10pmStalker

Has a Canadian ever been denied a marriage based green card?

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Unrelated Post and replies split to its own thread~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

It's taking forever to get a decision. We had our interview in late February and still noting. I had a infopaas appointment and he didn't tell me anything I needed to know. Just said they are about 300,000 green cards being sent out at the moment.

Sorry guys, I'm getting around to setting all my timeline soon.

What was the underlying reason for the stokes interview?

Filed: Timeline

What was the underlying reason for the stokes interview?

They said we didn't have enough evidence. We have joint bank accounts, credit cards, cable in both our names, car insurance in our names, pictures of honeymoon in Hawaii, photos in Vegas. Everything they asked for really. I was told by another forum member here that sometimes they pull random people in for stokes and we happened to be unlucky.

It could be the circustances leading to your AOS as well. They could have been trying to find out if immigration fraud was committed. Did they give you an answer to if you were approved or not? I do hope you hear back soon.

After the stokes interview was over, I asked if everything went well. He said yes it did and I should receive green card notification about two weeks after they receive my long for birth certificate, which I didn't have at the interview and ordered and sent in within 30 days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Is there any specific reason why you have a B1/B2 visa? That's not common for Canadians. I'm just trying to think of a reason why your case is being handled this way.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Is there any specific reason why you have a B1/B2 visa? That's not common for Canadians. I'm just trying to think of a reason why your case is being handled this way.

It's common if you fly out of a pre clearance centre. Each time I've flown from Toronto I'm given b1/b2 status

Timeline

It's common if you fly out of a pre clearance centre. Each time I've flown from Toronto I'm given b1/b2 status

Oh ok. I have a B1/B2 10 year visa in my passport. I could enter on the VWP but the B1/B2 allows up to six months stay.

After the stokes interview was over, I asked if everything went well. He said yes it did and I should receive green card notification about two weeks after they receive my long for birth certificate, which I didn't have at the interview and ordered and sent in within 30 days.

I was reading one of your other threads. What was the date they received the copy of your birth certificate via certified mail?

My daughter has B2 written as her visa type whenever she visits.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

My daughter has B2 written as her visa type whenever she visits.

Thanks, I didn't about this. For non Canadians there is a B1/B2 visa you can apply for at US consultates and embassies. I thought that entitled one to a B1/B2 stamp at border control, had no idea it was also done for Canadians.

Edited by BaronB

I was reading one of your other threads. What was the date they received the copy of your birth certificate via certified mail?

They received it on March 30. Was a lot of complications with USPS not being able to deliver it since the return address didn't have a specific floor. So I went online and had it changed to floor 2, where I had the interview and put the directors name on it. I have no idea if it's in the right hands or not.

They received it on March 30. Was a lot of complications with USPS not being able to deliver it since the return address didn't have a specific floor. So I went online and had it changed to floor 2, where I had the interview and put the directors name on it. I have no idea if it's in the right hands or not.

You're at about 3 weeks since it was delivered, but not being sure if it was delivered to the proper place could be a problem. Did you ever get the name of the officer that interviewed you?

I read through the other threads as well and one of the main issues here is every time stalker posts its like starting from scratch because he just asks a general question and gives zero background info. It makes it very hard to assist him as my crystal ball is currently in the shop being serviced//

Either there is something he does not want to disclose or its just naivety. Either way- general info it is:

It appears the local office was San Fran. There has been reports in the forums- mostly the 751s- moving at a snails pace, we are talking people waiting so long for renewals they are submitting citizenship to force a decision. Total speculation here- but Im going to say if pressed for specifics youd find most would say San Fran would be their interviewing office. So Im going to say San Fran can possibly be backed up -hence the infopass workers - congressmen can be helpful. And the bit about 300,000 cards going out--- umm yeah. controversial subject on here but buses full of refugees anyone? remember that? now dont get all huffy- he didnt say what cards- but things are getting processed through that area. Short staffed and someone- lots of someones are getting pushed aside.

SO that can be potential scenario one.

potential #2- (Stalker is a he/the Mr btw) Mr has not disclosed if there is anything that could potentially be holding this up. Says hes a purebred Canadian. Assuming clean record. No details on Mrs. Sometimes its a good idea to run a google search on your name and your Mrs and see what pops up. Maybe its not you- and of course it will in no way compare to the in depth name check done by USCIS but if the top 5 results for Mr Stalker show up in fact as a real life legitimate stalker on the run from Canadian authorities- then yeaah that can be a freaky coincidence holding you up. Explains why they in depth interviewed you and why they are taking so long- they are making sure you and he are not one in the same.

potential#3 which no one likes to hear but its the truth so I am putting it out here. If its nothing about you- then its her. Your Mrs. If youve disclosed everything and anything- your name, your past and have been nothing but truthful and can not imagine why oh why they would be looking at you so so hard because you are nothing but honest and trustworthy- then there may be something in her past that she is not telling you. A letter from a previous spouse, a civil complaint,drug charges- I dont know.

The gov is sometimes called- Big brother. Get it? Sometimes it tries to protect you from you. controversial yes.Very often though you see people on here fighting tooth and nail against it to bring someone over only for it to crash and burn in a blaze of torment. eh. results and experiences vary../

potential#4 they did not get your evidence (birth certificate). This seems unlikely, because even a backed up office would have sent you paperwork by now saying you have been denied for not sending it in. The infopass worker also could have assisted you with it- AND you could have submitted the BC in person to the infopass worker. If you are unsure if they got your evidence- resubmit it. I hope you ordered multiple copies(!) If it makes you feel better go back to the office and resubmit the evidence in person.

Your best bet is probably getting the congressperson involved at this point. If the San Fran office is truly backed up then you will not be the first person in there seeking assistance, SO, either they will gladly help you since you are post interview or also be backed up with requests for help and tell you to keep waiting. I tend to think post interview and inquiring about a decision qualifies you to get help from the congressperson and not a blow off. They tend to blow off those with applications at the service center that have posted dates of you must be processed by or a letter stating a decision will be made by X date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.