angelalahavok

Question #7 AOS

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Affidivit of support question #7 asks for "I have on deposit in savings banks in the United States" is it asking for how much in saving cus I read u can put how much is in ur checking at the present time.

Also for the personal property I put the value of my car, tv, and computer. Am I gonna have to show proof of these things later on? Because I don't have proof that I own the tv and computer besides taking a pic of it.

Lastly for the rest of that section if I don't have it should I put N/A, 0, or leave blank?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Affidivit of support question #7 asks for "I have on deposit in savings banks in the United States" is it asking for how much in saving cus I read u can put how much is in ur checking at the present time.

Also for the personal property I put the value of my car, tv, and computer. Am I gonna have to show proof of these things later on? Because I don't have proof that I own the tv and computer besides taking a pic of it.

Lastly for the rest of that section if I don't have it should I put N/A, 0, or leave blank?

If your annual income is sufficient, then all these can be left blank. For personal property, yes you'd have to provide proof of ownership and usually an official appraisal of its value....most folks don't list TVs and such but very large sum objects.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If your income meets the requirement and you are not using assets to try and offset a shortcoming in your income, then leave all of that section blank. Assets are not a requirement, and yes, you have to prove ownership and net value of everything you list. Assets are calculated at 3 to 5 times the income amount you are short. So, what you have in a savings or checking account is not simply added to your annual income that way.

The I-134 instructions are very vague. Read the I-864 instructions that have details about using assets. The guidelines for the I-864 will better help you understand the affidavit of support process/requirements.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.