harry66

VAWA I-360 approved but I-485 was denied after interview.

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

i got this letter dated April 22 2015. I get a negative decision on AOS.

Reasons for Denial

1. 10 year bar-- This make me inadmissible under INA 212(a)(9)©. You also did obtain consent to reapply for admission after removal period specific in the above.

INA 212(a)(9)(A) and © and 245(a)(2). INA 212(a)(9)(A)(ii)(II)--> Bar and entering under removal respectively.

2. They said that I didn't have a valid birth certificate

3. I have not established my ID because I was EWI. Do you think my 82 year old can help me on the Birth certificate as ID she is visiting now?

She did an affidavit in 2007 which turns out to be of different date mistaken by one date of the last affidavit she sent. USCIS is using that against me.

4. They also cited INA 212(a)(2)(A)--Yes it was felony which happened in 1996. I pleaded after 6 months (under a year and max was 5yr) and probation didn't go to prison.

They pulled all my record civil and criminal. They even went as far as school records and court records. How can I jump this hurdles? I hope someone can help me out here on how to go about this issues.

Edited by harry66

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You committed a felony ( what was it ? ) was deported and reentered without inspection after that ? Even though you have a VAWA claim you seem to be basically ineligible otherwise. I don't think you are able to file a waiver even if you had a USC that could show hardship.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

~~moved to general immigration discussion as topic is about AOS but not from any visa type so doesn't belong in the AOS forums from IR1/CR1 process and procedures~~

Given that you have a criminal record, the chances of you getting a green cards are very slim. Also if you were not inspected at the border you need a waiver and have to interview in your home country and cannot adjust your status. I-601A

I advise a really good immigration lawyer.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I think what happened is:

Entered illegally

Committed felony, served part of sentence and deported.

Re entered illegally, which is another feloney.

VAWA poster boy

Seemingly his mother is here visiting him, wonder of she mentioned he was here when applying for a visitor visa.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

i got this letter dated April 22 2015. I get a negative decision on AOS.

Reasons for Denial

1. 10 year bar-- This make me inadmissible under INA 212(a)(9)©. You also did obtain consent to reapply for admission after removal period specific in the above.

INA 212(a)(9)(A) and © and 245(a)(2). INA 212(a)(9)(A)(ii)(II)--> Bar and entering under removal respectively.

2. They said that I didn't have a valid birth certificate

3. I have not established my ID because I was EWI. Do you think my 82 year old can help me on the Birth certificate as ID she is visiting now?

She did an affidavit in 2007 which turns out to be of different date mistaken by one date of the last affidavit she sent. USCIS is using that against me.

4. They also cited INA 212(a)(2)(A)--Yes it was felony which happened in 1996. I pleaded after 6 months (under a year and max was 5yr) and probation didn't go to prison.

They pulled all my record civil and criminal. They even went as far as school records and court records. How can I jump this hurdles? I hope someone can help me out here on how to go about this issues.

******************************************************************Factum**********************************************************************

I first arrived in 1994. I got in trouble in 1996. Through a lawyer I took out voluntary departure after that, in 1997 I went o Canada.

I returned USA in 2005. I declared asylum at the airport. They locked me up for 9 months after verifying what I told them. I got released in june 2006.

The asylum turned into withholding only hearing because of the felony. I was under supervised release for a long time as the condition of release. I got married to a USC which I later didn't follow through as I pulled the I-130. I didn't use that but it still counts. How? I don't know because I-130 was pulled. Later I remarried in 2010. Files VAWA in 2011. After a

long hard fight VAWA got approve in Aug. 2014.

My sister is a USC she file I-130 for me in 2008 that one was approve too as well the one Ex-spouse filed in 2010. My sister brought my mother on a visitors visa and she already started adjusting her status. She is here legally tho I think you should know that.

Now I will like to adjust my status and they are using previous violation and present entry against me. Earlier last year the court dismissed the withholding after I sublimed on the Vawa application--The court new that the vawa was approved. VAWA is not a legal status but protects one from possible deportation: Correct me if I am wrong but it doesn't make any sense here. I don't understand why they can't just allow me to remain in peace and move around freely. So I am asking if anyone had seen a thing like this before please help me.

Timeline

I think what happened is:

Entered illegally

Committed felony, served part of sentence and deported.

Re entered illegally, which is another feloney.

VAWA poster boy

Seemingly his mother is here visiting him, wonder of she mentioned he was here when applying for a visitor visa.

You are wrong because you are too quick to judge people you don't know. You think you are better than anyone here. Immigrants with there hardship still strife make their life and your life better let me tell you. Do you know who put in the most patent in this country. Do you know who heads most science departments in this country. Do you know who babysit your kids while you are at work. Do you know who picks your apple that you eat at lunch. Yes some are pure evil. There are very nice ones as well. Many people came here with good intentions but they made mistakes that follows them around still they keep there head up and try to create businesses and pay taxes because their life depend on it. What do you understand about that? I know that you have never live without food or worry about your next meal. Have fought again't malaria before? You are a white bread and buttered fellow with know understanding of what life is on the other side of the globe. I hope that God will help all those willing to turn a new leaf and do better. Life will go on and I will make it no matter what the odd may be. It had been 5 years a guy like you said that my VAWA will never be approved. After three applications it was approved ok.

Timeline

He states has EWI so no status.

That might be wrong cause I sought asylum when I entered they held me for some questioning and then the NJ asylum officer came to my rescues I proved positive for PDRC. That is a threshold hearing that means they checked your stories to see if you are lying. After they cut me loose in 9 months. Dont they have to parole me in of something. I was placed on supervised release. I do have an approved VAWA just to let you know. Thanks.

Timeline

Even more impressive that I thought:

False Asylum Claim

Multiple marriages seeking a GC

Even Mother abuses her visitor visa and stays and adjusts.

Presumably last wife was not playing ball so smacks in a VAWA and we all know how legitimate many of those are.

And Nigerian, sometimes you can not make it up!

I was going to suggest a troll as he hits so many bases, sadly I think the story is true.

Well, You have your opinion and I have mine. Your world is perfect and mine is not perfect and I have to fix mine for myself as I will continue to stay away from your kind. I am not sure what you are doing here but you are not of help to anyone including yourself. You don't need to be here my friend find something better to do with your time. You don't have to bother with trolls like me ok. Just ignore that we ever talked shallom.

Timeline

You committed a felony ( what was it ? ) was deported and reentered without inspection after that ? Even though you have a VAWA claim you seem to be basically ineligible otherwise. I don't think you are able to file a waiver even if you had a USC that could show hardship.

Igwe na ikwu ezi okwu... Your point is flat no one knows how it will go. Any way what are the waivers? Do you know?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.