martako

TSC processing time

74 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm not overly worried about AOS (not that I don't understand the frustration with the backlog and uneven processing times. it's awful too). I mostly just want to be able to stop paying for two houses in two countries and get to chance to see my partner more than once every 100 or so days (at $500 a pop). His green card, while important, is a far second to the ability to see each other and get to start our lives in the States.

Agreed. I couldn't care less about the AOS. Likewise with the green card.

I just want to get her here to the states as fast as possible so that we can actually be together in person, rather than being together over the phone and Skype.

Flights to/from South Korea are not exactly cheap (Starting from roughly $1000 and up). It's gotten to the point where the costs of the flights don't even really phase me anymore. I would drop $1000 every month or so to go see her if I had the vacation time. As we both work fulltime, our vacation times are limited so we're basically left with seeing each other only 2-3 times a year.

Lazy workers, incompetent management, apathy, etc. Who knows what the underlying reason is. But when your underlying reason (laziness, horrible management, etc.) is affecting people's lives directly, you better believe this is a serious problem.

Edited by AirConditioner515

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Slovakia
Timeline

All of you bashing TSC have no idea what you are talking about. Every time the president grants a new program such as DACA we have to process millions of new applications with the same amount of people. Then when we do hire have to train up. Immigration law is complicated after all. You are the ones trying to immigrate and will always have complaints. Instead of having your fiances come here why don't you go there?

All of you bashing TSC have no idea what you are talking about. Every time the president grants a new program such as DACA we have to process millions of new applications with the same amount of people. Then when we do hire have to train up. Immigration law is complicated after all. You are the ones trying to immigrate and will always have complaints. Instead of having your fiances come here why don't you go there?

YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT ARE U TALKIN ABOUT. in my country even slovak people have trouble to find normal and better paid job. so guess how my american fiancee who doesnt speak slovak would do! and least dont bullshit here please! omg i made me mad....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

But other service centers seem to handle these things better...... I, for one, do not necessarily blame the staff at TSC so much as management and USCIS for not working to correct things in a more timely manner.

There are probably a lot of reasons why people choose to have the fiance move here instead of moving to where the fiance lives. That's really irrelevant though. What is relevant is that CSC approves i129fs in a fraction of the time it takes TSC. They seem to be able to handle complicated immigration law just fine.

Edited by April+Daniel

I think that a lot of people do understand that a huge part of the problem is new programs and understaffing. That's what people are referring to when they're talking about mismanagement etc. And the imbalance is the key problem here. As others have pointed out, the fact that the other service center's workload is such that they're doing these in a fraction of the time points to a really bad mismanagement of workload distribution. This isn't the individual workers' fault (though, I suppose some people here have said that, which isn't fair) but a systemic failure from the top.

And---I do get your frustration but you do have to realize that people don't choose this path for fun---that if it was possible or preferable to just move there, they would? Tons of Americans move overseas for their fiances/husbands/families. They're not on this site, because this is a US immigration site. The folks on this site have already figured out what works for our situations. And yes, it's great to have this option available to us. But, just like with other government benefits, if the system is broken and you're getting the short end of the stick, you get frustrated (except unlike other government benefits, we're paying for this directly). You wouldn't tell someone whose Social Security checks stopped arriving on time to leave if they don't like it, or to go back to work if they can't handle late payments from SSA.

This is available to us, we're paying for it, it's supposed to work, and one would expect that applicants receive equal treatment. But we don't, all because someone somewhere let the backlog/ workload imbalance grow without acting. And the end result is significantly longer periods of separation than we've been told to expect, which (as you can see) has serious practical and financial consequences for people.

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

23 Dec 2015: Legal marriage

23 Jan 2016: Wedding!

23 Jan 2016: "Blizzard of the Century", wedding canceled/rescheduled (thank goodness we were legally married first or we'd have had a big problem!) :sleepy:

24 Jan 2016: Small "civil ceremony" with friends and family who were snowed in with us. December was a bit of a secret and people had traveled internationally and knew we *had* to get married that weekend, and our December legal marriage was nothing but signing a piece of paper at our priest's kitchen table, without any sort of vows etc so this was actually a very special (if not legally significant) day. (L)

16 Apr 2016: Filed for AOS and EAD/AP (We delayed a bit-- no big rush, enjoying the USCIS break)

23 Apr 2016: Wedding! Finally! :luv:

27 Apr 2016: Electronic NOA1 for all 3 :dancing:
29 Apr 2016: NOA1 Hardcopy for all 3
29 Jul 2016: Online service request for late EAD (Day 104)
29 Jul 2016: EAD/AP Approved ~3 hours after online service request
04 Aug 2016: RFE for Green Card (requested medicals/ vaccination record. They already have it). :ranting:
05 Aug 2016: EAD/AP Combo Card arrived! (Day 111)
08 Aug 2016: Congressional constituent request to get guidance on the RFE. Hoping they see they have the form and approve!

K-1 Visa Timeline:

PLEASE NOTE. This timeline was during the period of time when TSC was working on I-129fs and had a huge backlog. The average processing time was 210+ days. This is in no way predictive of your own timeline if you filed during or after April 2015, unless CSC develops a backlog. A backlog is anything above the 5-month goal time listed on USCIS's site

14 Feb 2015: Mailed I-129f to Dallas Lockbox. (L) (Most expensive Valentine's card I've ever sent!)

17 Feb 2015: NOA1 "Received Date"
19 Feb 2015: NOA1 Notice Date
08 Aug 2015: NOA2 email! :luv: (173 days from NOA1)

17 Aug 2015: Sent to NVC

?? Aug 2015: Arrived at NVC

25 Aug 2015: NVC Case # Assigned

31 Aug 2015: Left NVC for Consulate in San Jose

09 Sep 2015: Consulate received :dancing: (32 days from NOA2)

11 Sep 2015: Packet 3 emailed from embassy to me, the petitioner (34 days from NOA2).

18 Sep 2015: Medicals complete

21 Sep 2015: Packet 3 complete, my boss puts a temporary moratorium on all time off due to work emergency :clock:

02 Oct 2015: Work emergency clears up, interview scheduled (soonest available was 5 business days away--Columbus Day was in there)

13 Oct 2015: Interview

13 Oct 2015: VISA APPROVED :thumbs: (236 days from NOA1)

19 Oct 2015: Visa-in-hand

24 Oct 2015: POE !

15 Dec 2015: Fiance's mother's B-2 visa interview: APPROVED! So happy she will be at the wedding! :thumbs:

!

I'm sorry, it sounds like you have a problem with us having our fiancés legally immigrate to this country. Quite frankly, the statement of ''why don't you go there'' smacks of a grave lack of understanding of the immigration process, and a certain kind of attitude toward immigrants in general, because if you knew anything about the immigration process of the UK, you would know what you'd like simply isn't possible.

If you truly work for the federal government in a USCIS capacity (because impersonating a federal employee is a crime), remember that you get to go home to your family every single day, while we pay our fee and respectfully wait in line for someone to do their job -- all the while facing no answers, no assistance, and ignorance. Try to have some empathy for the lack of dignity and respect we're facing.

No one's job is easy, but a compassionate person would realize this isn't easy for us either.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I understand . However other services centers may be doing less forms or concentrate on other things. We have a large humanitarian staff here as well as employment based applications. I am the first to bash the government but take exception to being called incompetent. Those who want to bash are not making a good impression on the country they would like to join.

I don't think I ever said incompetent. Idk if someone else did, but I didnt. So that just proves my point, if TSC is overloaded with humanitarian and employment based apps, USCIS should be allocating more work to other service centers which are not burdened with those apps.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

may I ask who you are and for what reason you're part of this forum at all if you can't see the need for anyone it seems to immigrate to the U.S.?

Mart, so if things suck so bad there maybe you should be thankful you have an opportunity to come to the U.S. instead of complaining about our process.

That's hardly fair, and I was just about to defend you against having a "certain attitude toward immigrants in general". What Mart was saying is that it is difficult enough for a Slovak person to get a job there---what is a non-Slovak speaking person supposed to do? Mart say that because you suggested that the US citizens should "just move to your fiance's country instead", and there's one very good example of why this isn't a good idea or possible for some people. The same exact could be said in the US (especially certain parts of the US)---getting a job here isn't always easy, how much harder would it be for a non-English speaking person?

And again, there isn't too much bashing of individuals going on here. Most people realize that this isn't an individual or a worker problem, but a systemic problem from top (which is almost worse). But also saying that you're not making a good impression on the country you'd like to join--I get it, I do. But again, this is something that the government provides as a route to immigration and people pay a lot of money for these services. To be treated so unequally with other, identical, applicants is a real kick in the teeth. All anyone is asking for is something approaching an equitable process, which USCIS has long been failing to provide.

I know you probably don't want to think about it but the US is trying to make an impression too. One of USCIS's top priorities is naturalization of legal residents (as stated on a recent conference call with the Director). I can easily see how someone would balk at the idea of paying even more money and spending even more time in the black hole that is the immigration process after experiencing these early steps. And I can't say I blame them.

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

23 Jan 2016: "Blizzard of the Century", wedding canceled/rescheduled (thank goodness we were legally married first or we'd have had a big problem!) :sleepy:

24 Jan 2016: Small "civil ceremony" with friends and family who were snowed in with us. December was a bit of a secret and people had traveled internationally and knew we *had* to get married that weekend, and our December legal marriage was nothing but signing a piece of paper at our priest's kitchen table, without any sort of vows etc so this was actually a very special (if not legally significant) day. (L)

16 Apr 2016: Filed for AOS and EAD/AP (We delayed a bit-- no big rush, enjoying the USCIS break)

04 Aug 2016: RFE for Green Card (requested medicals/ vaccination record. They already have it). :ranting:
08 Aug 2016: Congressional constituent request to get guidance on the RFE. Hoping they see they have the form and approve!

K-1 Visa Timeline:

PLEASE NOTE. This timeline was during the period of time when TSC was working on I-129fs and had a huge backlog. The average processing time was 210+ days. This is in no way predictive of your own timeline if you filed during or after April 2015, unless CSC develops a backlog. A backlog is anything above the 5-month goal time listed on USCIS's site

14 Feb 2015: Mailed I-129f to Dallas Lockbox. (L) (Most expensive Valentine's card I've ever sent!)

11 Sep 2015: Packet 3 emailed from embassy to me, the petitioner (34 days from NOA2).

21 Sep 2015: Packet 3 complete, my boss puts a temporary moratorium on all time off due to work emergency :clock:

02 Oct 2015: Work emergency clears up, interview scheduled (soonest available was 5 business days away--Columbus Day was in there)

15 Dec 2015: Fiance's mother's B-2 visa interview: APPROVED! So happy she will be at the wedding! :thumbs:

!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Mmm seriously have doubts that this dude works uscis lol might have applied for one of those hundreds of jobs but with a attitude like that work in immigrantion? Seriously don't hope so! Anyone I guess it's my fiancé's right as a U.S. Citizen to stay in his country and want his family with him just as much as anyone else! Full stop!

Edited by DerekYolande82

Timeline

Mart, so if things suck so bad there maybe you should be thankful you have an opportunity to come to the U.S. instead of complaining about our process.

What are you talking about?

A - I never said, it sucks to live in Slovakia, I am going to live in US just because I happened to fall in love with American.

B - I have never complained about the process just happened to mention it is slow compare to centre in Cali.

I do not really understand what is your deal here. We can talk about anything here, complain about anything. That is why the forums are for.

When you have some problem as the customer I bet you are also complaining about something, and you are mad at the person who is helping you, call that person incompetent even though that person has nothing to do with the problem. I work in hotel and if I would take everything so personal as you do, I would go crazy.

So please do not take all this personal.

We are taking all this personal because this is about us not about you.

Thank you

Timeline

That's hardly fair, and I was just about to defend you against having a "certain attitude toward immigrants in general". What Mart was saying is that it is difficult enough for a Slovak person to get a job there---what is a non-Slovak speaking person supposed to do? Mart say that because you suggested that the US citizens should "just move to your fiance's country instead", and there's one very good example of why this isn't a good idea or possible for some people. The same exact could be said in the US (especially certain parts of the US)---getting a job here isn't always easy, how much harder would it be for a non-English speaking person?

And again, there isn't too much bashing of individuals going on here. Most people realize that this isn't an individual or a worker problem, but a systemic problem from top (which is almost worse). But also saying that you're not making a good impression on the country you'd like to join--I get it, I do. But again, this is something that the government provides as a route to immigration and people pay a lot of money for these services. To be treated so unequally with other, identical, applicants is a real kick in the teeth. All anyone is asking for is something approaching an equitable process, which USCIS has long been failing to provide.

I know you probably don't want to think about it but the US is trying to make an impression too. One of USCIS's top priorities is naturalization of legal residents (as stated on a recent conference call with the Director). I can easily see how someone would balk at the idea of paying even more money and spending even more time in the black hole that is the immigration process after experiencing these early steps. And I can't say I blame them.

Exactly, thanks Catherine! I really dont understand what is that person deal...

Timeline

It is about me when people say we are incompetent. I have been waiting for four years for my Va benefits but just understand there is a huge backlog.

By the time a file gets given to me to make a decision on months have passed and I try to have a 1 day turn around if there is no rfe needed.

There are also security investigations as well as marriage fraud. Sometimes they take awhile. TSC just got nailed for letting in a Gang member who then killed four people so there are some extra steps being taken so it doesn't happen again.

Should things go quicker? Yup, but does anything go quickly in the government? I am just saying give us a break.

I shouldn't have joined the forum. Thought it would have been constructive.

I would like to know how you are being treated unequally unless you mean the presidents exec actions

I would like to know how you are being treated unequally unless you mean the presidents exec actions

In that case you should stop asking us inappropriate questions such why we dont stay in our country and why we are do this and that.I dont ask you why did you choose to stay in US and why you do what you do.

Be professional and don't take your comments personally.

It is about me when people say we are incompetent. I have been waiting for four years for my Va benefits but just understand there is a huge backlog.

By the time a file gets given to me to make a decision on months have passed and I try to have a 1 day turn around if there is no rfe needed.

There are also security investigations as well as marriage fraud. Sometimes they take awhile. TSC just got nailed for letting in a Gang member who then killed four people so there are some extra steps being taken so it doesn't happen again.

Should things go quicker? Yup, but does anything go quickly in the government? I am just saying give us a break.

Incompetent management. Management. Not workers. Very few people here think that this is a worker problem, most people realize that this is a management problem. We KNOW that it's not taking you months or years to get through a file. We know that we're sitting in a line for months before you get to us. THAT is the problem!

The unequal treatment is the fact that people who put in the same applications as us, if they are routed to the California center instead of Texas (based on what state the US Citizen lives in), they are getting approved in an average of 3 weeks (sometimes as little as 10 days). Texas is taking 7 months. That is extremely unequal, and we all paid the same fees.

The reason this is happening is because someone, somewhere, decided to pile work on TSC without thinking about the consequences. And then when backlogs started, failed to act (and publicly refused to acknowledge a problem). This is Not About You. We are complaining about the brokenness of the system The people who make the decisions at the top, probably in Washington. Incompetent organization. Not workers, organization. Which is exactly what you're bringing up too---they dumped piles of petitions on TSC with, apparently, NO plan on how to keep the whole system working smoothly. We're on the same page here.

In terms of your VA benefits. What would you think if someone who applied at the same time as you, with all the same rights/ entitlements etc etc etc....what if they get yours literally ten times sooner than you do, just because they happen to live in Iowa instead of Texas? Fair? What if you paid for the privilege?

Again, this is not so much about the backlog itself (most people could understand that a line is just a line) as it is about the *workload imbalance between the other centers* that is resulting in very unequal treatment of applicants. Most people would understand it if it's just a line. But it's two lines. Resulting in a hugely unequal treatment.

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

K-1 Visa Timeline:

!

Have you read the letter that was sent to the President a few months ago? Are you aware that there were things going on at TSC regarding case load that seem to have not been handled appropriately and are currently being questioned by elected representatives? Did you know that because of that letter, and only because of it, that changes were made, leading me to believe he was not even aware of what was going on?

Do you think it is fair that family based petitions are placed to the back of the line per the USCIS directives?

Do you think it is fair that many of us have waited some 200-300 days to be with their spouses and loved ones, while others have waited no time at all?

Do you think it is fair that this time discrepancy is just because we all pay the same fee but do not receive the same attention?

Do you think that it is fair that you have to wait for your own benefits? I doubt you do. But shrugging your shoulders and saying that's the way it is, isn't helping either.

Do you think it is fair that phone representatives for the USCIS have outright lied to customers and their elected representatives?

Do you think it is fair that the system is outdated, that you need more resources, and that things need better organization in order to help people?

Are you aware of the March 3rd Senate hearing with representatives of the USCIS where they not only stretched the truth but had the audacity to say that they give each case file the respect, dignity, and care each US Citizen and their family deserves?

You didn't make those decisions no. But someone does. Try putting yourself in our shoes.

Edited by yuna628

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Reported for asking fr someone's ARN. That's personAL and protected information.

I don't believe you are really a USCIS case worker like you claim.

If you are. You can expect someone to be calling by the end of the day for your inappropriate conduct.

You should be doing YOUR JOB. instead you've been nothing but disdainful and disrespectful to members here who are suffering with unfair wait times.

NOA1: November 18, 2014 @ TSC

NOA2: June 24, 2015 218 days

Sent to NVC: July 1, 2015

Embassy Case Number Received: July 10, 2015

Sent to embassy: July 16, 2015

Embassy Received: July 20, 2015

Packet 3 Received/DS 160/Readiness Completed: July 22, 2015

Medical: July 24, 2015

Packet 4 Received: August 11, 2015

Interview: September 4, 2015 Approved

Issued: September 8, 2015

Visa in hand:

POE: September 18, 2015

-----------------------

When filling in your timeline, please understand that all I-129F's are sent to the LOCKBOX in Texas, and then ROUTED (not transferred) to your ASSIGNED service center- the one in Texas "TSC" (not the same as the lockbox!), or the one in California "CSC". If your tracking number starts with WAC, you're at the CSC, you were not transferred! There are no transfers at this time. If your number starts with SRC you're at the TSC and that's where you will serve your entire sentence.USCIS isn't fair.

They don't care about you.

-----------------------------------------------------

Want to complain to someone anyway?

*Email the Ombudsman at cisombudsman@HQ.DHS.GOV

"The Ombudsman provides an impartial and independent perspective to USCIS in an attempt to resolve problems"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.