Yyzusa

CEAC Application Processing

25 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Bit of a background check,

Im a 34 year old, Canadian-born(toronto) with a colombian background. My dad is a US citizen as of 2000. He currently resides in JAX, Fl.

Long story short, in 2006 we filed an application(unmarried son or daughter of US citizen over 21). In 2013 (roughly 6 and a half years later), my Visa became current and they sent me an interview date at the US consulate in Montreal. Unfortunately i couldn't attend to it so i had to reschedule.

On the day of my rescheduled interview, i didn't know what to expect. Abit nervous and excited at the same time. The whole process for me took approx 1hr and a half. Everything went well except for my fathers finance. The interviewer gave me a 221g letter as they require a joint sponsor to meet the minimum requirement.

After my trip from Colombia, my father was able to send me all the necessary information and i immediately sent all the documents along with my passport via loomis. As of now, according to the CEAC website, my status is :

Application Processing as of Jan 20, 2015. I have no idea how long its going to take but will keep you folks updated.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hello Yyzusa

i haave similaar case as u.my interview was may 14th 2015 and my police clearance was in french not English.i was given the 221g and asked to submit the translated copy and my passport by loomis.i did it next day and mailed it to them.Dont know how long it will take.im really confused.my interview was in montreal.its a week now and i am hoping it doesnt take too long.did they tell u how long it will take for ur visa to be issued.

Bit of a background check,

Im a 34 year old, Canadian-born(toronto) with a colombian background. My dad is a US citizen as of 2000. He currently resides in JAX, Fl.

Long story short, in 2006 we filed an application(unmarried son or daughter of US citizen over 21). In 2013 (roughly 6 and a half years later), my Visa became current and they sent me an interview date at the US consulate in Montreal. Unfortunately i couldn't attend to it so i had to reschedule.

On the day of my rescheduled interview, i didn't know what to expect. Abit nervous and excited at the same time. The whole process for me took approx 1hr and a half. Everything went well except for my fathers finance. The interviewer gave me a 221g letter as they require a joint sponsor to meet the minimum requirement.

After my trip from Colombia, my father was able to send me all the necessary information and i immediately sent all the documents along with my passport via loomis. As of now, according to the CEAC website, my status is :

Application Processing as of Jan 20, 2015. I have no idea how long its going to take but will keep you folks updated.

Timeline

The interviewer told me a couple of weeks. As those weeks passed, I began searching online and saw some cases took 6 months to a year. I guess there's nothing else we could do but be patient and wait.

You mentioned your interview date took place on May of 2015?

Timeline

yes my interview was on april 14 2015. the letter reads tht my visa will be issued as soon as the document is recieve.its been a week now and the consulate have not even recieved the document.the loomis tracking shows it is still at their drop box.its really a pain in the neck to wait.we just have to be patient.

The interviewer told me a couple of weeks. As those weeks passed, I began searching online and saw some cases took 6 months to a year. I guess there's nothing else we could do but be patient and wait.

You mentioned your interview date took place on May of 2015?

Timeline

Weird it's at loomis. Shouldn't take that long. Consulate received it the day after I dropped it off.

You can try emailing the consulate but I don't think they can give you a straight answer.

Keep me updated.

Timeline

yes Yyzuda i will update as soon as i hear anything.i will try emailing the consulate today and hear what they say.thanks for your prompt reply.

Weird it's at loomis. Shouldn't take that long. Consulate received it the day after I dropped it off.

You can try emailing the consulate but I don't think they can give you a straight answer.

Keep me updated.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

no it has not changed to issued.it still says Ready.I dont know the next step after that.i am kind of confused and worried but im just hanging in there.Hoping for the best for us.Today makes two days that it went to Ready.what do you think usually happens.I am glad u emailed the consulate.It will prompt them to look at ur case.Please if u get any info on what Ready means let me know.

Timeline

I've read that after three days it may turn to "issued" or "administrative processing". Could go either way. Fingers cross you get it soon. Will keep each other updated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.