martiv

NVC cannot be reached, should I be worried?

80 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

yeah our lawyer called USCIS and they said it was sent on the 18th.. but I guess the NVC is under new contract and he said this has been a problem for most of his cases lately.. I know I told the women that they mentioned having it when she told me they didn't. All she said was I must have given the wrong case number.

Wow! Smh. Just out of curiosity, how has the process been with using a lawyer? My fiancé and I were going to use one then we found this site.

Edited by Howeetest D

Got engaged: 10 May 2014

I-129F Sent : 02 Feb 2015

I-129F NOA1 : 10 Feb 2015

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 06 Mar 2015

Hrdcpy NOA2: 12 Mar 2015

NVC Received: 22 Apr 2015

Case # Assig: 23 Apr 2015

NVC Left : 29 Apr 2015

Embassy Received:05 May 2015

Medical Date: 07 May 2015

Packet 3 Received:07 May 2015

Packet 3 Sent: 07 May 2015

Packet 4 Received:19 May 2015

Interview Date: 16 Jun 2015 (Approved)

Issued: 29 Jun 2015

At Depot: 02 Jul 2015

P.O.A: 06 Aug 2015

Wedding: 28 Aug 2015

v5Hb.png

I thought it was common knowledge that CSC filers "wait" time is concentrated at the NVC stage? You could be there for 3 months. Check the timeline of other non-Filipino CSC filers to see what I am talking about.

pdking, I see you were approved a day before I was and your case made it to NVC. Did your USCIS screen change to "We sent blah, blah, blah"? What sort of notification did you get that the case was received by NVC?

(Maybe our cases were mailed in the same batch??) :rolleyes:

Signature coming soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

pdking, I see you were approved a day before I was and your case made it to NVC. Did your USCIS screen change to "We sent blah, blah, blah"? What sort of notification did you get that the case was received by NVC?

I got an email and a text saying my case has been sent. On the USCIS page it says

my_logo.png

Case Was Sent To The Department of State

I don't think it has made it to the NVC yet, it is in transit.

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014
I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014
I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014
I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014
I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014
I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014
I-129F: NOA 2 Text message/mail 4/6/2015

I-129F: NOA 2 Hardcopy 4/9/2015

I-129F: Sent to NVC 4/13/2015

Gotcha. Thank you pdking! But you had to suffer TSC, so we wouldn't be shipped together.

I heard when TSC transferred two months worth of cases to CSC for processing, they got worked quicker, but CSC sent the cases to NBC?? (National Benefits Center?) Something like that. From what I have seen TSC at least gets the petitions on to the next step quicker, but still...200+? Really?

Signature coming soon...

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i start calling NVC 4 days after my NOA till they was able to give me my case number.. i did it everyday... and when its like 9 days passed i also called twice or thrice a day.. no kidding.. my tip for you is even if its busy keep dialling. i feel like 7-8pm pst is the best time to call :-) goodluck!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would be worrying if your application got to NVC.

I got through to NVC about 10.00 pm, and also got through using speed dial for about 45 minutes.

I would keep calling until you find out where your application is.

I would be a little worried.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I would be worrying if your application got to NVC.

I got through to NVC about 10.00 pm, and also got through using speed dial for about 45 minutes.

I would keep calling until you find out where your application is.

I would be a little worried.

today i got through on the second try and didn't even wait. I was surprised. I called at 9am Of course they gave me the 35 day spiel. ugh

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014
I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014
I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014
I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014
I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014
I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014
I-129F: NOA 2 Text message/mail 4/6/2015

I-129F: NOA 2 Hardcopy 4/9/2015

I-129F: Sent to NVC 4/13/2015

Don't loose heart, previously trying to get through I would call 50+ times before I got a ring and then an hour long wait to get through to a person. But in the end they were pleasant (although by that time I wasn't) and answered my questions.

Don't loose heart, previously trying to get through I would call 50+ times before I got a ring and then an hour long wait to get through to a person. But in the end they were pleasant (although by that time I wasn't) and answered my questions.

when calling the NVC, the line will always be busy. You have to dial, hang up, dial again until you get an open line. Its how its always been. Its nothing new. You have to be persistent and just keep dialing. If you start dialing about 1 minute before 7am, you have good chance of getting through must quicker. I got through once without a ring, and the operator told me I was her first call of the day.

Getting through to the NVC is annoying but they made it that way. Only one number available to call. Probably hoping people will give up after a while. But I will say, the NVC stage is much easier , IMO, because at least when you call, you actually get an operator who will discuss you case with you and give you answers...The USCIS is like being in a black hole.

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Okay, my fiance tried calling them, here is his experience:

He called them last night. 45 calls between 9:45pm and midnight. The call didn't go through, only automated answer.

In the morning he tried again, 7am sharp. The line was different this time, no automated message this time.

Here is what he texted me:

I called the NVC exactly at 7:00. Different Menu System. I pressed 1 for English, and then pressed 1 again for the option. "I received a notice from USCIS but haven't received instructions from the National Visa Center." The phone system immediately hung up.

I called back again.
Pressed 1 for English, press option 3 to "Speak to a representative". Phone system immediately hung up.
I called back again
this time back to the standard, message. Due to the number of calls
I called 4x again, same automated message."
We found the forum thread about the NVC "shortcuts" so we are trying again tonight and tomorrow morning a little before 7am.
Thanks for all your suggestions!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Wow! Smh. Just out of curiosity, how has the process been with using a lawyer? My fiancé and I were going to use one then we found this site.

My fiancé and I hired a lawyer before we found out about this website. In hindsight, if I had known about VJ, I would not have wasted the $$$ to have a lawyer draw up the paperwork maybe a week faster than I could have done it myself. That is about as helpful as my lawyer has been. She even messed up a couple items in my initial paperwork, causing a delay in my packet being sent out. She also advised my fiancé not to attempt to come visit me, and told him most likely he would just be turned away by boarder control - which I am finding out is not the case whatsoever. Our case is pretty clear cut, I think the only time a lawyer needs to be involved is if there was some sort of issue. Maybe others have a more positive experience with their attorney. I have paid a large sum of money for "peace of mind" that is not being provided.

In terms of not receiving a case number from the NVC, the lawyer has yet again been no help. All she could tell me is that it may take up to 8 weeks and if I don't hear anything by then I have to put in a service request. As my lawyer, you would think it would be her job to look into this matter further, chase up the NVC, possibly contact my congressman if it comes to that (it has only been 33 days for me). Maybe only the petitioner can do these things, but she technically has power of attorney and is my representative, so should be able to help me out.

I understand everyone's frustration, all I can think is that CSC is waiting to send all our files out in bulk, and hopefully we will hear something soon!

In the mean time I have requested information from nvcresearch@state.gov and asknvc@state.gov. My next step will be to contact a tier 2 rep at USCIS if no case number by Friday, then my congressman.

Feb. 13th 2015: I-129F sent

Feb. 18th 2015: NOA1

Mar. 12th 2015: NOA2

Apr. 17th 2015: NVC received

Apr. 20th 2015: Case number assigned

Apr. 29th 2015: Consulate received

May 4th 2015: Packet 3 received

May 11th 2015: Medical - Passed!

May 29th 2015: Packet 4 received

June 18th 2015: Interview!! APPROVED!!

July 2nd 2015: Visa in hand

July 21st 2015: POE

???: Real wedding

Oct. 22nd 2015: Wedding ceremony with family/friends!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Dude... When did u receive ur NOA2..??? Which date ...????

R u too from CSC,,??? I'm asking coz our files were too transferred to CSC 2 weeks before n I got approved on 31 st March.. 2 weeks n heard nuthing... Called today n was informed to wait till 35 days if no contact from NVC...

Mine was I130...

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

We got approved 3/13 from CSC! So it's been 33 days and counting. I called last night and was told, yet again, to wait 35 days..

Feb. 13th 2015: I-129F sent

Feb. 18th 2015: NOA1

Mar. 12th 2015: NOA2

Apr. 17th 2015: NVC received

Apr. 20th 2015: Case number assigned

Apr. 29th 2015: Consulate received

May 4th 2015: Packet 3 received

May 11th 2015: Medical - Passed!

May 29th 2015: Packet 4 received

June 18th 2015: Interview!! APPROVED!!

July 2nd 2015: Visa in hand

July 21st 2015: POE

???: Real wedding

Oct. 22nd 2015: Wedding ceremony with family/friends!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.