ericsDoug

USCIS lost some of our docs/ or my fiancé didn't submit our application???

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys good day! I'm new to this site.

My concern is, we submitted our k-1 application last March 26,2015 we haven't received any mail or notification that USCIS received our application and No NOA1, but our check was already encashed. I told my fiance to call USCIS and they told him that we lack of one form and that the sica we submitted doesn't contain our written love story. I doubt if its possible that they lost/misplaced our written love story when my fiancé said he submitted complete papers, now I doubt my fiancé if he really submitted our petition.

Guys please help I need your opinion. Is it possible that USCIS misplaced or lat some of our documents?

Thanks guys

Erica

If you are doubting your fiance that doesn't seem like a good start.

If USCIS cashed your check they have accepted the application. Incomplete applications are returned to sender. You typically receive the NOA-1 within 2-3 weeks upon submission.

I am not sure what you mean by 'written love story' - USCIS is not interested in those nor are they required for the petition.

K1 time line

I-129F sent: 12/23/2014
NOA-1: 12/29/2014
NOA-2: 06/05/2015 (158 days)
NOA-2 hardcopy: 06/11/2015 (6 days post NOA-2, 164 days total)
Sent to NVC: 06/16/2015 (11 days post NOA-2, 169 days total)
NVC receive: 06/25/2015 (20 days post NOA-2, 178 days total)
NVC case no: 06/30/2015 (25 days post NOA-2, 183 days total)
NVC left: 07/02/2015 (27 days post NOA-2, 185 days total)
Case Ready: 07/07/2015 (32 days post NOA-2, 190 days total)
submitted DS-160, paid visa fee.: 07/21/2015 (46 days post NOA-2, 204 days total)
Packet 3 sent: 07/25/2015 (50 days post NOA-2, 209 days total)
Pack 4 received: 07/30/2015 (55 days post NOA-2, 214 days total)
Medical: 09/17/2015 Interview: 09/23/2015 (108 days post NOA-2, 268 days total)
Interview Result: Approved Administrative Processing: 09/23/2015
CEAC Status Issued: 09/24/2015
Visa in hand: 09/28/2015
POE: 12/29/2015 Wedding: 01/11/2016

AOS Time Line

AOS package mailed: 01/13/2016
AOS package received: 01/20/2016 (day 1)
AOS NOA-1 text/email: 01/23/2016 (day 3), actual NOA-1 date 01/22/2016 (day 2)
AOS Fingerprint fee received: 01/22/2016 (day 2)
AOS check cashed: 01-25-2016 (day 5) Got 6 month NJ driver's license: 01-25-2016
3x NOA-1 hardcopies: 02/03/2016 (day 14)

Biometrics letter: 02/05/2016 (day 16) Biometrics appt (Elizabeth, NJ): 02/17/2016 (day 28)

EAD and AP approved email/txt: 03/29/2016 (day 67)

GC approval email/text: 04/04/2016 (day 74)

I-797 for I-765/I-131 in mail: 04/04/2016 (day 74)

EAD/AP delivered: 04/05/216 (day 75)

GC card being mailed status update: 04/07/16 (day 77)

GC received: 04/11/16 (day 84 post AOS NOA-1)

DONE WITH USCIS FOR 21 MONTHS!

ROC Window opens: 01/04/2018

ROC Time Line
ROC package mailed to Vermont 01/04/2018
ROC package received at Vermont 01/08/2018 (day 0)
Check cashed: 01/16/2018 (day 8 )
NOA-1 date: 01/09/2018 (day 1)
NOA-1 received: 01/16/2018 (day 8 )
Biometrics notice received: 02/09/2018 (day 32)
Biometrics appointment: 02/23/2018 (day 46)
Received 18-month extension letter: 08/13/2018 (day 209)
ROC Approved: 03/09/2019 (day 425)
Card Received: 03/16/2019  (day 432)

Timeline

Hi TabeaK thanks for your reply, there is a question in i-129f about our love story i guess its 34.a im referring to that on how me and my fiancé meet.

USCIS told my fiancé to submit the lacking documents,send to lockbox.

If in case our application will be returned to us, do we have to pay another $340. Geez! I think we're back at one.

God speed to all our applications

Erica

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I think your first stop should be with your fiance to discuss with him what he sent and when, and to check whether he needs anything further from you.

My fiance and I always speak with each other to clarify issues like this, before turning to a public information forum. You are going to be married. Communication is vital, as is trust.

Sometimes the service centers take a while to get back to you after you submit documents, particularly Texas. It may take a little more time before you hear back from them.

Good luck with your journey.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi TabeaK thanks for your reply, there is a question in i-129f about our love story i guess its 34.a im referring to that on how me and my fiancé meet.

USCIS told my fiancé to submit the lacking documents,send to lockbox.

If in case our application will be returned to us, do we have to pay another $340. Geez! I think we're back at one.

God speed to all our applications

Erica

If they have already asked for certain documents or proof of relationship etc. to be sent then that is all they need in order for your petition to be approved - provided the added information meets the requirements. In this case you would not need to start over with a new petition, payment etc

If they have made a specific request and you send those items then normally you would be approved. If you don't respond or they are not happy with the information sent because it still doesn't meet the requirements they will most likely deny the petition and then you would have to start over - new petition, supporting documents, payment etc.

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Ok, check has been cashed, that is good.

Since your fiance was told he was missing documents on the phone, that must mean he knows the receipt number right? I've not called but I understand that you have to have the receipt number when you call. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

If, for some reason, he doesn't know the receipt number, he should call back and do whatever he did before to get to a representative who can access his case and ask for the receipt number.

With the receipt number, you and he can check your case status online. That should provide some clarity on whether they have accepted your case or have sent an RFE.

Go here to check your case status online: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

HI ericsDoug,

I haven't quoted your post, but you might want to go in and edit it to remove your personal receipt number, as anyone viewing this website can read it.

It doesn't look like your fiance is playing with you. You have a receipt number and he has clearly submitted the forms. If he has made a mistake or left something out, he would not have done so intentionally. I think you should try speak to/call/skype/message your fiance and have a chat to him. This process is stressful and it can make every little thing hurt and cause you worry. There are many things that will add to anxiety and stress while you wait for your approval, but your fiance is the one who is going to be your biggest support. Talk to each other about it. I'm sure he would be sad to know that you are worried and hurt.

P.S. Nobody is laughing at you. This is a difficult process and it plays with your mind and your emotions.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Erica,

It seems to me that you are worrying about a lot of stuff, and most of it is likely much ado about nothing. Try to relax. I haven't heard anything that should cause you alarm. It seems quite odd to me that the agent would have told your fiancé that something was missing so quickly, and there is no such thing as your love story, as another poster mentioned.

Besides, you're from the Philippines, so your petition will be expedited. So you're gonna wait less than the rest of us.

So relax

9/8/14 - I129F petition sent to the USCIS lockbox via USPS
9/11/14 - Petition received @ USCIS lockbox
9/11/14 - NOA1 Email and text message received
9/15/14 - NOA1 Official notice date
9/18/14 - NOA1 hard copy received
12/9/14 - "Updated" likely because of website repairs, like many of us received
4/20/15 - NOA2 text and email (221 days)

4/29/15 - Sent to the NVC (9 days)

5/8/15 - Arrived at the NVC (9 days)

5/13/15 - Left the NVC (5 days)

5/15/15 - Electronic version arrived at the embassy (2 days)

5/20/15 - Paper copy arrived at the embassy (7 days)

6/4/15 - Status changed to AP (which meant that we could schedule the interview)

6/16/15 - Medical

6/17/15 - K1 APPROVED!!!!

6/30/15 - Passport and sealed envelope delivered via courier

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Erica,

It seems to me that you are worrying about a lot of stuff, and most of it is likely much ado about nothing. Try to relax. I haven't heard anything that should cause you alarm. It seems quite odd to me that the agent would have told your fiancé that something was missing so quickly, and there is no such thing as your love story, as another poster mentioned.

Besides, you're from the Philippines, so your petition will be expedited. So you're gonna wait less than the rest of us.

So relax

Yes, there is but it is not formally called "love story" it's a letter explaining how you met in person.

Timeline

Hi April+Daniel

Yes he got the receipt number but when I checked it in the website you gave me it said that our case number is invalid, here it is tempdn

Anyone guys can help me? Is this a case number this is what he told me..

I know all you might be laughing at me right now as its seems my fiancé is playing with me..and I'm really hurting... I don't know if he submitted or not, he said he is busy and will not be able to talk. Help

That is not a valid case number. Cases are built by

Fiscal year 2 digits

working day in the fiscal year 3 digits

case number 5 numbers

The first part of yours you said was 15211. That alone tells me something is wrong. There have not been 211 business days since Oct. 1. I bet anything he wrote the number down wrong.

Timeline

Hi guys good day! I'm new to this site.

My concern is, we submitted our k-1 application last March 26,2015 we haven't received any mail or notification that USCIS received our application and No NOA1, but our check was already encashed. I told my fiance to call USCIS and they told him that we lack of one form and that the sica we submitted doesn't contain our written love story. I doubt if its possible that they lost/misplaced our written love story when my fiancé said he submitted complete papers, now I doubt my fiancé if he really submitted our petition.

Guys please help I need your opinion. Is it possible that USCIS misplaced or lat some of our documents?

Thanks guys

Erica

How long have you two been together/known each other? It kind of sounds to me like you don't trust him :unsure: Personal advice: you're going to marry this person, spend the rest of your life with him... Be sure! Communicate and trust is so important in a relationship! Without it... Not good.

You should remove your case number from one of your posts as everyone can see it and that's not good. At least now USCIS has added passwords to the whole process but before you only needed the case number if you wanted to do things to your application online. Don't let someone hijack your case.

It sounds like you will be receiving a Request for Further Evidence. Once you send the info they need it shouldn't be long until you guys get approved.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi April+Daniel

Yes he got the receipt number but when I checked it in the website you gave me it said that our case number is invalid, here it is ------removed------

Anyone guys can help me? Is this a case number this is what he told me..

I know all you might be laughing at me right now as its seems my fiancé is playing with me..and I'm really hurting... I don't know if he submitted or not, he said he is busy and will not be able to talk. Help

above post removed and returned to view minus the case number due to privacy concerns

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

That is not a valid case number. Cases are built by

Fiscal year 2 digits

working day in the fiscal year 3 digits

case number 5 numbers

The first part of yours you said was 15211. That alone tells me something is wrong. There have not been 211 business days since Oct. 1. I bet anything he wrote the number down wrong.

They don't seem to do that anymore. I too thought that they did it this way, but many people on here have said that their case numbers don't follow this rule.

Timeline

They don't seem to do that anymore. I too thought that they did it this way, but many people on here have said that their case numbers don't follow this rule.

Really? That's interestingthey have to have some kind of format. Mine followed that to the letter.

Maybe people are counting days since Oct 1 and not actual working days and that's why people think it's not right????

Edited by Shauneg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.