TMDM

EAD Document - Waiting time in Los Angeles?

8 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Firstly i'd like to thank everyone for creating and maintaining this wonderful forum. It has helped me hugely throughout my journey so far. I have a pretty simple question, one that I typically haven't been able to answer by browsing the forum and EAD time lines.

I'm currently going through my AOS, I have a lawyer dealing with my case and my question is how long does it typically (from experience) take to receive the EAD in the mail. I have asked my lawyer and he said about 2 months but this time has passed. I filed on 17th Feb 2015, completed my biometrics in Mid March and my USCIS case status for EAD is still showing just the initial confirmation of application and receipts and nothing more.

My receipt numbers begin with MSC

Its been about 65 days since submission of all documents and i'm just wondering if any one knows current wait times? looking at many of the EAD timelines, a lot of them use Chicago service centre and are approved very quickly.

I certainly appreciate different areas take different amount of times, naturally like all of us i get anxious waiting but looking for a general idea from experience.

Thanks so much!

Edited by guitarmanis

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Mine took about two months. Check my signature.

2015-01-09 mailed AoS package

2015-01-15 e-notification received

2015-01-16 NOA Date

2015-02-04 biometric appointment

2015-03-04 EAD/AP approval email

2015-03-11 EAD mailed

2015-03-16 EAD/AP combo card received

2015-03-26 Interview scheduled online

2015-04-28 Approved for GC at AOS interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

If you look under the Forums and Adjustment of status Filing and Progress Reports (or whatever based), there's a forum specific to people going through the AOS process and how long it's taking for different aspects. There's a February 2015 one under the family based one that others with close to your timeline are posting to. I'd check that for a closer idea of what's going on right now in EAD approvals.

K-1 from Haiti - NOA1: 5/27/2014; NOA2: 7/8 USCIS never updated to say that it was sent to the NVC (just in case you're as concerned about your status not updating as I was about mine)
NVC Case Number Received: 7/31; Left NVC: 8/1 - tracked via DHL website; CEAC Status - Ready: 8/7; Packet 3 Received: 9/5 - Beneficiary received packet / Medical Completed: 9/19;
DS-160 Submitted: 9/22 - (CEAC date updated); Packet 3 Submitted: 9/26; Packet 4 Received: 10/24; Interview Date: 11/6 @ 7 am Interview Result: Approved!
CEAC Status Issued: 11/10; USTraveldocs.com finally acknowledged Fiance's passport actually in their system: 11/20; Passport Received: 11/21;

POE: 11/23/2014; Wedding: 2/14/2015

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: 2/21/2015;

USCIS EAD & AP received: 2/25; USCIS AOS received: 2/27; Received NOA1s in mail: 3/5; Biometrics: 3/26; EAD/AP Card in Production: 5/11; EAD/AP Card Mailed: 5/1; EAD/AP Card Received 5/19; NPIW Letter dated: 6/11/15; Green card Approved: 10/1/15;

Green card Received: 10/7/15

Thank you all for your replys. You mention 2 months, is that from the date of filing or the date of biometrics?

Also JR Loves JR, thanks so much for this information. i'm having difficulty locating this forum though, could you point me in it's direction via a link? finding people who filed same time as me would be incredibly helpful in assessing what to expect. I did notice people who filed 20th February are having there EADs dealt with at the moment. Which should put me right about time as my NOA is dated 23rd February. But a point in the direction of that forum page would be wonderful.

thanks so much again!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Click on the "Processing Times" button, easily accessible at the top of the forum page:http://www.visajourney.com/content/times The VJ generated processing date is generally within the 60-90 days that most folks state as the processing time for EADs. Where you mail your I-765 application is dependent on specific eligibility criteria.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Thanks for your response. I was looking at the i485 processing times and it states the average number of days to interview was 203. Which seems like a long time based on other San Bernardino filers time frames. I guess it's just a waiting game!

Thanks so much :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

To get some appreciation of the currently prolonged AOS processing times, go to the Fam.-Based AOS Progress Forum. :thumbs:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/131-adjustment-of-status-case-filing-and-progress-reports/

They are all over the board, some interview waivers, some not, different processing at the local USCIS offices, etc.....

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.