coolman673

next step after Case Approved

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello all. My case was approved on April 6 and sent to the Department of State for visa processing on April 10. I tried calling the NVC phone number but they say they are busy with other callers and then the phone hangs up. Can someone please let me know what to do in order to see what the status of my case is?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

i assume u filed petition for k 1 visa... u will receive letter from nvc regarding case number and invoice number .. after that nvc send case to consulate for visa interview ... and u will get another letter or email from embassy like your case is ready .... whole process takes up to 4 to 5 weeks...

I'm waiting for NVC transfer too. Apparently, TSC will update your USCIS account when the petition is transferred, but CSC won't. I called today and they asked me to give the process 35 days to complete the transfer; they haven't received my case yet. I will try again in another two weeks.

Keep us updated when you are transferred!

Signature coming soon...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i assume u filed petition for k 1 visa... u will receive letter from nvc regarding case number and invoice number .. after that nvc send case to consulate for visa interview ... and u will get another letter or email from embassy like your case is ready .... whole process takes up to 4 to 5 weeks...

thanks, but shouldn't i be calling the NVC number to try to see where my case is? it's been sent to them since April 10. The issue is the NVC number just gives me that they are busy helping other customers and then hangs up.

I'm waiting for NVC transfer too. Apparently, TSC will update your USCIS account when the petition is transferred, but CSC won't. I called today and they asked me to give the process 35 days to complete the transfer; they haven't received my case yet. I will try again in another two weeks.

Keep us updated when you are transferred!

My case status already updated to Case transferred to department of state

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

thanks, but shouldn't i be calling the NVC number to try to see where my case is? it's been sent to them since April 10. The issue is the NVC number just gives me that they are busy helping other customers and then hangs up.

My case status already updated to Case transferred to department of state

Technically you don't have to call them but you can if you want to. When they say the line is busy just try again until they pick up but you might as well just wait for the letter, for us it came pretty quick. We had tried calling once and then the next day our Congressman who we had talked with earlier sent us an email with the Case number. Few days later we got the letter. Once you have the case number you can track it on the US department of state website.

I think the phone line opens at 7 am PST (Pacific Standard Time), and maybe closes at 7 pm. I called shortly after they opened and got through within 15-20 minutes. Others have either posted they had to call really early or really late. Try calling (and make sure it's the immigrant visa line) at the beginning or end of the shift. I also read that they do a shift change around 4 pm PST? So maybe between 6 and 7 pm?

Signature coming soon...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.