Dakine10

N.J. man goes out of business over 'White History Month'

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Translation: another business owner makes a stupid business decision and now wants help via gofundme.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nj-man-goes-out-of-business-over-white-history-month/ar-AAbaGjM

You could say he dug his own grave with his mouth, and now he wants help getting out from under.

Jim Boggess, whose "White History Month" sign at his New Jersey deli ignited a firestorm, has posted a new placard.

This one says: "Forced Out of Business." And he's also posted a gofundme page pleading for money from strangers.

On the crowd-sourcing site, Boggess writes, "On march 1st, I hung a sign in my deli window saying, 'Celebrate your white heritage in March, White History Month' ... Then the bottom dropped out and customers were no longer coming into my deli."

Saying he was forced to close his dying business, Boggess bemoans his fate and says he lost "my American dream."

After five days, Boggess had accumulated $245 and a barrage of blistering comments on his "Jimbos white history sign gone bad" site.

Shannelle Robinson, who is African-American, donated $5. "I hope it helps you to enlighten yourself on the very people you feel you need to compete with for no other reason than you're a spoiled entitled brat," she wrote.

Reg Lane posted, "Begging for money should be beneath a grown man, but if you rap "Baby (G)ot Back and post it I'll give you 3 dollars and 15 cent."

Boggess expressed bewilderment at the reaction to his sign.

"I don't think I deserve this because I wanted to be proud of being white and be able to celebrate my heritage like everyone else does," he wrote.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

White History Month is Bad

Black Histroy Month is Good

Gotta love how the minority has taken over the good ole USA......

You clearly haven't put much thought into it.

Why is white history month a silly idea? Because it's always white history month.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You clearly haven't put much thought into it.

Why is white history month a silly idea? Because it's always white history month.

Black History month is silly

Any organization using the word negro or colored people in their slogan is silly

You say White Power and it is racist, You say Black Power and it is fine. I really never understood that........

I was under the impression we were all American, If you want to celebrate your heritage than go back to your Home Country.......

Edited by VOL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Any organization using the word negro or colored people in their slogan is silly

You say White Power and it is racist, You say Black Power and it is fine. I really never understood that........

I was under the impression we were all American, If you want to celebrate your heritage than go back to your Home Country.......

Well, seeing as how there are people in North America whose heritage is that they were here before your ancestors or that they were dragged here by your ancestors and removed from their heritage, it's not like minorities all have a home country to go back to...

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

White power is racist.

Black history month does not equate to 'black power', simply recognition of the contribution that blacks have played in American society.

If you need the why of that explained to you, I'm not sure what to say.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

'Manila or Bust!'...

eta: Where are the mods today?

I see a gofundme page in VOL's future:

"I was banned from posting huge volumes of rabidly racist nonsense on Visajourney and I need cash to make me feel better."

I think the real history is quite clear. What happened to Japanese Americans was totally uncalled for and unnecessary racism. Regardless of the horrific excesses of the Japanese military in any portion of the Pacific theatre.

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

Except that there is no logic there... quite the opposite....

By that logic we should lock up all Muslims because of September 11th. Even if they are US citizens. They could all be members of a sleeper cell.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

By that logic we should lock up all Muslims because of September 11th. Even if they are US citizens. They could all be members of a sleeper cell.

The USA was attacked by Imperial Army of Japan, and the people of Japan has some God Like following of the ruler of Japan.

Totally different game.........

Timeline

It isn't which makes no difference because any chance of having an intelligent discussion pretty much flew out of the window when one resorted to racial slurs.

How is it different? US born Japanese were locked up too, people that had never been to Japan. Why would US Japanese citizens have been any more likely to follow the Japanese Emperor and reek havoc in the US than Muslims would be? I mean all Muslims are for the destruction of the US and the Western way of life. It looks like the same game, just different players. On September 11, the US was attacked by Muslims who were devout followers of Allah. Now THAT'S a God like following.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org