glenncams

Filing K1 visa for pregnant fiancee

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day!

We have another question, what if I get my fiancee pregnant? Is it still possible for our K1 petition to go smoothly? Or there will be problem that may arise? What else do we have to do?

Thank you so much!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Good day!

We have another question, what if I get my fiancee pregnant? Is it still possible for our K1 petition to go smoothly? Or there will be problem that may arise? What else do we have to do?

Thank you so much!

Bringing children into this world is about starting a family and bringing meaning into your life; And NOT to make your petition go smoothly !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Pregnancy will have no major effect on the fiance visa process. It may delay you being together, as she won;t be able to travel in late pregnancy.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Pregnancy will have no major effect on the fiance visa process. It may delay you being together, as she won;t be able to travel in late pregnancy.

Why wouldn't she be able to travel in late Pregnancy?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Why wouldn't she be able to travel in late Pregnancy?

Msot airlines won;t let you fly past a certain point, and/ or only let you fly with a doctors letter. It is also extremely uncomfortable to do so :)

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

That's true. I traveled to visit my fiancé in DR in the first month of my third trimester and carried a doctors note allowing me to travel just in case it became an issue. Luckily I had about 10 more weeks left of being pregnant so didn't pose any real risks to my self or my baby.

Another issue you may want to consider is the process can take 9+ months** so at the end of the process she will be in the very final stages of pregnancy which will be a bit uncomfortable to do all the running around that's required, or she may have to do it all with a newborn which will also be a bit difficult.

Being pregnant did not make our case run smoother or impact it in a negative way. No special treatment, you will be in line just like everyone else.

**The current trend is favorable for Filipinos and those on the west coast, so you have both of those in your favor. This process may go fairly fast for you anyway. Best of luck!

The total amount of days from the date I mailed in our K1 Visa application to the day my fiancé stepped foot into the USA:

1 year, 3 months and 8 days.

The amount of days from the date we mailed in our AOS to the date everything was approved (after 3 RFEs):

7 months & 5 days

Which makes our journey a total of:

2 years, 3 months, and 8 days

(L)"I remember the days I prayed for everything I have now." (L)

Timeline

Msot airlines won;t let you fly past a certain point, and/ or only let you fly with a doctors letter. It is also extremely uncomfortable to do so :)

Uncomfortable I am sure.

I fly Delta exclusive to and from Philippines and I checked their website and it states no restrictions for pregnancy.

Timeline

If she delivered the baby in the Philippines and k1 visa is still on process, do i have to file another petition for my child?

Thank you for all your posts. We're not yet sure if i get her pregnant, but, just in case. At least we have you guys for your advices. Thank you so much.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

If she delivered the baby in the Philippines and k1 visa is still on process, do i have to file another petition for my child?

Thank you for all your posts. We're not yet sure if i get her pregnant, but, just in case. At least we have you guys for your advices. Thank you so much.

You could file a CRBA which gives us citizenship. Im unsure seeing as you're not married what the consulate in the Phil. Would need in that case. You'd have to contact them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Uncomfortable I am sure.

I fly Delta exclusive to and from Philippines and I checked their website and it states no restrictions for pregnancy.

Most airlines (possibly by FAA rules) give trouble after 7 months, and almost all airlines deny boarding

after 8 months. Liability claims and all that fun. Even a doctor's note usually wont help after 8 months.

--fred

SEP-1994 First met! 12-16-14 POE PHILADELPHIA

05-25-14 Engaged (what took us so looooong!!!?) 12-19-14 MARRIAGE (SIMPLE)

06-19-14 I-129F packet sent to Lewisville Lockbox (USPS overnight) 01-05-15 I-485 (AOS/EAD/AP) package mailed out

06-20-14 USPS messed up, and had to re-route! 01-12-15 NOA text/email received for AOS/EAD/AP

06-23-14 I-129F packet received at Lockbox 02-03-15 Biometrics (Indianapolis)

06-23-14 NOA1 Notice Date (routed to CSC, yay!) 04-07-15 EAD and AP approved, card ordered

06-25-14 NOA1 text/email received 04-14-15 EAD/AP Combo Card received by certified mail.

06-26-14 Check Cashed 06-15-15 Received letter about interview waiver. 6mo to go!

06-27-14 Alien Registration Number changed 08-06-15 Welcome Notice mailed, permanent status registered.

06-30-14 NOA1 hardcopy received 08-14-15 Green Card mailed to me.

09-24-14 NOA2 text/email received *APPROVED* 08-18-15 Green Card (which is green!) in hand!!

09-28-14 NOA2 hardcopy received

10-15-14 NVC received 05-17-17 Time to start ROC !

10-16-14 NVC case number assigned

10-21-14 NVC left (to Amsterdam Consulate)

10-23-14 Consulate Received

10-25-14 PACKET-3 Received (regular mail)

10-25-14 Online DS-160 submitted **** I am the Beneficiary (Fred) ****

10-27-14 Sent reply to Consulate (arrives 10-28)

10-29-14 Touched *** If you have questions about the K-1 journey coming

11-01-14 PACKET-4 Received (regular mail) *** from The Netherlands, send me a message !

11-26-14 MEDICAL *PASSED*

12-04-14 INTERVIEW *APPROVED*

12-06-14 Touched (Administrative Processing)

12-08-14 Touched (Ready)

12-09-14 Touched (Issued)

12-10-14 Received email that package was sent off

12-11-14 VISA IN HAND

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Most airlines (possibly by FAA rules) give trouble after 7 months, and almost all airlines deny boarding

after 8 months. Liability claims and all that fun. Even a doctor's note usually wont help after 8 months.

--fred

Not according to their rules...see my post

Timeline

--fred

Negative

"Pregnant Travelers

Delta does not impose restrictions on flying for pregnant women, so a medical certificate is not required to travel. Keep in mind, however, that ticket change fees and penalties cannot be waived for pregnancy. If you're traveling after your eight month, it's a good idea to check with your doctor to be sure travel is not restricted"

Timeline

Thank you for your comments. We're hoping that our petition will go well like yours. We'll be asking for help sooner during our K1 journey. Thank you so much.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day!

Thank you so much!

No reason for it not to go smoothly. If there are any delays and the child is born in the Philippines you will have to complete CRBA, other than won't be any issues because of pregnancy.

Philippines forum http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Before you ever decide if you will have a child, consider how emotionally difficult the k1 visa process can be. Read about everyone's experience here and I hope if makes you think twice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.