CheDan

Granuloma on xray

23 posts in this topic

I like that you are here as you can bring a perspective from a Doctors point. I enjoy and learn quite a bit from your postings. I hope you stick around and continue to help those whom have medical questions.

The experience that we see from SLEC is that their commitment is to USEM and not to the patient. They will review anything you bring with you but in reality, they will do their own testing and draw conclusions from their results ONLY. The equipment they use is much more advanced then what can be found in a Doctor's office in a province. She can bring her own test results but they hold no or very little weight once SLEC reviews their findings and makes their decision.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to offer what would appear to be your personal experience or advice regarding a matter like in the Philippines. I am very well aware of how the Americans, USEM, and SLEC conduct business in the Philippines. My gal is from the Philippines. So what if the SLEC Dr. and/or Med. Tech. refuses to look at the OP’s medical record(s) or documentation – he has absolutely nothing to lose by offering it. Just like it has been known for Filipinos that appear to be at risk of going TNT in the USA to be offered B2 (visitor’s) visas, an SLEC Dr. or Med. Tech. might be in a good mood, perhaps had a good time the night before and got him some…, and give consideration to the OP’s medical record and documentation. This may be rare, but it does happen. Just to offer my personal experience, my gal had a skin condition early in life that left scars and the Dr. was glad that she brought her medical documentation with her, from perhaps a barangay Dr., and it was given due consideration, otherwise, she would have been susceptible to further tests and/or procedures that would have been unnecessary.

Once again, I would encourage the OP to take his medical record(s) and documentation with him for his medical. Like you have said, it probably won’t be accepted, but there is always the possibility that it could be and it would be a terrible mistake not to have taken it with him for any possible consideration. Congrats of being given reputation value for your posting.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to offer what would appear to be your personal experience or advice regarding a matter like in the Philippines. I am very well aware of how the Americans, USEM, and SLEC conduct business in the Philippines. My gal is from the Philippines. So what if the SLEC Dr. and/or Med. Tech. refuses to look at the OP’s medical record(s) or documentation – he has absolutely nothing to lose by offering it. Just like it has been known for Filipinos that appear to be at risk of going TNT in the USA to be offered B2 (visitor’s) visas, an SLEC Dr. or Med. Tech. might be in a good mood, perhaps had a good time the night before and got him some…, and give consideration to the OP’s medical record and documentation. This may be rare, but it does happen. Just to offer my personal experience, my gal had a skin condition early in life that left scars and the Dr. was glad that she brought her medical documentation with her, from perhaps a barangay Dr., and it was given due consideration, otherwise, she would have been susceptible to further tests and/or procedures that would have been unnecessary.

Once again, I would encourage the OP to take his medical record(s) and documentation with him for his medical. Like you have said, it probably won’t be accepted, but there is always the possibility that it could be and it would be a terrible mistake not to have taken it with him for any possible consideration. Congrats of being given reputation value for your posting.

Thank you for your reply and insight. I would not discourage anyone from bringing there family Doctor's "findings" but I don't want their hope to be inflated.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Thank you for your reply and insight. I would not discourage anyone from bringing there family Doctor's "findings" but I don't want their hope to be inflated.

Let me offer an MD's perspective regarding the OP from just what they've offered/posted.

Past Medical History: Negative for TB

Annual Physical/Medical Exam Sept 2014: Negative X-ray

X-Ray done in March 2015: Positive for Granuloma

If this were my patient, the thinking would go like this: "Patient has a negative history and clean X-rays as recent as 7 months ago. Last month something new popped up on X-ray."

Anything that's on a recent X-ray and not previously seen means that it has developed within the last 6 months. Whether it's TB, Sarcoidosis, an Autoimmune/Inflammatory/Benign/Malignant disorder, the fact is it's just popped up and needs to be investigated further. It's not something that should be ignored.

So if what appears to be a granuloma shows up on the X Ray at SLEC, considering the burden placed on them by USEM & CDC, they'll likely take any outside lab results with a grain of salt and probably have them run anyway. Whether the X-ray shows a granuloma, fibrosis, or haziness at the apex of the lung, it's all about the level of clinical suspicion when deciding how to proceed from there.

I'm just looking back to what the OP originally posted. No history of TB. How can there be a scar according to the pulmonologist? Any history of other pulmonary infections or conditions? Any history of smoking or environmental exposure? Just thinking out loud.

Edited by manilaraf

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Audentes Fortuna Adiuvat"

==========

Dec 11, 2014 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila (...and we're on the clock...) - Read about my experience filing DCF here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/527064-filed-dcf-i-130-for-ir-1-at-us-embassy-manila-aar/

Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between.

Dec 24, 2014 - NOA2: I called USCIS @ USEM on Jan 5, 2015 and was told the I-130 was approved on Christmas Eve. Thank you Santa!

Jan 13, 2015 - MNL Case Number & Packet 3 Received via email (I emailed the IV Unit-Manila requesting these on Jan 5, 2015 and Jan 12, 2015)

Jan 21, 2015 - NOA2: Mailed (via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to our place here in Manila.

Jan 22, 2015 - Packet 3: Mailed (again via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to out place here in Manila.

Feb 24 & 25, 2015 - Day 1 & Day 2 of Medical @ SLEC. Immunizations given on Day 2, thankfully

Mar 5, 2015 - USEM Interview Appointment - IR-1 Visa Approved! (CEAC Status updated to ISSUED afternoon of interview day)

Mar 10, 2015 - 3pm - Received SMS saying IV Package ready for pickup at 2GO MoA. Picked up at 5pm. (Shipped/Picked Up/In Hand on 3rd Business Day post interview)

Mar 13, 2015 - CFO Manila - Done

==========

Now disposing/selling/giving away/shipping to the US stuff from 14 years in the PHL and 4 years together before heading to POE.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you for giving me hope on what you've posted above worst comes to worst I am already prepared but as what you have said i will bring all necessary documents. We never know they might consider it.

May 4, 2014 Met Online

August 21- September 2, 2014 Fiance First Trip to the Philippines

November 13- 25, 2014 Fiance Second Trip to the Philippines

November 16, 2014 Got Engaged

December 14- January 14, 2015 Fiance Third Trip to the Philippines

February 5, 2015 Submit 1-129 petition

February 12, 2015 NOA 1

May 7, 2015 NOA 2 (Approved)

June 3-4, 2015 Medical (Passed)

June 25- July 15, 2015 Fiance Fourth Trip to the Philippines

June 26, 2015 Interview (Passed)

July 8, 2015 Visa Issued

July 11, 2015 Visa on Hand

July 15, 2015 POE Chicago O'Hare Airport

" To God be the Glory"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Remember this is the Philippines, If you have a cough or cold people rush to see a doctor.

If you have a scar you will being doing sputum

I have never seen a country where people are afraid of rain, You be on the streets and it starts raining and you can't find a taxi or a jeepny or taxi. People believe they are going to catch a cold from getting rained on in this country.......

Thank you for giving me hope on what you've posted above worst comes to worst I am already prepared but as what you have said i will bring all necessary documents. We never know they might consider it.

You are more than welcome. I will also add that whatever petition you are filing or involved with and there is an interview scheduled for that petition, I would encourage you to take a copy of the entire petition that you are being interviewed for along with any required/requested evidence and documentation. There are members here that will tell you it is not necessary to bring all the documentation with you, but you don't know what the IO will ask to see and if you don't have it with you you could delayed in getting the visa or what the petition filed is asking for.

Best of luck!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

done with my immunization.. God is good! did not undergo for sputum... Miracles do happen everyday... thanks to all of you... next interview on june 26...

May 4, 2014 Met Online

August 21- September 2, 2014 Fiance First Trip to the Philippines

November 13- 25, 2014 Fiance Second Trip to the Philippines

November 16, 2014 Got Engaged

December 14- January 14, 2015 Fiance Third Trip to the Philippines

February 5, 2015 Submit 1-129 petition

February 12, 2015 NOA 1

May 7, 2015 NOA 2 (Approved)

June 3-4, 2015 Medical (Passed)

June 25- July 15, 2015 Fiance Fourth Trip to the Philippines

June 26, 2015 Interview (Passed)

July 8, 2015 Visa Issued

July 11, 2015 Visa on Hand

July 15, 2015 POE Chicago O'Hare Airport

" To God be the Glory"

done with my immunization.. God is good! did not undergo for sputum... Miracles do happen everyday... thanks to all of you... next interview on june 26...

I'm happy for you. Onto the next step. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.