to Japan, I would often see some really unattractive Caucasian males walking hand-in-hand with what I considered at the time attractive looking Japanese females. When I commented on this to my Japanese male friends they would say the japanese females were most unattractive. Since living here a while I must now agree. Most Japanese females that date Western males are not lookers by Asian standards... See Killary's bf' s comment on now banned thread.

As the saying goes, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Otherwise CABA chicks would never have husbands. :whistle:

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

You do realize this statement is straight from the article. . . .

Why yes Virginia I do

You have to be tough to be married to a woman period.

Amen that.

I was talking to my Ex brother in law. My Nephew (his son ) has come out as gay. We both agreed, other than the sex it would not be a bad lifestyle.

I watch the Nat Geo special on the natives in the jungle. The have the men's hut and women's hut. The Men go hunt all day and the women sit around the campfire and cook.

The all get together several times a week for sex and to eat, but other than that live apart.

Sounds like paradise

Dude you feeling real sensitive now. It sucks to be generalized huh. I guess you see how me and Marv feel.

What's wrong, is this article too close to home for you?

I kinda scanned the tile and moved on. I have no clue how you feel and don't really care to feel Marvin

Do all blacks feel alike ?

As the saying goes, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Otherwise CABA chicks would never have husbands. :whistle:

Gift ideas for Caba Chicks

150Medium.jpg

Amen that.

I watch the Nat Geo special on the natives in the jungle. The have the men's hut and women's hut. The Men go hunt all day and the women sit around the campfire and cook.

The all get together several times a week for sex and to eat, but other than that live apart.

Sounds like paradise

:lol: Probably less arguing too.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Why yes Virginia I do

So why were you trying to go off on me then?

I kinda scanned the tile and moved on. I have no clue how you feel and don't really care to feel Marvin

Do all blacks feel alike ?

Gift ideas for Caba Chicks

150Medium.jpg

I will let Marv answer you.

You sure are hating on Caba chicks. Why? Are they too independent for you?

Edited by Janelle2002

So why were you trying to go off on me then?

do HUH? I tried to go off on you..?

Young lady if I tried to go off on you, you would know it

Young lady?

I'm a woman. Get it right dude.

I think it's that time of the night you have taken medication, ..

:lol: Probably less arguing too.

Pretty much what Mr U and I do. It works great! 4 years and we've had a grand total of two arguments. I am terrified at what will happen when we move in together in a few months.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Pretty much what Mr U and I do. It works great! 4 years and we've had a grand total of two arguments. I am terrified at what will happen when we move in together in a few months.

That's when those "cute" little habits and idiosyncrasies will start to drive you out of your mind and there is no escape.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

"Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same thing." -- Disraeli (?)

---

The Arkansas Police Judge called the next case. "What's the charge against this here fellow?" he asked the policeman.

"The charge is Bigotry, yer Honor," said the cop. "He's got three wives."

"Three wives?!" thundered the judge. "Why, you moron, that ain't Bigotry -- that's Trigonometry!"

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).