Jump to content

K1 Visa and Criminal Rehabilitation

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

I am Canadian and my boyfriend is American. We have talked about long term plans of getting married; however, he is inadmissible to Canada but is eligible to apply for criminal rehabilitation (for a couple summary offences that happened over 5 years ago). We met online but have met twice in person for extended periods of time. My question is, if he plans on proposing in December (8 months from now) and then sponsor me to come to the US through a K1 visa, can he also apply for criminal rehabilitation as well so that he may eventually travel to Canada? The criminal rehabilitation application is through the Canadian government whereas the K1 visa is through the U.S.

Any advice would be very helpful, thanks!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.