natewill18

Amanda from Bucharest Embassy denied my friend a VISA because of her beauty

51 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I am boiling in my skin right now out of anger. MY friend had a full scholarship with written letters of admission to the Musicians Institute in California, US. The head of the Institute even wrote a formal letter to the Bucharest Embassy in order to get her at their school. My friend went to the Conservatory in Romania and is a classically trained violinist.

Even with all these documents and talent, she was greeted with disrespect by Amanda at the embassy. Amanda assumed she would not come back to Romania and she was just looking for a rich husband. My friend is 5'11" and attractive but was treated like a Romanian prostitute by the Bucharest Embassy. They even went as far as to suggest local Romanian male celebrities she could date. They cost her her education and dignity on the two occasions she was denied.

Is there anything she can do?? I'm american so of course I feel entitled and feel like I would sue the embassy or call and complain. What can I or she do to rectify this travesty?!

This all happened about a year or two ago respectfully

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It would help us asses the situation, you have made various claims, wanted to see if there was any relevance.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

In that case a link?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Models can get H1b's I believe.

Timeline

She won't have been denied for being beautiful. You've said she appeared to them to be without strong ties to her home country. You were not present I assume? Difficult to know exactly what was said then.

Good question, best if she joined and we could get the information straight from the horses mouth.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I was going to chime in with other users. It really is impossible to know what happened at the interview. Usually when people are denied, they receive an explanation and a law code for the reason she is denied. However, I am sure ( she ) could file a complaint fi she felt the staff was unprofessional, no?

I would think the best thing to do is find out why she was denied, and the fix that problem. I have not yet read any regulations that say you can be denied based on physical appearance.

PETITION I-130

1/2/2015 - Petition sent to Phoenix Lockbox

1/6/2015 - NOA #1 Receipt

7/1/2015 - NOA #2 Approved

7/10/2015 - Email from Nebraska stating sent the case to NVC

NVC

7/16/15 - Case Received by NVC

7/30/15 - Case number assigned

8/3/15 - DS-261 Agent available

8/4/15 - DS-261 Agent completed

8/4/15 - AOS fee available & paid

8/6/15 - Check cleared the bank & bar-code cover sheet now available

8/13/15 - AOS Packet & IV Packet sent to NVC by priority mail

8/15/15 - IV fee available & paid same day

8/17/15 - NVC received package

8/19/15 - Check cleared the bank & DS-260 available & DS-260 completed!!! ALSO, we received email notification from NVC that they received package on 8/17

- Case completed at NVC

- Case sent to Embassy on this date

EMBASSY

- Embassy received packet

- Wife received Packet 3/4 Instructions

- Medical appointment

- Interview

Point of Entry

- Enter Austin, Texas

Good question, best if she joined and we could get the information straight from the horses mouth.

Haha, this OP is even madder than his/her friend is. Sue US government because they denied her F1 visa, you must be funny at party.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Timeline

I am boiling in my skin right now out of anger. MY friend had a full scholarship with written letters of admission to the Musicians Institute in California, US. The head of the Institute even wrote a formal letter to the Bucharest Embassy in order to get her at their school. My friend went to the Conservatory in Romania and is a classically trained violinist.

Even with all these documents and talent, she was greeted with disrespect by Amanda at the embassy. Amanda assumed she would not come back to Romania and she was just looking for a rich husband. My friend is 5'11" and attractive but was treated like a Romanian prostitute by the Bucharest Embassy. They even went as far as to suggest local Romanian male celebrities she could date. They cost her her education and dignity on the two occasions she was denied.

Is there anything she can do?? I'm american so of course I feel entitled and feel like I would sue the embassy or call and complain. What can I or she do to rectify this travesty?!

This all happened about a year or two ago respectfully

While I can believe she was not really treated properly, one must remember coming to the

US is a priviiege & not a right for anyone except the USC....I must say beautiful women

worldwide are interviewed for visas everyday, so being beautiful disqualifies no one.

The CO are humans they are not suppose to come to a decision based on personal prejudices

but I do believe on rare occasions it happens but cannot be proven, there is no appeal on this &

cant understand the suggestions that she date local men , but how would that convo comes up.

COs are rolled out every 2 yrs I think & a person can apply for a visa whenever, as long as its

paid for , however there are no garantees, and no one can sue, many consulate preceptions

are based on cultural norms & training re: the posted country

* Sidenote some young ladies do have a sensual aura and some don't know when to downplay this

which will irks the heck out of another female

Edited by Jawaree

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.