markiweiss49

N-400 exam!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi to all visajourney members. I have asked this question before and I am sorry for asking it again. My wife's friend told us that they had only asked her one exam question and then had her write and read one sentence. We didn't believe her becaused I know that they would asked 10 questions and you have to get 6 right. Well another friend had taken her n-400 exam on last Friday and she told me and my wife the samething. They asked her only one question. Both persons pass. I live in the state of new jersey and our both friends that pass told my wife to take the exam this year while president Obama is still in office. Maybe someone could explain to me if you have the samething in your state. Right now my wife is study for the n-400 exam. Thank you all for your replys.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

Mine was 6 questions and followed by Read & write. It was all easy, oh well just listen to the CD and read it almost everyday. It was a fun experience to learn more about our government structures and system. As well as the history. Just make it FUN and you will pick it up fast!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi to all visajourney members. I have asked this question before and I am sorry for asking it again. My wife's friend told us that they had only asked her one exam question and then had her write and read one sentence. We didn't believe her becaused I know that they would asked 10 questions and you have to get 6 right. Well another friend had taken her n-400 exam on last Friday and she told me and my wife the samething. They asked her only one question. Both persons pass. I live in the state of new jersey and our both friends that pass told my wife to take the exam this year while president Obama is still in office. Maybe someone could explain to me if you have the samething in your state. Right now my wife is study for the n-400 exam. Thank you all for your replys.

1) I remember your last post. You are the only person I've ever seen say anything like this in the last 4 years on 4 different immigration forum websites. It's possible that your wife and friend are confused about what the exam is exactly, but it's also very possible that your local office is doing something strange and isn't really following the rules. This is the standard test: they ask 10 civics questions (if you get 6 right, they stop asking), they ask you to read 1 sentence, they ask you to read one sentence.

2) Your friends who told you to take the test while President Obama is in office don't know what they're talking about. The only difference that makes is in the answer to to the question about who the president is. It won't affect anything else.

3) President Obama will be in office until the next president takes office in January of 2017, so I don't know what they mean by taking the test this year.

4) What possible difference could it make if they asked one question or six? Your wife should study the 100 questions and hopefully she'll pass and become a citizen soon.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Timeline

I forgot one thing; I have read a few cases were people were asked only 5 questions (probably an oversight on the part of the interviewer), but never just 1 question. Also, I've read a few cases where people were asked 10 questions even though they were told all their answers were correct. The important thing is that your wife should know the answers to all 100 questions; that way she can pass the test no matter what they ask. Best of luck!

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you Jimmy Hou, I told my wife not to listen to anymore from her friends. That's why I didn't believed both of her friends but I had to find out anyway on this website. Once again Jimmy Hou, thank you.

Timeline

Thank you Jimmy Hou, I told my wife not to listen to anymore from her friends. That's why I didn't believed both of her friends but I had to find out anyway on this website. Once again Jimmy Hou, thank you.

No worries! Make sure you come back and let us know when your wife takes her test. She'll be able to settle the issue for us all; I'm curious to see if your office really is doing something weird.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.