buju

Questions on Using Advanced Parole Document

5 posts in this topic

Happy Friday everyone!

I applied for my AP after i have received my EAD card. Is the AP document just a sheet of hard paper?

How long can i be out of the country with an AP document? I am planning on staying out of the country for up to three months.

I also received the dreaded Potential Interview waiver.

Your response will grealty be appreciated!!

Happy Friday everyone!

I applied for my AP after i have received my EAD card. Is the AP document just a sheet of hard paper?

How long can i be out of the country with an AP document? I am planning on staying out of the country for up to three months.

I also received the dreaded Potential Interview waiver.

Your response will grealty be appreciated!!

The EAD and AP are issued together as a combo card when applied together. Since the AP is now a plastic card, I bet you will be receiving a plastic card with your photo and a statement that this card acts like an I-512 (AP). So your EAD and AP will have different expiration dates is my guess too.

The same rules for AP apply to any LPR. Stays up to 6 months do not rise to the level of extra scrunity. Stays of 6 months to a year can get extra questioning upon re-entry and stays over a yer require a re-entry permit BEFORE you leave. Just be aware that stay greater than six months affect your continuous residency requirement for citizenship. I highly recommend you go over to the USCIS website and check out the rammificaton of extended stays outside the US and how that affects your LPR status and eligibility for USC.

Dave

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.