4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi! I'd like to ask for your help. I'm done with biometrics last week for EAD and i485. Arrived here in US using k1 visa, got married and filed AOS papers last March. Received RFE on Saturday. My brother in law is our co-sponsor, he filed his tax jointly with his wife because they own a business (Self employed) . In our AOS packet, we included his tax returns for years 2011,2012 and 2013. We were't able to include 2014 because they requested for tax filing extension for their business so we weren't able to include it at that time. On the income line, we put their income listed at line 31 from the Schedule C, which is 6 figures. Household size is 3 (my bro-in-law,sis-in-law and me)

1) Should we use line 22, total income, of the 1040 instead?

2)We also didn't include i864a but they didn't require that on the RFE.

3) Will they delay sending my work permit because we received an rfe for i485? (we filed EAD/AP and i485 altogether)

4) Should we send the whole thing (i485,i864s) or only what they are asking for?

5) Anybody in hawaii who resorted in consulting agencies who can be of help? (last option)

Thanks

post-197669-0-90021300-1430170980_thumb.jpg

post-197669-0-91490700-1430170986_thumb.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You are going to need the 2014 tax return for someone that is self-employed. They will base whether or not they meet the requirement by looking at line 22 of the 1040. You need them to file now so you can provide the most recent complete return, or find another joint sponsor. They are not going to accept them without having the most recent return filed yet. Self-employed prove their personal income through tax returns.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You are going to need the 2014 tax return for someone that is self-employed. They will base whether or not they meet the requirement by looking at line 22 of the 1040. You need them to file now so you can provide the most recent complete return, or find another joint sponsor. They are not going to accept them without having the most recent return filed yet. Self-employed prove their personal income through tax returns.

thanks kaydeecee!

so based on the letter they've sent us, we should just send that latest tax returns right? no need for i864a?

Thanks

Number from line 22.

I-864 is one of most crucial forms, your EAD will be on hold until your RFE response is accepted.

And yes, 2014 tax transcript is needed. 2013 is oldie now, it will be a no go.

I-864A is needed for wife, just to allow her spouse to use family fund to sponsor you, this matter has been mentioned many many times.

Edited by NancyNguyen

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.