ashtar0212

5 weeks after N400 Biometrics done, still no inline for interview notice

66 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
N400applicant: Your baltimore office is different from others, even your security check is done. They will wait for others to process before they process your application. Remmember there are other people filed before you. Average time for process is between 5 months which is for standred for low traffic USCIS offices. Baltimore,MD is busy office they do interview and oath the same day. Imagine how many poeople apply every month, let alone every year. So it will take some times. Dont be confuse with 5 months processing time. USCIS doesnt count the background check time to there processing time. 5 from file to oath. You just barely at 3 month mark. I wouldent be surprise if it takes 6 to 8 months. I really hope not but it can be. I really hope you hear good news very soon.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

mohidirfan08787, look up the list of N400 August 2015 filers , which KASH updates daily. Every day someone is placed inline for interveiw.

I don't think there is anyone left on that list who hasn't been placed "in line for scheduling", except myself and may be couple others.

And I suspect those others who didn't update their case on Visajourney may have already been scheduled for the interview, they just didn't visit this site lately (you can look up and see when they last time posted and visited Visajourney).

There are other applicants on that list, including from Baltimore, MD, who had their status changed to "in line" within DAYS after biometrics.

Even those who come from offices with greater backog than Baltimore have their statuses changed to "in line".

They won't put me in a waiting list unless it is "in line" to be schduled. It means people who filed way after me at Baltimore and now are in "in line" are going to have their interviews scheduled much sooner than me.

Why are you defending USCIS, even when you know that it is wrong for them to arbitrarily delay some applications, and speed up others?

What if they deliberately select certain countries of origin to process faster, and others to slow down, so that they have more citizens who were born in one country , while delay citizenship of those born in others?

This is plain violation of the Equal Protection and Due Process of law under US Constitution. Who is USCIS do defy US Constitution?

Or do you think US Constituion lost all its' meaning and US is no different than a third world country which routinely abuses people and violates their rights?

If that's how you think then I respectfully disagree with you. I want to live in the US precisely because it has the Consitution and provides protections to ordinary Citizens which other countries don't. I don't think some bureacrat is entitled to defy the highest law of this land at his whim, and I am most of all certain that I will not be sitting quitely while I observe such a thing happening to me. Not me. I will speak up and openly express my grievance, as I know I can under First Amendment. I suggest you do the same.

Best of luck to you!

N400applicant: Your baltimore office is different from others, even your security check is done. They will wait for others to process before they process your application. Remmember there are other people filed before you. Average time for process is between 5 months which is for standred for low traffic USCIS offices. Baltimore,MD is busy office they do interview and oath the same day. Imagine how many poeople apply every month, let alone every year. So it will take some times. Dont be confuse with 5 months processing time. USCIS doesnt count the background check time to there processing time. 5 from file to oath. You just barely at 3 month mark. I wouldent be surprise if it takes 6 to 8 months. I really hope not but it can be. I really hope you hear good news very soon.

Edited by N400applicant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0dQA0vMJxA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wquCCFvbNhI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5pdgyOzJtE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neqFpWDQ61w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RneoccuJwY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTUU_ykQbfg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdi3Cg2Uq1k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5HVJdMGAMs

==================================================

First Amendment and separation of Church from State has a lot more to it than most of our contemporaries realize.

The truth is, the Pilgrims were Puritan fascists who were only looking for their
own
religious freedom. They were too ... independent and fanatical even for the more mainstream zealots of English and European Reformations. They called themselves “Puritans” because they were dedicated to
purifying
the Church of England of Roman influences. They
hated
Rome and they
hated
heretics, and they
hated
sinners and they really hated
witches
. Their reigning English King, James I was also a foaming Protestant Scottish witch hunter, and was every bit as fanatical as the Pilgrims were, since they were all theological soul mates. But James I actually had to sophisticate himself a bit, particularly stifling his witch-hating fanaticism when he took power in England. He had to accommodate the more moderate and educated Protestantism that then still held great sway in his English Court and Parliament. This social moderation at home however, didn’t slow him from encouraging the exportation of sharp, Puritan zeal to his growing colonies in the New World though, where raw Puritanism would be free to dominate the new society he intended to found there.

I say with very little exaggeration, that living under Puritan rule in the New England American Colonies would be nearly as religiously oppressive as living under the Taliban in Afghanistan, or Wahhabi ruled Saudi Arabia. The principle difference between Sharia Law and Pilgrim Law would be that the Pilgrims let women show
puritan-whipping_thumb.jpg?w=244&h=244

their whole faces in public. the Puritans in particular on the other hand, weren’t all that put off by the Inquisition’s tactics or even goals in and of themselves. The Puritans and many other Reformers in truth just wanted the Inquisitional zeal applied unilaterally up and down the Church ranks from clergy to commoner. They just didn’t think you should be able to buy or politic your way out of being tortured into a confession of heresy. They figured that kings, Popes and bishops and priests were just as good candidates for heresy as anyone else—the more the merrier. Puritans in short, actually wanted
more
repression and
more
micromanaging of the Body of Christ. They wanted the power to institute the same sort of fanatical purification of Christendom that the Inquisition only
pretended
to enforce, and then only selectively, often for personal, social, or political reasons. The Puritans wanted their newly cleansed Protestant Inquistition to be
universally
applied to all Christians of whatever rank. The Puritans wanted
everyone
to be beaten into piety whatever his station in the Church or society– they just wanted to insure it was being done fairly and correctly by a dictatorial theocracy of their
own
design.We read about the Salem Witch trials, some decades after the Pilgrims landed, and think that hanging nineteen men and women as witches on the say-so of a couple of snotty little girls looking for attention was a fluke carried out by an isolated, small group of inbred fanatics. We think the old man they crushed under stones for refusing to submit to their trials was the result of some abnormal paranoia due to the bunker mentality of a pioneer colony in a harsh new land. When we read about the dozens of fellow colonists they just let rot in jail for months as they queued them up for their American Inquisition, we assume that this sort of fiendish treatment had to be the product of some sort of atypical mass mental illness brought about through a bad diet and not enough sunlight. But no,
that’s what Puritans did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGASvVqzOa0

A friend of me, we came to US the same time,Same day, Filled the N400 same day. Even though he had few traffic tickets, Reckless driving violation and out of 5 years he barelly worked 2 months.

His process took total 3 month and he got natualize. Other the other hand. I have no traffic tickets, never ever been in touble, filed taxes ontime and always always worked since i came here. I am still hanging on after 8 months.

I am not defending no one, The lady at the office told me. its about name to name, somewhere if ur your name match with someone criminal, FBI dig deeper to resolve the inquiry. Its time consuming and labor intensive. Or just simply they have intrest in certian nationality to do more extra checks.

Please Remmember, Each and every applicant is different, every file is different, If you focus on who got done before you. Why and why not me in line yet its just beating your head.

USCIS is very large politics, its beyond our control. Since you have no issue with your background i wouldent even worry about it. Just wait till it comes. Please dont go any lawyer or etc AT THIS POINT NO ONE CAN DO ANYTHING .

Just buy pop corns enjoy your movies and focus on other funny topics in VJ:) such as K1 visa problems:)

There is a filer in August UKFAN, this applicant is also from my same USCIS office ...See that applicant got done long time ago. I am Jan filer and still not done yet.

What can i do? nothing....

Timeline

I understand what you are saying. That's exactly what USCIS says until they come to Federal Court and judge orders them to do what they must.

I recommend you google websites of some very well known immigration attorneys in the US, some of them former INS prosecutors. There is one in particular whose name I mentioned earlier, he is a former INS trial attorney and an immigration lawyer today.

He has filed thousands of cases against USCIS on behalf of his clients, and as former INS attorney he strongly encourages to take USCIS to federal Court when they fail to do their job, as we pay them to do.

I personally wouldn't hesitate to bring them to Federal Court and force them do their job (approve or deny my application, whatever I am deserving of under the law), but unfortunately they have devised a way to shield themselves from any kind of accountability unless my case is delayed way past 1 year mark or so.

So, legally speaking, I have no recourse at this time. But at very least, I can peacefully express my grievance and public forums are one of the best places to do so. I suggest everyone under similar circumstance do the same, let public be aware of what is going on.

A friend of me, we came to US the same time,Same day, Filled the N400 same day. Even though he had few traffic tickets, Reckless driving violation and out of 5 years he barelly worked 2 months.

His process took total 3 month and he got natualize. Other the other hand. I have no traffic tickets, never ever been in touble, filed taxes ontime and always always worked since i came here. I am still hanging on after 8 months.

I am not defending no one, The lady at the office told me. its about name to name, somewhere if ur your name match with someone criminal, FBI dig deeper to resolve the inquiry. Its time consuming and labor intensive. Or just simply they have intrest in certian nationality to do more extra checks.

Please Remmember, Each and every applicant is different, every file is different, If you focus on who got done before you. Why and why not me in line yet its just beating your head.

USCIS is very large politics, its beyond our control. Since you have no issue with your background i wouldent even worry about it. Just wait till it comes. Please dont go any lawyer or etc AT THIS POINT NO ONE CAN DO ANYTHING .

Just buy pop corns enjoy your movies and focus on other funny topics in VJ:) such as K1 visa problems:)

There is a filer in August UKFAN, this applicant is also from my same USCIS office ...See that applicant got done long time ago. I am Jan filer and still not done yet.

What can i do? nothing....

First Amendment and separation of Church from State has a lot more to it than most of our contemporaries realize.

The truth is, the Pilgrims were Puritan fascists who were only looking for their
own
religious freedom. They were too ... independent and fanatical even for the more mainstream zealots of English and European Reformations. They called themselves “Puritans” because they were dedicated to
purifying
hated
Rome and they
hated
heretics, and they
hated
witches
. Their reigning English King, James I was also a foaming Protestant Scottish witch hunter, and was every bit as fanatical as the Pilgrims were, since they were all theological soul mates. But James I actually had to sophisticate himself a bit, particularly stifling his witch-hating fanaticism when he took power in England. He had to accommodate the more moderate and educated Protestantism that then still held great sway in his English Court and Parliament. This social moderation at home however, didn’t slow him from encouraging the exportation of sharp, Puritan zeal to his growing colonies in the New World though, where raw Puritanism would be free to dominate the new society he intended to found there.

I say with very little exaggeration, that living under Puritan rule in the New England American Colonies would be nearly as religiously oppressive as living under the Taliban in Afghanistan, or Wahhabi ruled Saudi Arabia. The principle difference between Sharia Law and Pilgrim Law would be that the Pilgrims let women show

their whole faces in public. the Puritans in particular on the other hand, weren’t all that put off by the Inquisition’s tactics or even goals in and of themselves. The Puritans and many other Reformers in truth just wanted the Inquisitional zeal applied unilaterally up and down the Church ranks from clergy to commoner. They just didn’t think you should be able to buy or politic your way out of being tortured into a confession of heresy. They figured that kings, Popes and bishops and priests were just as good candidates for heresy as anyone else—the more the merrier. Puritans in short, actually wanted
more
repression and
more
micromanaging of the Body of Christ. They wanted the power to institute the same sort of fanatical purification of Christendom that the Inquisition only
pretended
to enforce, and then only selectively, often for personal, social, or political reasons. The Puritans wanted their newly cleansed Protestant Inquistition to be
universally
everyone
to be beaten into piety whatever his station in the Church or society– they just wanted to insure it was being done fairly and correctly by a dictatorial theocracy of their
own
design.We read about the Salem Witch trials, some decades after the Pilgrims landed, and think that hanging nineteen men and women as witches on the say-so of a couple of snotty little girls looking for attention was a fluke carried out by an isolated, small group of inbred fanatics. We think the old man they crushed under stones for refusing to submit to their trials was the result of some abnormal paranoia due to the bunker mentality of a pioneer colony in a harsh new land. When we read about the dozens of fellow colonists they just let rot in jail for months as they queued them up for their American Inquisition, we assume that this sort of fiendish treatment had to be the product of some sort of atypical mass mental illness brought about through a bad diet and not enough sunlight. But no,
that’s what Puritans did

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Had my biometrics done May 6, still no in line. All I have been told so far is my background check is still pending, USCIS will never tell me this, my Senator had inquired for me twice now. All USCIS has ever told me was the same thing as the update tool online "case was received April 14th"... I feel your frustration. I give up calling in, all it does is make me more frustrated and it's not worth the stress anymore.

Pnyim4.png2LiSm4.png

Timeline

MiaPA: Give it another month or 2 , you will get interview. My biometics were on 2/25 and Oct-2 only i got inline for interview. We are at the mercy of them. They can do whatever they want to.

Wow that is a long time, it sure is reassuring to know I am not alone in this long waiting game.

Pnyim4.png2LiSm4.png

Timeline

Share your experience, also share some basic (not personally identifying!) information, like your country of origin and anything of the sorts you think may have been a "culprit".

Aproximately 10% of applicants for immigration benefits end up waiting excessively for USCIS to process their applications.

Only 0.2% of the total number of "delayed due to security checks" end up with applications denied. The rest are approved.

Here are TWO BIG PROBLEMS with this:

PROBLEM # 1 (which is also a REAL SECURITY PROBLEM FOR USA): the LONGER it takes for USCIS to process the application, the LONGER the real BAD guys (the 0.2%) can stay in US, freely move around and do whatever harm they might to.

PROBLEM # 2 : the REMAINING 9.8% are kept in limbo and not given a decision without ANY LEGITIMATE REASON (if reason was LEGITIMATE they would NOT eventually get their names cleared, assuming name check is the major culprit of these delays).

So, we should do everything we can to bring as much light to these TWO BIG PROBLEMS as we can.

PROBLEM # 1 is a strong argument against demagogues who justify lengthy delays and publicly advocate for these arbitrary delays by everyonepretending that this is good for security. The fact is it is VERY BAD for secuity to have someone on the loose for 6 months or, even worse, YEARS IF THEY ARE A REAL SECURITY concern.

Unless security is no issue at all, and this is done deliberately to inflict mental anguish and pain on certain profiled applicants for immigration benefots, there is absolutely no reason why it takes 6 months or 7 years to decide if one can get the immigration benefit one applies to.

IF SECURITY IS AN ISSUE it should in fact SPEED UP THE process, so bad guys can be immediately apprehended and removed from the country or jailed in prison, so that public can rest in peace.

And, of course, PROBLEM # 2 is a matter of fairness, Equal Protection and Due Process of Law under the Constitution. Why should those 9.8% of applicants (who are eventually cleared) be treated any different from the 90% and forced to wait for what in the end turns out to be a nonsense? may be

mohdirfan may be a good fellow, and I wish him a lot of luck, but he definitely doesn't know how this country operates if he thinks USCIS can do all it pleases and that there is nothing can be done no matter how badly they screw anyone.

Of course, if immigrants never make this issue known, if those 9.8% just sit quitely in desperate hope that some day some bureaucrat will please to look into their file, then of course USCIS will do as it pleases, because NO ONE WILL KNOW how badly they are handling 10% of the total volume of the cases.

But we all of us constantly voice our opinion, write to blogs, forums, newspapers, contact our Cogressmen and actively engage in civic process then you bet there will be some change.

Good luck!

Had my biometrics done May 6, still no in line. All I have been told so far is my background check is still pending, USCIS will never tell me this, my Senator had inquired for me twice now. All USCIS has ever told me was the same thing as the update tool online "case was received April 14th"... I feel your frustration. I give up calling in, all it does is make me more frustrated and it's not worth the stress anymore.

Edited by N400applicant

own
purifying
hated
Rome and they
hated
heretics, and they
hated
witches

more
repression and
more
pretended
universally
everyone
own
that’s what Puritans did

Timeline

Share your experience, also share some basic (not personally identifying!) information, like your country of origin and anything of the sorts you think may have been a "culprit".

Aproximately 10% of applicants for immigration benefits end up waiting excessively for USCIS to process their applications.

Only 0.2% of the total number of "delayed due to security checks" end up with applications denied. The rest are approved.

Here are TWO BIG PROBLEMS with this:

PROBLEM # 1 (which is also a REAL SECURITY PROBLEM FOR USA): the LONGER it takes for USCIS to process the application, the LONGER the real BAD guys (the 0.2%) can stay in US, freely move around and do whatever harm they might to.

PROBLEM # 2 : the REMAINING 9.8% are kept in limbo and not given a decision without ANY LEGITIMATE REASON (if reason was LEGITIMATE they would NOT eventually get their names cleared, assuming name check is the major culprit of these delays).

So, we should do everything we can to bring as much light to these TWO BIG PROBLEMS as we can.

PROBLEM # 1 is a strong argument against demagogues who justify lengthy delays and publicly advocate for these arbitrary delays by everyonepretending that this is good for security. The fact is it is VERY BAD for secuity to have someone on the loose for 6 months or, even worse, YEARS IF THEY ARE A REAL SECURITY concern.

Unless security is no issue at all, and this is done deliberately to inflict mental anguish and pain on certain profiled applicants for immigration benefots, there is absolutely no reason why it takes 6 months or 7 years to decide if one can get the immigration benefit one applies to.

IF SECURITY IS AN ISSUE it should in fact SPEED UP THE process, so bad guys can be immediately apprehended and removed from the country or jailed in prison, so that public can rest in peace.

And, of course, PROBLEM # 2 is a matter of fairness, Equal Protection and Due Process of Law under the Constitution. Why should those 9.8% of applicants (who are eventually cleared) be treated any different from the 90% and forced to wait for what in the end turns out to be a nonsense? may be

mohdirfan may be a good fellow, and I wish him a lot of luck, but he definitely doesn't know how this country operates if he thinks USCIS can do all it pleases and that there is nothing can be done no matter how badly they screw anyone.

Of course, if immigrants never make this issue known, if those 9.8% just sit quitely in desperate hope that some day some bureaucrat will please to look into their file, then of course USCIS will do as it pleases, because NO ONE WILL KNOW how badly they are handling 10% of the total volume of the cases.

But we all of us constantly voice our opinion, write to blogs, forums, newspapers, contact our Cogressmen and actively engage in civic process then you bet there will be some change.

Good luck!

I am from Canada, been here since 2002. Married since 2003 and greencard holder since 2010. Not sure why the background check is taking so long, unless it is because I have a really common last name and I mean REALLY common. Have never been in trouble and definately did not have this delay during my greencard processing for my background check. I know about contacting congressman and such, I have already contacted my state senator twice but the status is never changed. Yes, I want to become a citizen and was hoping to have it done by the end of the year, but after waiting so long, eventually a person just loses hope. If my case is still pending a background check then there is nothing I can do but wait, that is an issue with the FBI not USCIS (I think)

Yes I want to be a US citizen, yes I am frustrated in how long the process is taking, yes we go through hell going through all these processes for immigration, yes all this headache will be worth it in the end... BUT it doesn't make it any easier in this moment.

I am really torn between feelings on the subject with immigration, part of me wants to be understanding in the lengthy process, but then the other part of me is frustrated in how long everything takes to get done. It is a horrible tug of war game with emotions.

Pnyim4.png2LiSm4.png

Timeline

I udnerstand your frustration, but dont share your sentiments.

I am from Canada, been here since 2002. Married since 2003 and greencard holder since 2010. Not sure why the background check is taking so long, unless it is because I have a really common last name and I mean REALLY common. Have never been in trouble and definately did not have this delay during my greencard processing for my background check. I know about contacting congressman and such, I have already contacted my state senator twice but the status is never changed. Yes, I want to become a citizen and was hoping to have it done by the end of the year, but after waiting so long, eventually a person just loses hope. If my case is still pending a background check then there is nothing I can do but wait, that is an issue with the FBI not USCIS (I think)

Yes I want to be a US citizen, yes I am frustrated in how long the process is taking, yes we go through hell going through all these processes for immigration, yes all this headache will be worth it in the end... BUT it doesn't make it any easier in this moment.

I am really torn between feelings on the subject with immigration, part of me wants to be understanding in the lengthy process, but then the other part of me is frustrated in how long everything takes to get done. It is a horrible tug of war game with emotions.

own
purifying
hated
Rome and they
hated
heretics, and they
hated
witches

more
repression and
more
pretended
universally
everyone
own
that’s what Puritans did

Timeline

What Constitutes an Unreasonable Delay

The key to an N-400 WOM lawsuit is to prove to the court that the delay in the applicant’s case has been unreasonable. It does not matter what the reason for the delay is. Whether the delay is from losing the applicant’s file, the FBI name check, or any other reason, the principal factor the court will look at is the length of the delay. Some courts have elected to use the “TRAC factor analysis” which takes into account six different factors to ascertain whether the delay in the case was unreasonable. But even in those jurisdictions, the actual length of the delay appears to be the factor given the most consideration.

In many jurisdictions around the country, 2 years appears to be the “magic number” in which most courts would agree that the processing time for the N-400 case has been “unreasonable.” In our ten most recent cases, the wait times for the naturalization interview ranged from 1 year 8 months, to 3 years 4 months. In all cases, we were able to get the USCIS to schedule the client’s interview after filing the WOM lawsuit in court.

http://www.jclawoffice.com/n/?analysis-of-recent-n-400-wom-lawsuits-by-justin-fok-esq

own
purifying
hated
Rome and they
hated
heretics, and they
hated
witches

more
repression and
more
pretended
universally
everyone
own
that’s what Puritans did

• 1 month later...

What Constitutes an Unreasonable Delay

The key to an N-400 WOM lawsuit is to prove to the court that the delay in the applicant’s case has been unreasonable. It does not matter what the reason for the delay is. Whether the delay is from losing the applicant’s file, the FBI name check, or any other reason, the principal factor the court will look at is the length of the delay. Some courts have elected to use the “TRAC factor analysis” which takes into account six different factors to ascertain whether the delay in the case was unreasonable. But even in those jurisdictions, the actual length of the delay appears to be the factor given the most consideration.

In many jurisdictions around the country, 2 years appears to be the “magic number” in which most courts would agree that the processing time for the N-400 case has been “unreasonable.” In our ten most recent cases, the wait times for the naturalization interview ranged from 1 year 8 months, to 3 years 4 months. In all cases, we were able to get the USCIS to schedule the client’s interview after filing the WOM lawsuit in court.

http://www.jclawoffice.com/n/?analysis-of-recent-n-400-wom-lawsuits-by-justin-fok-esq

I am also a victim of this unfair treatment.

Is waiting for 1 year good enough for the judge to force USCIS to schedule an interview? I live in Southern California district.

In addition to the unreasonable delay, can I sue USCIS for their unfair treatment? The constitution and the law give equal treatment to all law abiding people no matter where they are from or what their race/color are.

The founding fathers said that no one is above the law and leaders and government should follow the law.

I understant that some names require additional check/review and I am totally fine to give them 6 months extra to check my background check but anything beyond that is totally unreasonable and unfair.

Edited by algorithm2009

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Guinea
Timeline

Mine didn't take as long as some of you. I finally got inline for interview after a couple of months. Glad it is at least showing some progress. Best of luck to one and all in this group.

Life is GREAT! SMILE! smile.png

I-130 Approved July 2013 (PD Dec 2011)

AOS DBVB

07/30/2013 - AOS packet sent via Express mail (I-485, I-131, I-765)

08/01/2013 (day 1) - Delivered to USCIS Chicago

08/06/2013 (day 6 ) - Received USCIS Acceptance Confirmation emails. Awaiting official receipt notice (Form I-797) in the mail.

08/08/2013 (day 8 ) - Checks cashed

08/10/2013 (day 10) - Received 3 NOA's by mail (I-485, I-131, I-765)

08/16/2013 (day 16 ) - NOA for Biometrics appointment. Date set for 08/28/2013

08/19/2013 (day 19) - Successful walk-in Biometrics

08/28/2013 (day 28) - Biometrics appointment (Original)

9/11/2013 (day 42) - I-485 status online changed to "testing & interview"

9/26/2013 (day 57) - EAD status online changed to "card production", I-131 approved.

9/30/2013 (day 61) - EAD/AP card production ordered

10/04/2013 (day 65) - EAD/AP card mailed

10/07/2013 (day 68) - EAD/AP card received. *USCIS spelling error on card so they will have to redo the card.

10/16/2013 (day 77) - EAD/AP card mailed back to USCIS due to USCIS spelling error on card.

11/23/2013 (day 115) - EAD/AP card received with correct name.

01/02/2014 (day 155) - I-485 status showing the interview date updated - Interview on Feb 4, 2014.

01/04/2014 (day 157 ) - Received NOA about the interview appointment on Feb 4, 2014

02/04/2014 (day 187) - Interview @ SLC

02/04/2014 (day 187) - I-485 Approved

02/13/2014 (day 197 ) - Green Card Received (10 Year GC)

--------------------------

Citizenship [bB]

08/17/2015 - N-400 packet sent via Express mail

08/19/2015 (day 2) - Delivered to USCIS Phoenix Lockbox

08/20/2015 (day 3) - Received USCIS Acceptance Confirmation emails. Awaiting official receipt notice (Form I-797) in the mail.

08/25/2015 (day 8) - Received NOA by mail

08/29/2015 (day 12) - NOA for Biometrics appointment. Date set for 09/08/2015

09/01/2015 (day 15) - Successful walk-in Biometrics @ a different location

12/17/2015 (day 123) - In line for interview

12/21/2015 (day 127) - Interview scheduled

12/24/2015 (day 130) - Interview letter received with interview date of Jan 27, 2016

01/27/2016 (day 164) - N400 Interview--Application approved.

02/07/2016 (day 175) - Oath ceremony letter arrived.Oath scheduled for 02/18/2016

02/18/2018 (day 186) - Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Guinea
Timeline

I was scheduled for an interview yesterday (case updated). I presume my interview date will be around Jan 21.

Life is GREAT! SMILE! smile.png

I-130 Approved July 2013 (PD Dec 2011)

AOS DBVB

07/30/2013 - AOS packet sent via Express mail (I-485, I-131, I-765)

08/01/2013 (day 1) - Delivered to USCIS Chicago

08/06/2013 (day 6 ) - Received USCIS Acceptance Confirmation emails. Awaiting official receipt notice (Form I-797) in the mail.

08/08/2013 (day 8 ) - Checks cashed

08/10/2013 (day 10) - Received 3 NOA's by mail (I-485, I-131, I-765)

08/16/2013 (day 16 ) - NOA for Biometrics appointment. Date set for 08/28/2013

08/19/2013 (day 19) - Successful walk-in Biometrics

08/28/2013 (day 28) - Biometrics appointment (Original)

9/11/2013 (day 42) - I-485 status online changed to "testing & interview"

9/26/2013 (day 57) - EAD status online changed to "card production", I-131 approved.

9/30/2013 (day 61) - EAD/AP card production ordered

10/04/2013 (day 65) - EAD/AP card mailed

10/07/2013 (day 68) - EAD/AP card received. *USCIS spelling error on card so they will have to redo the card.

10/16/2013 (day 77) - EAD/AP card mailed back to USCIS due to USCIS spelling error on card.

11/23/2013 (day 115) - EAD/AP card received with correct name.

01/02/2014 (day 155) - I-485 status showing the interview date updated - Interview on Feb 4, 2014.

01/04/2014 (day 157 ) - Received NOA about the interview appointment on Feb 4, 2014

02/04/2014 (day 187) - Interview @ SLC

02/04/2014 (day 187) - I-485 Approved

02/13/2014 (day 197 ) - Green Card Received (10 Year GC)

--------------------------

Citizenship [bB]

08/17/2015 - N-400 packet sent via Express mail

08/19/2015 (day 2) - Delivered to USCIS Phoenix Lockbox

08/20/2015 (day 3) - Received USCIS Acceptance Confirmation emails. Awaiting official receipt notice (Form I-797) in the mail.

08/25/2015 (day 8) - Received NOA by mail

08/29/2015 (day 12) - NOA for Biometrics appointment. Date set for 09/08/2015

09/01/2015 (day 15) - Successful walk-in Biometrics @ a different location

12/17/2015 (day 123) - In line for interview

12/21/2015 (day 127) - Interview scheduled

12/24/2015 (day 130) - Interview letter received with interview date of Jan 27, 2016

01/27/2016 (day 164) - N400 Interview--Application approved.

02/07/2016 (day 175) - Oath ceremony letter arrived.Oath scheduled for 02/18/2016

02/18/2018 (day 186) - Oath ceremony

• 2 weeks later...

MiaPA: Give it another month or 2 , you will get interview. My biometics were on 2/25 and Oct-2 only i got inline for interview. We are at the mercy of them. They can do whatever they want to.

Did your background check also take long time during your green card process???

I heard that N400 application will also take long time for those who got stuck in the process during the green card stage?

Is that true?

I did my biometrics for N400 and I have not heard anything yet.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.