ashtar0212

5 weeks after N400 Biometrics done, still no inline for interview notice

66 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Did your background check also take long time during your green card process???

I heard that N400 application will also take long time for those who got stuck in the process during the green card stage?

Is that true?

I did my biometrics for N400 and I have not heard anything yet.

That could very well be true... your case may be delayed because your name or something in your history is similar to someone on a watch-list.

The computerized searches would flag your case and it would have to be looked at by someone. How hard it is to determine that you're not the suspicious person in question or that your history poses no concern will determine how long the review takes. But there's a good chance that it'll take as long as it did during the green card stage because the same factors will pop up again; I don't know for sure, but I assume they just start the background check from scratch and don't rely on the results of the previous one.

I was once stopped at a US airport for about an hour because I looked like someone on a watch-list. The CBP agent even showed me the guy's photo (I didn't think I looked anything like him). I saw the guy's name and the only similarity was that my last name matched his middle name. Nothing else. Different names, nationalities, place of birth, etc. I was surprised that such a small match would trigger extra scrutiny... then again, that's the only time that's ever happened and I travel a lot... so maybe it was just a fluke.

Edited by JimmyHou

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

No, my background check didn't take long at all for my greencard. That whole process went so much faster, 5 months from start to finish. I only just got my notification that my interview has been scheduled on Monday (Jan 4) waiting on the letter now. 8 months and still counting, but super excited to finally see the end in sight. Mother nature needs to behave until this is all over.

Edited to say: I think mine was delayed so long because of my local offices crazy backlog OR because I have an extremely common last name.

Edited by MiaPA

Pnyim4.png2LiSm4.png

Filed: Timeline

No, my background check didn't take long at all for my greencard. That whole process went so much faster, 5 months from start to finish. I only just got my notification that my interview has been scheduled on Monday (Jan 4) waiting on the letter now. 8 months and still counting, but super excited to finally see the end in sight. Mother nature needs to behave until this is all over.

Edited to say: I think mine was delayed so long because of my local offices crazy backlog OR because I have an extremely common last name.

Congrats MiaPA,

1. How long did you wait until they placed you in line for interview?

2. Did they schedule you for interview without placing you in line for interview?

I visited infoPass to check the status of my case and the officer did not tell me anything about background check. He told me that they are waiting for NBC to place me in line for interview. I have a feeling that the officer does not have access to see the reason of the delay or probably he is new. If my background check were cleared, I would be in line for interview long time ago because other people that applied at the same time in the same field office are already in line for interview.

Edited by algorithm2009

Timeline

Congrats MiaPA,

1. How long did you wait until they placed you in line for interview?

2. Did they schedule you for interview without placing you in line for interview?

I visited infoPass to check the status of my case and the officer did not tell me anything about background check. He told me that they are waiting for NBC to place me in line for interview. I have a feeling that the officer does not have access to see the reason of the delay or probably he is new. If my background check were cleared, I would be in line for interview long time ago because other people that applied at the same time in the same field office are already in line for interview.

:time:

I waited 8 months from my biometrics to be put in line for interview, interview was scheduled the same day I was put in line. Got my interview letter in the mail 4 days later.

Good luck to you and hope you hear something soon.

Edited by MiaPA

Pnyim4.png2LiSm4.png

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

i am waiting also 8 month n400 and still no response

I am also stuck in the process and waiting to be placed in line for interview.

Did you try to talk to infoPass officer to see whats the cause of the delay?

What district office does your application belong to?

:time:

I waited 8 months from my biometrics to be put in line for interview, interview was scheduled the same day I was put in line. Got my interview letter in the mail 4 days later.

Good luck to you and hope you hear something soon.

How did your interview go? Did you receive the decision on the interview date or did they let you wait again?

Timeline

I am also stuck in the process and waiting to be placed in line for interview.

Did you try to talk to infoPass officer to see whats the cause of the delay?

What district office does your application belong to?

How did your interview go? Did you receive the decision on the interview date or did they let you wait again?

Have not had the interview yet, it will be this coming week Feb.9

Pnyim4.png2LiSm4.png

Timeline

How did the interview go? How did the officer treat you?

The interview was great. The officer treated me well, she was very friendly and I felt very relaxed, did not feel nervous at all. I was able to be myself and have a good laugh with her while going through the interview.

Pnyim4.png2LiSm4.png

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Do you have any update on your case?

Received a call from a USCIS officer on March 8th asking if I would be available to attend the Oath ceremony being held on March 11th, she emailed me the form I needed to take with me and I was sworn in as a citizen on the 11th of March, my journey is over :)

Pnyim4.png2LiSm4.png

I noticed that most of the people who applied as soon as the window opened , they wait longer to get the inline notification. On the other hand, people who applied after or near their anniversary they got the inline notification very soon.

It's a case by case basis, but this can definitely happen. The Feb 2016 filers thread has a number of early filers who have not received their in-line notices because they are greater than a month out from their anniversaries.

Edited by akihon

Adjustment of Status from H-1B, Family-Based
07/26/2012 - 10/18/2012: 85 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Removal of Conditions
07/22/2014 - 11/14/2014: 116 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Naturalization
02/03/2016 - 05/31/2016 : 119 Days from Application Received to Oath Ceremony.

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

It's a case by case basis, but this can definitely happen. The Feb 2016 filers thread has a number of early filers who have not received their in-line notices because they are greater than a month out from their anniversaries.

Yes and I am one of them :), I filed in January though had my FP on Feb 3 and still says "Received your application' thingy online. I guess waiting is the only option here.

Yes and I am one of them :), I filed in January though had my FP on Feb 3 and still says "Received your application' thingy online. I guess waiting is the only option here.

Did you mean you filed in January 2015 ? People who filled in March / April 2015 and was stuck in background are slowly seeing interview letters.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.