Ailyn n Dave

Facebook chat? What is best way?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all :)

Does anyone know a way to print off Facebook chat other than whole screen and a little Facebook chat? Is there any app that anyone knows of for Facebook full screen chat instead of printing all the other stuff on a Facebook screen with it? Yahoo has a full screen history feature. Wish Facebook did too. We love using facebook to send pictures back and forth because we miss each other MUCH. Works great for us until you need to print chat history..

Dave

- Trying to get K-1 visa ready to send out soon for Ailyn and I.

- 04/21/2015 mailed 1-129F visa packet to Dallas Lock bock. will be there tomorrow.

On a desktop follow this steps:

>Settings> General> Download a Copy of your Facebook data> Start my Archive... from there you can download what you need.

21 Aug 2013: I-129F Sent

11 Feb 2014: Visa APPROVED!

20 May 2014: Wedding!

--

31 Jul 2014: Mailed AOS Packet

12 Feb 2015: AOS Interview - Approved

--

22 Feb 2017: Mailed ROC Packet

08 Aug 2018: ROC Approved

Timeline

On a desktop follow this steps:

>Settings> General> Download a Copy of your Facebook data> Start my Archive... from there you can download what you need.

This is awesome, thank you so much, will give this a try right now :)

Dave

- 04/21/2015 mailed 1-129F visa packet to Dallas Lock bock. will be there tomorrow.

Timeline

It works like a champ, I just found this out about a week ago.

I never new about it. I've seen that link before but never messed with it nor tried.

Must still be gathering information because I have not gotten any notice yet that it's in my e-mail address. Taking way longer that I expected...

So will I be able to print my our chat history from that? With out all the other Facebook advertizements and all that? It's annoying having to print and waist all the ink for a little chat area...

Dave

Timeline

I never new about it. I've seen that link before but never messed with it nor tried.

Must still be gathering information because I have not gotten any notice yet that it's in my e-mail address. Taking way longer that I expected...

So will I be able to print my our chat history from that? With out all the other Facebook advertizements and all that? It's annoying having to print and waist all the ink for a little chat area...

Dave

I has everything,all your photos, chat history, posts, comments. .....literally everything. I don't remember how long it took to get the email. Yes you'll be able to print wnat you're looking for and how you're looking for it. You can just copy and paste selected sections into a word file and it has time a date stamps for everything.

Don't think mine took more than about 10 minutes. My complete zipped download was about 79mb. Maybe try again?

EDIT: Just saw that from the email I got saying the request was made until the email I got saying it was ready for download was 4 minutes. I did it in the middle of the night so mayber web traffic and obviously the size of your profile affects it.

Edited by Shauneg

Timeline

I has everything,all your photos, chat history, posts, comments. .....literally everything. I don't remember how long it took to get the email. Yes you'll be able to print wnat you're looking for and how you're looking for it. You can just copy and paste selected sections into a word file and it has time a date stamps for everything.

Don't think mine took more than about 10 minutes. My complete zipped download was about 79mb. Maybe try again?

yes I have it now, was kind of disappointed in that none of our pictures show up in our chat history. Mine is 60MB downloaded zip file. I got the e-mail sooner than I thought but Gmail put it in a different place. It took about 10 minutes as well but longer to find it. Was not in my inbox of Gmail, was in some other tab. I thought it would go right in the inbox.

THANK YOU all for your help on this, MUCH appreciated :)

Dave

Timeline

yes I have it now, was kind of disappointed in that none of our pictures show up in our chat history. Mine is 60MB downloaded zip file. I got the e-mail sooner than I thought but Gmail put it in a different place. It took about 10 minutes as well but longer to find it. Was not in my inbox of Gmail, was in some other tab. I thought it would go right in the inbox.

THANK YOU all for your help on this, MUCH appreciated :)

Dave

yea thats about the only thing is any attachments sent in chat don't show, forgot about that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I must be blind, I'm not seeing where I can download my data! Lol. Sorry. I'm on Safari on my Macbook if that helps!

K1 Timeline
USCIS:

04/16/15: I-129f packet sent
04/17/15: I-129f packet received
04/21/15: Electronic NOA1 received - California Service Center
04/28/15: Hard copy NOA1 received
05/22/15: Electronic NOA2 received, case approved!

05/29/15: Hard copy NOA2 received
NVC:
06/08/15: NVC received our petition
06/11/15: NVC assigned case #
06/15/15: Case left NVC
U.S. Embassy:
06/23/15: Consulate received case
06/25/15: Packet 3 received and sent
07/06/15: Packet 4 received
08/24/15: Medical
08/28/15: Interview! APPROVED!
09/01/15: Administrative processing...
09/04/15: Issued..
09/10/15: Visa IN HAND
09/11/15: POE

09/23/15: Marriage

Adjustment of Status:
10/05/15: Mailed AOS, EAD, AP packet (FedEx)

10/06/15: Packet received @ Chicago

10/12/15: NOA1 received

11/06/15: Biometrics appointment
11/19/15: Case status "Ready to be scheduled for interview"

12/18/15: EAD/AP approved

02/10/16: AOS Interview

Timeline

I must be blind, I'm not seeing where I can download my data! Lol. Sorry. I'm on Safari on my Macbook if that helps!

it's in the bottom left. ..not sure about safari can only talk to chrome.

It's the same way in every desktop/pc/laptop browser.

https://www.facebook.com/help/131112897028467/

post-196363-0-28986200-1429043657_thumb.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you!!! I am just blind apparently. thanks for the screen shot :)

K1 Timeline
USCIS:

04/16/15: I-129f packet sent
04/17/15: I-129f packet received
04/21/15: Electronic NOA1 received - California Service Center
04/28/15: Hard copy NOA1 received
05/22/15: Electronic NOA2 received, case approved!

05/29/15: Hard copy NOA2 received
NVC:
06/08/15: NVC received our petition
06/11/15: NVC assigned case #
06/15/15: Case left NVC
U.S. Embassy:
06/23/15: Consulate received case
06/25/15: Packet 3 received and sent
07/06/15: Packet 4 received
08/24/15: Medical
08/28/15: Interview! APPROVED!
09/01/15: Administrative processing...
09/04/15: Issued..
09/10/15: Visa IN HAND
09/11/15: POE

09/23/15: Marriage

Adjustment of Status:
10/05/15: Mailed AOS, EAD, AP packet (FedEx)

10/06/15: Packet received @ Chicago

10/12/15: NOA1 received

11/06/15: Biometrics appointment
11/19/15: Case status "Ready to be scheduled for interview"

12/18/15: EAD/AP approved

02/10/16: AOS Interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

We love using facebook to send pictures back and forth because we miss each other MUCH.
If you really wanted to have great documentation of what you discuss, why not use regular email?

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Facebook chat is a waste of time, It is easliy forged. I could set up two separate accounts and chat to myself all day long

You could say the same about pretty much any communication, especially digital forms. That's why it's only considered secondary evidence. It does no harm to include it if it's easy to obtain.

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.