Janelle2002

Police, Officials Resign After Small Missouri Town Elects First Black Female Mayor

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

You would think they would wait and see what it would be like under the new administration first before quitting. This would be the common sense thing to do.

The incoming mayor was the town clerk, not some unknown (rather hard not to know someone in a town of 740 souls). I think the officers would have known quite well what was coming. :thumbs:

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

The incoming mayor was the town clerk, not some unknown (rather hard not to know someone in a town of 740 souls). I think the officers would have known quite well what was coming. :thumbs:

I doubt it. It seems they only knew where the nearest donut shop was. Per the article, these officers were rarely seen throughout the city. Where were they when it was patrol time?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/race-not-reason-worker-resigntations-parma-missouri-police-chief-n346361

Sorry race baiters. Police chief admits it had nothing to do with race, and the incoming mayor agrees it had nothing to do with race.

In fact the town is 70% white, but *GASP* elected a black mayor. How is this possible in racist America.

Nothing more than the media and the usual race obsessed, fanning the flames of racism that does not exist.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/race-not-reason-worker-resigntations-parma-missouri-police-chief-n346361

Sorry race baiters. Police chief admits it had nothing to do with race, and the incoming mayor agrees it had nothing to do with race.

In fact the town is 70% white, but *GASP* elected a black mayor. How is this possible in racist America.

Nothing more than the media and the usual race obsessed, fanning the flames of racism that does not exist.

Who are you talking to? Myself and Janelle commented about the article itself. We didn't declare it to be about race.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Who are you talking to? Myself and Janelle commented about the article itself. We didn't declare it to be about race.

Why did you think i was talking to you. ? Bit dog hollers, Mama use to say

Why did you think i was talking to you. ? Bit dog hollers, Mama use to say

By all means, who are the race baiters in this article? Inquiring minds want to know... :devil:

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I guess that is 70% that helped to elect her minus the police officers that resigned immediately after she was elected.

Edited by Janelle2002

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Not only that, but a Republican, too. How on Earth did the GOP even nominate her? :unsure:

Racism certainly exists. What the media are doing is make race the focus of every story they possibly can, so drowning those stories where race is the driving factor in the apathy of over-exposure. :( Edited by Pooky

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

206 people voted. Final tally was 122-84. That was double the normal voter turnout.

Ramsey said he lost the election because black residents — more than a third of the city’s population — turned out to vote for Byrd. He said it’s possible the Taser incident motivated them.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/resignations-in-tiny-parma-mo-baffle-town-s-first-black/article_94def193-962b-5cc4-9815-37387cd9d176.html

Taser incident. Sounds familiar.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

By all means, who are the race baiters in this article? Inquiring minds want to know... :devil:

Not you sir.. You not a race baiter. More of a Master Baiter. :devil:

Edited by The Nature Boy

Not you sir.. You not a race baiter. More of a Master Baiter. :devil:

That title already belongs to Gary, or UB(depending on the mood he's in) I prefer the term Grand Poobah of activism or intelligent activist who labors tirelessly to achieve equal rights for all(but only from 0630-1500 Monday thru Friday, have to take the weekends off for surf lessons).

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg