Jump to content

Would my wife and my child get their Green Cards faster if I sent in their I-130 now?

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi all, I am new to this forum and I am grateful that I've found such a helpful website with extensive info on immigration.

I personally have a few questions to ask in regards to my wife and my soon-to-be born child's application for the Green Card.

I am looking for the quickest way for them to get their Green Cards, so do yall suggest to get my US citizenship first before I send in their I-130? I think this will take me five years in total.

Would they get it faster if I applied for them as a LPR? I think the current cutoff is Aug 01, 2013 for F2A as of April, 2015. If I went this route, it would only take me 2 to 3 years, correct? It seems much faster but less certain because the waiting time varies.

What am I missing in the picture here?

When I fill out my wife's I-130, I can put my kid on her application so they are in line together or do their I-130s need to be filed separately?

I read somewhere that once my child is born this November in the foreign country that I'm living in, if I took him/her back to the U.S. on my first trip before age 2, he/she would get a Green Card automatically since I am a LPR? Could anyone confirm this?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by pho.king.2007

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes i eard that before about your son i think this Is possible we told my husband but as mother i want it to keep my boy with me, so far an LPR appliying for Is spouse and kids under 21 takes 17 months. That s the only way anyway.... Is very difficult to handle the distance but you should start as soon as you can because you adapting time . Good Luck in Is journey !

Pd 24 july 2014

Case complete 12/08/2015

Interview date ##

Medical app. Date feb. 1st 2016

Visa in hand ???

POE ???

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

There was another thread on here recently (which I can't find right now). Someone posted about her LPR sister going to Mexico and having her baby and wanting to return to the US. I believe that you are correct that as an LPR you can bring your child under 2 and have them granted LPR status. Sorry I can't be more definitive, but do an advanced search for that thread and see if it helps.

As for your wife, apply now. Once you can become a citizen, then you can upgrade your case with USCIS as a USC...but she might have her LPR status by then anyway.

K1 Visa Process AOS Process

Mar 18 2013: I-129F mailed to CSC Nov 15 2013: I-485 with EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox

Sept 19 2013: Interview - Approved!! Jan 25 2014: EAD/AP Card Received

Oct 6 2013: POE - Chicago O'Hare June 2 2014: Permanent Resident Card Received!

Oct 27 2013: Wedding!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.