armada

How long is the process from start to finish?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

I am a U.S. citizen currently living in Canada. I was recently offered a position in Hawaii and before I accept the offer I was wondering how long it would take to process all the paper work from start (filing I-130) to finish (arriving at POE). My wife is a Canadian citizen and we will be filing through the Chicago Lockbox and attending the interview at U.S. Consulate General Montreal.

What has everyone else's experience been in regards to timeline?

Thanks!

:dancing:

I was told a year to 14 months for our case but my wife lives in pakistan and we will be having the interview over there... so. Maybe 8 or 10 months for you guys...

IR-1/CR-1

NOA-1 December 16, 2014

REF- June 24, 2015 ---------------190 days since NOA 1

RFE Respond- July 5, 2015 ----

NOA- 2 July 24, 2015 ------------- 220 days since NOA 1

NVC Sent- August 04, 2015 ----- 11 days since NOA 2

NVC Rcvd- August 18, 2015 ---- 14 days later
Case ID & IIN obtained- August 21, 2015 (over phone)

DS 261 completed- August 25, 2015

AOS Paid- August 25, 2015

Documents Sent- September 28

IV Paid- September 28, 2015

Document Scan- October 2, 2015

DS 260 Completed- October 5, 2015

Case Complete- October 29, 2015 --------- 27 days since Case Complete

Interview Scheduled- November 14, 2015 (Interview date- December 15, 2015)

Medical Done- November 23, 2015

Interview- December 15, 2015

Result- Need joint sponsor. Liquid assets not accepted.

... Looking for joint sponsor now.

Visa In Hand- .....

POE- .....

About a year give or take.

The USCIS timelines vary from 2-8 months and right now the NVC is faster than it was last year. But that could change obviously.

Generally it helps with initial petition if both petitioner and beneficiary live abroad. The US Consulate in Montreal prefers the petitioner to be living in the USA by the time of the interview however.

Congrats on the job offer in Hawaii. I would live there in a heartbeat. I've been to the Big Island twice and both times were too short by far!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.