terri_blake

Red flag over religious differences?

136 posts in this topic

I am sorry but it feels like drilling is needed as you do not seem to want to hear this. What I am trying to say is, it will take a miracle for you guys not to get an RFE or get denied and you need to be prepared to refile with better proof of a bona fide relationship.

I understand.

Do you?

This poster is not for real. However, I can't fault the level of entertainment provided this evening.

You've made up your mind what our answers should be and you think anyone who duesntbtell you what you want to hear is attacking you. Yet, having read both threads from start to finish. You have been consistently aggressive, hostile and insulting. It might be worth bearing in mind that the people offering you advice have studied and gone through this process already, or are otherwise further into the process than you are.

I wouldn't worry. I think this couple getting a visa is unlikely. She won't accept help, she thinks everyone who doesn't agree with her is attacking her. If they ever get as far as the interview stage, he's going to get denied. Which is sad, because if she would listen to people, and line up her ducks and get ready to refile after having actually met and spent time with her boyfriend, it might end better.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

This poster is not for real. However, I can't fault the level of entertainment provided this evening.

You've made up your mind what our answers should be and you think anyone who duesntbtell you what you want to hear is attacking you. Yet, having read both threads from start to finish. You have been consistently aggressive, hostile and insulting. It might be worth bearing in mind that the people offering you advice have studied and gone through this process already, or are otherwise further into the process than you are.

Thank you for you insight and judgement. Im sure you look great in a black robe and short wig.

To the OP.

How old are you?

twenty something

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

That is what I did not get, together has a different to normal meaning?

I am confused, what do you mean? Together in a picture you're standing next to each other. Apart is him on the third floor, her on the ground floor. Did I misunderstand you?

I understand.

Do you?

Yup, I understand. I understand that you're hostile and not ready to receive help. Let us know when you're ready to accept our help. Many of us have a long experience of this process.

I am confused, what do you mean? Together in a picture you're standing next to each other. Apart is him on the third floor, her on the ground floor. Did I misunderstand you?

I think that's precisely the point Boiler is trying to make. The other thread broke down because she got mad that we were fixated on her photos of them *not* together, merely in the same vicinity.

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Damn, if I knew how this really works instead of sending pictures of our wedding etc I should have just send the picture of me sky diving above her! NEXT TIME THOUGH, Next time lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I think that's precisely the point Boiler is trying to make. The other thread broke down because she got mad that we were fixated on her photos of them *not* together, merely in the same vicinity.

Exactly, but she kept on saying they have photos of them together?

And that it has been clarified.

I still do not understand what this photo depcts, only thing clear is that it was taken by a renowned photographer.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I still do not understand what this photo depcts, only thing clear is that it was taken by a renowned photographer.

I think it's a matter of having different definitions of what the word "together" means.

Nothing really. Him on a balcony, her on the ground. On opposite balconies, maybe. And that is as close as she got to him.

Oh, yeah, no. That was clarified in the last thread. The photos of them "together" were taken by a photographer - some from the 2nd storey balcony, some from the ground from her POV, and some from *another* balcony capturing them both (two storeys apart). I know. Also, she has a lawyer who told her they were fine, but sadly the thread was closed before she reacted to me pointing out how often we meet people with lawyers who are useless.

Sounds like she understood eventually, though...

26th August 2016 - NOA1

7th June 2017 - Oath

I'm confused at the basis and initial replies to this topic. Nobody seems to understand that the United States has religious freedom and MANY recongnize religions. There are no laws regarding who can marry whom based on religion. Anyone can marry anyone they want. You may have your own personal in-family issues, but that has nothing to do with visa approval. Are you suggesting that for example a Catholic can't marry an agnostic or atheist? That a Jew can't marry a Muslim? There is no reason to nor any reason to believe anyone will question this issue. Inter-religious marriages are hardly new and have nothing to do with anything. Maybe next someone will suggest you woudn't be approved because you're a white man married to a Chinese woman or black married to Indian. I have to shake my head at this one. It's a good example of people having zero understanding of American culture and yet want to go live there and be part of that culture that you don't understand. Citizenship at least requires knoweldge and test taking and learning history and so on, maybe even visa seekers should be required to show an understanding of culture and laws.

You have missed the point. You can do as you like in the USA. He isn't in the USA. And they have NOT met in person.

Could you please explain how your fiance was able to date a woman before but is not allowed to be in the same room with you chaperoned ?

It was during a special religious time when we met in Morocco. He didn't want to disrupt family tradition as they were involved in a reunion of sorts in Morocco when I showed up.

It was during a special religious time when we met in Morocco. He didn't want to disrupt family tradition as they were involved in a reunion of sorts in Morocco when I showed up.

So, why did you travel to meet him during a religious time when you couldn't actually meet him? Was there not the opportunity to go a week sooner or later when they were not having their family reunion?

26th August 2016 - NOA1

7th June 2017 - Oath

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.