pho.king.2007

Would my wife and my child get their Green Cards faster if I sent in their I-130 now?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all, I am new to this forum and I am grateful that I've found such a helpful website with extensive info on immigration.

I personally have a few questions to ask in regards to my wife and my soon-to-be born child's application for the Green Card.

I am looking for the quickest way for them to get their Green Cards, so do yall suggest to get my US citizenship first before I send in their I-130? I think this will take me five years in total.

Would they get it faster if I applied for them as a LPR? I think the current cutoff is Aug 01, 2013 for F2A as of April, 2015. If I went this route, it would only take me 2 to 3 years, correct? It seems much faster but less certain because the waiting time varies.

What am I missing in the picture here?

When I fill out my wife's I-130, I can put my kid on her application so they are in line together or do their I-130s need to be filed separately?

I read somewhere that once my child is born this November in the foreign country that I'm living in, if I took him/her back to the U.S. on my first trip before age 2, he/she would get a Green Card automatically since I am a LPR? Could anyone confirm this?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by pho.king.2007

Filed: Other Timeline

Yes i eard that before about your son i think this Is possible we told my husband but as mother i want it to keep my boy with me, so far an LPR appliying for Is spouse and kids under 21 takes 17 months. That s the only way anyway.... Is very difficult to handle the distance but you should start as soon as you can because you adapting time . Good Luck in Is journey !

Pd 24 july 2014

Case complete 12/08/2015

Interview date ##

Medical app. Date feb. 1st 2016

Visa in hand ???

POE ???

There was another thread on here recently (which I can't find right now). Someone posted about her LPR sister going to Mexico and having her baby and wanting to return to the US. I believe that you are correct that as an LPR you can bring your child under 2 and have them granted LPR status. Sorry I can't be more definitive, but do an advanced search for that thread and see if it helps.

As for your wife, apply now. Once you can become a citizen, then you can upgrade your case with USCIS as a USC...but she might have her LPR status by then anyway.

K1 Visa Process AOS Process

Mar 18 2013: I-129F mailed to CSC Nov 15 2013: I-485 with EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox

Sept 19 2013: Interview - Approved!! Jan 25 2014: EAD/AP Card Received

Oct 6 2013: POE - Chicago O'Hare June 2 2014: Permanent Resident Card Received!

Oct 27 2013: Wedding!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.